shape
carat
color
clarity

Spring Must Haves!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't remember if I already did the Spring Must Haves? Anyway what are they this year?!?!?!?!?!?!? What do you have your eye on? What's already waiting in your closet to be worn? You can throw summer in too if you are buying for both seasons like I am.

I have been slowly buying spring clothes for the last 2-3 months but it's been SO RAINY I can't wear any of it. So depressing. I even did a closet cleansing a few weeks ago and now it's even more sad. hehee.

My must-have this spring is the new Charlotte capris, they are super cute with a straight leg and they look fab with cutie heels. I only have one pair so far but I am waiting til Revolve gets them in the gray ,though I may just go ahead and get the white too while I am at it. These things are so versatile, I love them.

Also I got a few cute things at one of those CAbI shows thanks to Miss Jorman inviting me, in particular an army green washed looking cotton skirt that is fitted through the waist and top thigh and then flares out to below the knee, perfect with flip flops or to dress it up with heels. The fitted part is pretty flattering and makes you look smaller up on the thigh and lower belly which I need!!

A trip to White House, Black Market was fruitful with a stretch denim jean skirt that goes to right below the knee and is slightly flared out with a tiny ruffle, very cute with a simple tank and flip flops...and I got one of those super thin knitted see through little cap sleeve sweater things that just goes over a tank or something and ties right at the waist. Kinda fun.

What else, hmm oh I bought a cute see through thin cotton blue and white melange sweater at BR that you can layer with tanks underneath. Oh and my new thing is Abercrombie and Fitch tanks for $15.50 for layering for summer, gotta love the cheap stuff that wears well. Oh and I got some cute cargo army straight leg pants from A&F that I have gotten a bunch of compliments on amazingly. I feel like a teenager when I shop in that store but they do have some cute stuff. And I like not paying out the wazzoo for some fun summer pieces.

The next thing for spring is to go to DSW in the next few weeks and get some summer sandals, Greg got me a gift cert for Xmas that I still haven't used!!

Okay gals whats on your list, OR what did you recently buy?!?!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any major plans but I would like to get two terry juicy sets, one in light pink and one in white.

I can''t think of anything else at the moment.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I''m scary greedy--bought two pairs of cropped Guess jeans (capri), one pair of Guess wedge/sandles, three gorgeous tanks, 18k gold chain/bracelet, diamond earrings coming from the Easter Bunny.....stop me
6.gif
!

cheers--Sharon

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
No keep going Sharon and we''re going to want to see those diamond earrings!!!

I just got back from visiting my mom in Houston and I bought Marc Jacobs sunglasses to coordinate with my MJ handbag, some new sandals with metallic bronze beaded straps, and a coral colored Tommy Bahama capri outfit. Now if the weather would just warm up!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh Marc Jacobs glasses, yum!!

Butterfly, I also want one of the juicy terry sets, in Freedom, the darkish sage green. I saw it in the store recently and I loved the color.

diamond earrings? where!! i have gotten some cool dangly silver ones from WHBM and also this private seller at the recent SF Gift Show that are fun.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far I have done most of my shopping at J.Crew, both online and in-store. I got a pair of navy espadrilles with fuschia laces (I think they''re called "Carolyn") in the store, and ordered a pair of espresso ones online. I love them! They actually make my size 10 tootsies look a little less huge, lol! And I love anything that ties on the ankle or has some sort of strap.

I found a really cute navy cotton tiered skirt at American Eagle, it''s very casual but perfect for all the long skinny tanks (like mara''s A&F ones), and a wide belt on the hips.

Ordered some sandals from VS, they have about a 3 inch heel and are brown woven like haurachis (remember those? apparently they''re back!) on top--they look like they might match the hip belt I got from Fossil!

Oh, and I found some cute havianas--brown with cherries on the soles and a little cherry charm thing on the strap. DH says not one more pair of flip flops, though. I got about 6 pair from J.Crew when they were on sale this winter and oops, he saw them! I guess the dog may have to accidentally chew one or two of them up after a couple months.
2.gif
11.gif

I have a little weight loss goal going on so I will probably wait until later in May to pick up any jeans or trendy/fun outfits for going out...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i want these flip flops on VS...the ones with the metallic straps and are flat, i love the way they look and they are what? $20?

oooh the AE skirt sounds very cute monarch...i gotta get in there and check it out.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Mara...I agree...all of these cute spring clothes and it's been raining...raining...raining. So far I've gotten a bunch of Spring/Summer tops, a pair of cute metallic (gold, copper, silver) strappy sandals and a pair of black sandals. I'm shopping for a pair of "oversized" sunglasses now and am debating between a pair from Prada or Gucci. I saw two pairs online that I like, but have to find the time to go hunting in person to see if they look good on me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
uh oh i was surfing around VS tonite and i have a bunch of things in my cart!!
12.gif

also i got this new catalog in the mail called Boston Proper, it looks like VS kinda stuff, alot of casual looking islandy stuff, but they do have a really cute long prairie skirt thing in chocolate brown that is totally up my alley...and a few cute looking strappy shoe options, their website is
www.bostonproper.com , they seem too expensive but not cheap either.

clammer

Shiny_Rock
I only wish I could complain about the rain. It snowed here yesterday. I desperately need some summer clothes, but I''m moving in less than a month and I have to fit ALL of my stuff in five suitcases.

