clarity

Show me your Coach - Part II!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 11:00:21 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 2/11/2009 6:46:18 PM
Author: joflier
Your patchwork bag is fab, Irish! Now that''s its getting into spring, you have to get a summer bag too!
11.gif
9.gif
Oh, JO! You enabler!
27.gif
9.gif
Ya, I know!
5.gif
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 1:41:13 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/4/2009 2:03:31 AM
Author: omieluv

Date: 2/4/2009 1:34:45 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 2/3/2009 11:23:17 PM
Author: omieluv

Oooh, I love the bag! I have been wanting a monogram bag and yours is so cute. The wallet is precious and I love that it is not matchy-matchy.

SDL - I think you have this one too. Do you still love it?
I DO! I DO I DO I DOOOOOOOOO!! I have the matching black wallet as well.. love that shock of pink, but I went with matchy cuz it was on sale! LOL I have to say I baby it.. absolutely love it. And while most people don''t notice it, it is still such a luxury to me. :)
I am glad you are still enjoying your handbag. The wallet is nice too and there is nothing wrong with going matchy, as you can never go wrong with a black wallet, right? Most people do not notice my bags either, as they are not remarkable, just conservative black leather handbags. I have to say that my Coach portfolio is one of my favorites out of the bunch. I use that when I go on job interviews (along with the tote) and I feel so put together with it.
I know hubby paid ''full price'' for the bag.. but because we very seldom splurge, he said I was worth it :) The wallet was on sale (and the only one left!) at Nordstrom.. I was stoked. lol I am one to use the heck out of my stuff.. so well made bags are a good thing!! I''m a pretty conservative gal, too.. and really wanted something to carry everything and then the kitchen sink, too. lol Your pieces are wonderful and classic. :)
Your hubby is so sweet! Like you, I do use the heck out of my stuff as well. It might not seem that way, but each of my bags serve a purpose. For instance, the tote to the left of my portfolio is the perfect size for my portfolio, which is used for job interviews or when I had to visit clients when I worked at the recruiting firm. I do love my pieces and really wanted to go for more of a classic collection, so that they can stand the test of time. However, I think I am due for a trendy bag - maybe something fun for Summer?!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 11:14:06 AM
Author: Skippy123
IRISH, MISS.JAX, Pinstars, OMIELUV, great coach bags
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks Skippy!
2.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 8:42:58 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OK, I finally took a pic of the patchwork gallery tote that DH got me for Christmas

You can see my ''other'' Christmas pressie sitting on the table in front of it!
31.gif
30.gif

And just because I know some of you want a closer look:

9.gif
oooh, I love your bag! Purple is my favorite color...hmmm...

BTW, your ring is fab!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 4:13:33 PM
Author: missjaxon
I also love your collection of Coach omieluv That portfolio is awesome, I would really like to get something like that for my Mom as she is a Real Estate Agent and constantly has to carry around a portfolio.
Like I said, the portfolio is one of my favorite pieces. Your mom would like it as well, however, they also have a style that can hold more and actually zips close. Perhaps that style would work better for her, because I remember thinking that a person working is sales would get more use out of that than I would. Not sure if they still make it, as I found mine at the outlet about two years ago. Mine was around $100 and I think the zip style was more. Kinda expensive for a portfolio, however, I think it is worth the money.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yippee!!! I am so excited to add to this thread. I just got back from the Coach outlet, where I was hooooping I''d find a pinky/red bag (something I''d been lusting after since V-day when I realized that this was a color missing from my coach collection). I was totally expecting not to find anything that fit the bill, but as DH pointed out to me, within about 5 minutes, I was walking around the store with four bags on my arm, haha! I narrowed it down to this one - the Madison small leather hobo in cherry.

The color is perfect for my needs - it''s red enough to be festive in winter, pink enough for wearing in spring/summer. The size is also really surprising. From the website, I expected this to be an itty bitty bag, but it holds all my "purse stuff" with room to spare.

Without further adieu - the first photo is on the drive home (thank goodness the closest outlet is a little over an hour away!), and the second is at home inside. You can see how the color looks really different!

Elmortpinkredbag.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Second shot. Thanks for letting me share! :)

elmortpinkredbag2.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, your bag is cute and I think the color can definitely work with Winter and Spring. In fact I am sure the color will work in the Summer too. I need to get to the Coach outlet, soon. I have $50 gift card that needs to be spent.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I''m curious, what all can you fit into that bag? I''ve considered getting one in Silver, but I''m worried it would be too small.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Omie! Yes, run out to your outlet! I was really surprised how good the selection was, but I think maybe they fare better sortof between seasons?

