shape
carat
color
clarity

TjMaxx and Mervyn''s for fun, inexpensive jewelry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to share that I''ve been noticing TjMaxx and Mervyn''s carrying fun, inexpensive pieces of jewelry. Also, Nordstrom Rack seems to be carrying more these days; They have a lot of Movado watches.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Did you start this threat just for me?I am very well known at the T.J.MAXX stores in my area...there is a mix of the good ,the bad and the ugly to choose from...some really good buys and some over priced lower quality items.I have purchased a few sterling italian made chains from them at well below wholesale...a curb link gents chain that weighs 35 grams for$8.50, one nice 14kt gold gents ring in their clearance case that had a dark but decent natural 6x4 cab cut sapphire for $75,and recently(febuary) a Hot Diamond brand gents cuff bracelet with a princess cut diamond that retailed for $210 for $29.99....I dont care for the quality of jewelry at Mervyns stores and their high retails...especially when they run the fake sales(60-70 % off inflated retails)...im going to have to check out the jewelry at the Rack...

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
I get my charms from Mervyn''s but I get what you mean. Hopefully they will revamp their stores soon.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never found anything at TJMAXX or Mervyn''s but have gotten a few pairs of earrings at Nord Rack. . .

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2008 8:16:40 PM
Author: jewelerman
Did you start this threat just for me?I am very well known at the T.J.MAXX stores in my area...there is a mix of the good ,the bad and the ugly to choose from...some really good buys and some over priced lower quality items.I have purchased a few sterling italian made chains from them at well below wholesale...a curb link gents chain that weighs 35 grams for$8.50, one nice 14kt gold gents ring in their clearance case that had a dark but decent natural 6x4 cab cut sapphire for $75,and recently(febuary) a Hot Diamond brand gents cuff bracelet with a princess cut diamond that retailed for $210 for $29.99....I dont care for the quality of jewelry at Mervyns stores and their high retails...especially when they run the fake sales(60-70 % off inflated retails)...im going to have to check out the jewelry at the Rack...
Can''t get over these prices. Australian retail sux
7.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/23/2008 2:03:27 PM
Author: Peepa
I get my charms from Mervyn''s but I get what you mean. Hopefully they will revamp their stores soon.
In the early 1990s Mervyns actually carried decent diamond jewelry...they did carry the promo quality stuff that were I-1 clarity with J color..but they carried a line of better jewelry with true SI clarity H-I color....it didnt sell well because it was more expensive and many pieces went into their clearance cases...A friend of mine asked me to find them a wedding band with diamonds that was affordable...I was in their store one day and found a 1 ct. twt multi-row band in 14kt.yellow gold with SI1-H-I quality diamonds for $400.00 on final clearance...It was sad to see them go to the frozen spit jewelry that most mall department stores carry today.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I had to post about my new piece...the first piece ive bougt in 10 months...TJMAXX had a 25%off clearance sale and I found a gents stainless link bracelet with 5 solid 14karat gold large rectangular plaques inlaid into the front links...only $16...cant wait to wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results