There are some super cute shoes at DSW, but shoes are the hardest to pack so I''m going to have to pick out my favorite pair, or two, or three.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
This is what we call a 'summer wardrobe' in the UK. A set of rain coats, one for each day, in bright summer colors!

We would also peel off one layer, and wear one thermal vest instead of two!

CA-COATPOLY_L.jpg

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell Lorelei, I think I've sorted King's summer wardroble too!

HWMACK.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/4/2006 4:20:21 PM
Author: TheDoctor
I have procured a rather impressive ''mullet'' wig which will hide these long white ears.
What? Your old one worn out already????
2.gif

I must admit--although the Guess capri jeans I bought were adorable--the fit is not brilliant--I guess (no pun intended) that is why I always buy Miss Sixty jeans b/c I can count on a "perfect" fit every time....but I had no intention of spending $230 on a pair of summer jeans....

I see that folks have a great pension for flip-flops, but I must admit I always opt for a heel (even a kitten one) over flats. I must have short tendons or something.
cheers--Sharon

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 4:44:06 PM
Author: Mara
ooooh Marc Jacobs glasses, yum!!

Butterfly, I also want one of the juicy terry sets, in Freedom, the darkish sage green. I saw it in the store recently and I loved the color.

diamond earrings? where!! i have gotten some cool dangly silver ones from WHBM and also this private seller at the recent SF Gift Show that are fun.

Yeah, I am waiting for them to go on sale. I hope my color doesn''t run out, but it''s so much fun trying to see if I can actually get what I want.
I didn''t qualify for the last sale they had on the terry sets because I got a "new" color- seagrass, so hopefully this time I will.

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I don't really like to shop for new clothes, I pick up a few t-shirts now and again and I wear them with jeans for work and casual (work is casual! : ) ) but I enjoy handbags - only in the last 8 months or so. My Spring must have was the camel coloured bag in the picture below (which I purchased yesterday.) I had an awful time trying to choose between the two, despite the picture, they are the same size. I like the camel bag because of the smooth leather and I think it will go with more colours, but I loved the sand coloured bag because of the pebbled leather texture and the awesome strap, but it is definitely a much lighter colour and I was worried about it showing dirt. I adore the style of the bag. Do you think I made a mistake with the colour? My sister said I should have bought the sand colour, she thinks that would be more versatile. I was thinking of keeping the camel and getting the sand Pebbled Leather in a smaller hobo. I use the larger bags for work and the smaller ones for weekends when I don't need to carry more with me. What do you guys think?

ETA: The sand colour is much lighter IRL than it appears on my monitor.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Coach Soho handbags.jpg

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/5/2006 2:44:50 AM
12.gif

also i got this new catalog in the mail called Boston Proper, it looks like VS kinda stuff, alot of casual looking islandy stuff, but they do have a really cute long prairie skirt thing in chocolate brown that is totally up my alley...and a few cute looking strappy shoe options, their website is
Thanks for that link..some real cute stuff in there!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
er i mean to say they don''t seem too expensive...(for boston proper) not that they SEEM expensive!!

blod, my god woman how can you live in those patterned rain coats?! surely you guys have SOME sun and nice weather out there???

butterfly, yeah i have my eye out for the sale on the terry sets, but who knows what will be left by the time that happens, also to be honest i don''t love the terry stuff as much as i do the velour, terry just always seems not quite as flattering for me. but i do want the freedom set.

bridget i love that first darker person more than the pebbled one, pebbled to me looks more trendy or ''now'' whereas the smooth leather seems more classic!

the funny thing bout the fact that wedges and espadrilles are in again means i can wear the ones i bought from jcrew and steve madden like 3-4 years ago! but i do want a new pair of espadrilles for sure.

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Blod, you are a riot. I honestly laughed out loud.

