shape
carat
color
clarity

Stylish wallking shoes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
We are booking our trip to the US the weekend. One week in New York and stop overs in Hawaii and SF. The main trip is to New York and obviously we will be doing a lot of walking .
Can anyone recommend some cut but comfortable flats for walking. It will be in July so ballet flats and sandals are what I have in mind.
I will probably pick them up in SF or get them online if possible before.
Thanks

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I like Clarks for comfy but relatively cute walking sandals: Clarks sandals

Ballet flats really have no support...thinking about wearing them for walking around in NYC is making MY feet hurt!
40.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Selkie. I guess your right about the flats
5.gif
I am looking at these Merrell ones
I want them to be semi stylish for going to lunch and museums and what not

MER_f_VALETTA_J76778.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Merrells are awesome too. I really like those!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
or these Mephisto anyone have experience with this brand

mephisto.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks LitigatorChick wow these are lovely! I just have the classic driving moccasins and had no idea they had grooved them up so as to speak. Do you have any and are comfortable for 6 hours of walking?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I have Dansko Selas in dark brown as pictured, and they are spectacularly comfy and pretty cute looking on (or at least I think they are). The foot bed is super cushy and soft but also very supportive, and I like that I can wear them with pants or with shorts or even skirts without them looking too out of place. In SF in summer, you''ll definitely want to bring some pants (it gets COLD here in summer...).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have Sketchers and Aerosoles that I depend on for "distances"......some really cute styles.....

cheers--Sharon

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! for extended walking i really think that besides cute you need some cush between you and the pavement. i second the clark recommend. the privo by clark has some very comfy shoes. i can also recommend the skechers. although the totally flat ballet flats are super cute i am afraid they will be hard on your feet and knees. born is also a good option. good luck!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2008 12:58:05 PM
Author: crown1
hi! for extended walking i really think that besides cute you need some cush between you and the pavement. i second the clark recommend. the privo by clark has some very comfy shoes. i can also recommend the skechers. although the totally flat ballet flats are super cute i am afraid they will be hard on your feet and knees. born is also a good option. good luck!
Ditto, you will need a thicker sole with arch support for extended walking. I have tried to wear flats but they kill my feet and legs.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results