shape
carat
color
clarity

Swing coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, I found this swing coat at Victoria''s Secret and I think it''s really cute. I''m really close to hitting the purchase button, but want to get your opinions...good, or bad. Also, if you have links to other cute jackets, that would be great too. Thanks!!

swing coat.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s adorable Marvel!!! Just hit the purchase button...VS is sometimes hit or miss with clothing/outerwear, but they have a great return policy. Don''t forget to check online for free shipping deals or promos.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 10:18:40 PM
Author: monarch64
I think it''s adorable Marvel!!! Just hit the purchase button...VS is sometimes hit or miss with clothing/outerwear, but they have a great return policy. Don''t forget to check online for free shipping deals or promos.
You''ve got that right, but it sure does look good on the model. I bought it, so I''ll hope for the best. Thanks for the enabling
2.gif

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
BE CAREFUL!!! I bought this coat from Victoria''s Secret about a month ago http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=3H-155460&page=1&cgname=OSCLOOUTWOO&rfnbr=3942

and the buttons WEREN''T SEWED ON! They thread them through the coat, wrapped thread around the button (not through) a hundred times, and then left the stray ends open! The buttons were already unraveling after just having tried the coat on. Needless to say, I returned it. The coat itself was actually nice and thick. If you''re up to the possibility of having to re-sew your coat together, okay, but I didn''t feel like paying $100 to sew my own buttons on.

It is cute though!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2008 11:29:29 PM
Author: misysu2
BE CAREFUL!!! I bought this coat from Victoria''s Secret about a month ago http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=3H-155460&page=1&cgname=OSCLOOUTWOO&rfnbr=3942

and the buttons WEREN''T SEWED ON! They thread them through the coat, wrapped thread around the button (not through) a hundred times, and then left the stray ends open! The buttons were already unraveling after just having tried the coat on. Needless to say, I returned it. The coat itself was actually nice and thick. If you''re up to the possibility of having to re-sew your coat together, okay, but I didn''t feel like paying $100 to sew my own buttons on.

It is cute though!!
Misysu2, it sounds like they just didn''t finish the button-sewing technique. I.e., the loose ends from the shank (the shank is made by wrapping thread around the thread between the button and the coat) were not finished off by passing the loose ends back through the material and knotting. That sucks, I would have returned the coat based upon that as well. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing that happened and Marvel does not have the same experience.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 11:29:29 PM

It is cute though!!
Oh, bummer...sorry to hear about that! I already ordered it
emsad.gif
Although, the quality doesn''t surprise me because we know their clothing is hit, or miss. If I like the fit of the jacket, I might consider letting the cleaners tighten up the buttons. Otherwise, I have no problem returning it. Thanks for the info!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
marvel--If the buttons aren''t fully sewn on, it shouldn''t cost too much for your tailor to finish them up. I had the same thing happen with a jacket I purchased from Marshall Field''s a few years ago, I didn''t even notice the buttons were literally hanging by a thread until I got home, but I LOVED the jacket. I brought it in to my cleaner''s, they quoted me something pretty fair ($20ish) and then they ended up doing it for free because I''m such a regular customer, so it was DEFINITELY worth it!

Very cute jacket, I hope it works out!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Marvel! Keep us posted on the coat! Didn''t want to scare you-- just wanted you to know what happened to me! :)

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I have that coat! It''s cute...I really like it. I agree with the quality of VS stuff, not always what you expect for the price you pay, but I was satisfied with the coat. I think I posted it in the Fall/Winter thread.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 5:12:35 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
I have that coat! It''s cute...I really like it. I agree with the quality of VS stuff, not always what you expect for the price you pay, but I was satisfied with the coat. I think I posted it in the Fall/Winter thread.
GingerB, I saw your post with that coat and it looked really cute on you! I hope this one is as cute.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2008 3:39:53 PM
Good luck Marvel! Keep us posted on the coat! Didn''t want to scare you-- just wanted you to know what happened to me! :)
Hi misysu2, You didn''t scare me
1.gif
I would have warned somebody too if I had the same experience. I''ll let you know how this turns out when I get it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results