Ahhhhhh... I love Brits.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blast, double-blast! Triple blast! Mara, you''ve enabled me again! I was happily going along, minding my own, when I happened upon your post about A&F tanks (I think for the 2nd time recently), and I was supposed to be working, but don''t you know that the mouse suddenly developed a mind of its own and quicker than I could restrain it, was on the A&F website ordering those $15.50 tanks, plus some others? Jeez. You''re killing my bank account here.
20.gif
2.gif
9.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL well mine is looking kinda sad right now too so at least you are in good company.
9.gif

I still haven't bought my VS stuff...but now I am thinking about Boston Proper and their cutie skirts. I think part of it is that I am SO desperate for spring that the catalog pictures of sandy beaches are seducing me into buying more!! Today it was sunny for a few hours and it seems like EVERYONE came out of their places to walk around. I heard it's going to rain either starting tomorrow or Fri for five straight days. Everyone was saying why don't we just move to Oregon or Seattle?!!?
39.gif
Or from the look of it, London!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl, I don''t blame you for being a little depressed over all the rain/gloomy weather! I have to tell you, I work in an office here in the Midwest, and I bill for CA, TX, and IL. My company services gas stations/car washes all over the world. Mara, I curse the rains in CA for different reasons. When it rains out there a lot, techs have to go out in the middle of the night and pump water out of the gas tanks that become flooded and no longer dispense gas, if that makes any sense. When they are out on night calls, none of their work numbers get calculated by the CA office, so the next morning, I am the one who updates EVERYTHING! Normally I just update every work ticket generated by the CA techs (they don''t have enough people in their office right now to take care of it), b/c most of the updating is done by the gal in the CA office. But when night calls, or "after hours" calls come through, it is my job to update ALL the info in the morning because she doesn''t see it that same night! So ordinarily it would take me about 4 hours to do the updating for CA, but when it rains, and techs get called out after hours, I have to do all the work for CA here in IL!

Wish it would stop raining in CA as much a you do Mara! Your weather affects my job, lol!

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
12.gif

I shop from the Boston Proper catalogue all the time -- dresses, skirts, denim, sweatsuits/yogawear, purses and accessories - - you name it, I have it from Boston Proper. I just love that catalogue ...

If you like Juicy Couture sweats you may like the ones from Boston Proper better - - Boston Proper sweats offer a great fit, terrific fabric selection and IMHO are of MUCH better quality than Juicy Couture.

The stuff I've purchased from Boston Proper is consistently very high quality, and kind of funky and fun ... generally different from the clothes you find in other places!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 2:46:10 AM
Author: BrownEyes

12.gif

I shop from the Boston Proper catalogue all the time -- dresses, skirts, denim, sweatsuits/yogawear, purses and accessories - - you name it, I have it from Boston Proper. I just love that catalogue ...

If you like Juicy Couture sweats you may like the ones from Boston Proper better - - Boston Proper sweats offer a great fit, terrific fabric selection and IMHO are of MUCH better quality than Juicy Couture.

The stuff I''ve purchased from Boston Proper is consistently very high quality, and kind of funky and fun ... generally different from the clothes you find in other places!
I totally agree, the quality of Boston Proper is very good. We are going on a cruise in June, and I''ve been shopping for a few cruise-ish outfits for the evenings. I had seen this cute skirt in the BP catalog a while back and though it looked cute (my favorite color is pink by the way). When it went on sale, I decided to order, and I could send it back if I hated it. Well, it is about 10X cuter in person that the pic. I tried it on for my girlfriend after I got it, and she went nuts over it. It''s so adorable, I can''t wait to wear it!!!!!

bostonproperbeadedskirt1.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a close-up of the beading. Be honest, what do you think?

bostonproperbeadedskirt2.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2006 8:48:53 AM
Author: DiamondLil
Here''s a close-up of the beading. Be honest, what do you think?
HI:

Very feminine without sacrificing the "sexy" factor.....I think it is very cute....dress up or down.....
emthup.gif

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like it lil!! i agree you could totally dress it up or down, aka a tank and flip flops would be really cute or you can do heels like in the picture with a fancier top. i love versatile pieces like that!

i haven''t gotten back to the BP catalog just yet to do any shopping, i was consumed with the guest room and bathroom decor and painting for the last few weeks...but i do ''need'' to get a few more things and still get over to DSW to get some new shoes for spring!! the sun is finally out today...yay!

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Sharon and Mara. I thought it looked cruise-ish. I even ended up getting two gorgeous beaded ball gowns and a brand new tuxedo for my husband for the two formal nights. I love getting dressed up, so it should be a lot of fun.

I''m a shoe nut. I love all kinds of sandals for summer. I found these last week and just HAD to have them. They are really comfortable which is hard to believe for a 3+" heel. I also picked up flip-flops in a bunch of colors. Can''t go wrong with those -- heehee.

I''m on the hunt for a summer handbag, preferrably a backpack since I''m on the run so much in the warmer months. I want a natural color leather or woven straw style. I ordered one from the Brahmin website, but the color was much darker in person so I sent it back. Brahmin bags are the best quality handbags I have ever owned. Too bad they don''t have what I NEED this spring. Now I''m fixated on an LV Ellipse backpack. I love my Speedy, so maybe that''s the way to go. Argh, decisions, decisions . . .
20.gif

aerosoleswedgenatural.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that skirt Lil. The shoes are too cute!!! I am looking for a white flowy shirt that has some eyelet on it. I saw some nice ones at Saks but they were too expensive.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have one of those from banana kaleigh, i never wear it!!! it''s too big for you or else i''d mail it. hehee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results