Pinkstars, I carry the following in my purse: A coach french wallet (so it''s kinda tall), a mini-skinny, my car keys, my cell phone, a point and shoot camera in its case, a small hardcover Moleskine notebook, a pen, a couple feminine products, a small bottle of hand sanitizer or lotion, and a chapstick or lipgloss. All of the above fits with a little room to spare, though you can see the outline a little bit of the notebook due to its shape. The bag also has a zipper on the outside in the back which allows a touch more room, which I like. It''s still a small bag, so I don''t want to give the wrong impression, but it''s long (about 1 and 1/2 times the length of a couch pouch bag, with about the same width) and I would say it definitely fits a large wallet, a cell phone, keys, and some small items thrown in. HTH!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SDL!! I''m still lusting after a Zoe like yours :)

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 5:57:40 PM
Author: Elmorton
Second shot. Thanks for letting me share! :)

I just got the same bag! I''m in love with it!!!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Got two new bags on Friday night as celebration gifts to myself. The first, the same as Elmorton''s adorable bag:

newcoachpink.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
And the second, a very springy/summery bag that is just so fresh. My girlfriend and I both got this one:

newcoachyellow.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh Elmorton! I love that bag... I want it in brown so bad!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Star, we''re bag twins!!! Love it!!! And the yellow one is AWESOME!! Coach really doesn''t do yellow very often.

Thanks, Red!

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton & Star Sparkle: I really am not a fan of Coach, but I absolutely love your "red" handbags.

My closet is stocked with Dooney & Burke, Stone Mountain, and Aigner...but they are all boring colors. Now I have to find a "red" one!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m off to the outlets today with FI for birthday shopping! We both decided that we really need some new clothes and so we''re treating each other (within a budget of course). I''m on the fence between a new bag and clothes, so we''ll see once we get there. Maybe I''ll find something amazing that''s priced right and I''ll get both!

Stay tuned...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
BUMP! There have been several mentions of new bags (Hudson? Lauren?) and this thread hasn''t been updated in awhile. Just wondering what other Coach eye candy there is out there that hasn''t been added!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle- I LOVEEEEEEEEEE the summery bag!!!!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Have you all seen Coach''s new HORRID website? It''s complely un-user friendly. I was trying to browse at the new spring lovelies but got so frustrated trying to look that I gave up and emailed Coach to complain about the site. (Maybe partly because I''m a graphic designer. I don''t know. haha!)

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah... I''m really not liking the new website. Takes me forever to find stuff. But I did just get an outrageous deal on a Coach bag. YAY It''s hugely impractical because it''s suede... But I got it for just over 200 so I couldn''t resist!

kjaghvk;eog.jpeg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
and I also got this keychain. I am seriously in love with the daisy! I had put off buying it... but i''m so glad I did. I spend a lot of time where I just need my house keys and it''s so nice to just be able to whip them off of my other crowded set of keys. And it''s just so pretty!

nlksajdghpeir.jpeg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Red! Love the suede bag and the keychain is SUPER cute - I go crazy over the daisies, too :) Heart the turnlock styles!

DG, I agree - the website has gotten kinda lousy - not a fan.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I always love a good deal!
2.gif

tommalle

Rough_Rock
I second the crappy website Red!
38.gif
I looked at a few bags and then gave up.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
No new Coach here
7.gif

If I had the ability to go to an outlet, I would probably have new stuff every week!
I have been stalking Ebay just to see if I can get a super good deal on something, but no luck with that either.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I got an Ebay bag last year used but in pretty good condition - the photos were AWFUL and I took a chance (it was the first thing I''d ever bid on, so I was pretty shocked when I won!). Happily, I got exactly what I wanted for a price I wanted - I really just wanted a well-constructed canvas tote that I could carry around everywhere in the summer. But honestly, I haven''t seen a good Coach e-Bay deal in ages!! People buy up Factory stuff in bulk and then try to sell it for normal retail prices, plus shipping. Ugh.

Random note - I just got back from Von Maur and was surprised how cute the Bonnie Cashin stuff was in person (and I found that there is an aspect of the new website I like - there''s a little flash presentation with all the classic bags from the 70s. FUN!!). There was a great swingpack with her sketches on the front for $168. That''s maybe a little steep for a simple canvas cross-body bag, but I''d definitely pick one up if I found it on clearance in a couple of months.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to post this from a couple weeks ago - it was a B-day gift from my parents (picked it out during after-Xmas sales, so I knew it was coming). My mom slipped it to DH on their last visit here, so it was a fun B-day surprise first thing in the morning when I woke up. :)

elmortonkellygreencoach.jpg

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
That purse is gorgeous!!! I love the color. Congrats!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results