Shiny_Rock
Is this impossible to find?

*windows based printer
*black/white and color print
*quality photo prints
*under $200
*intended for home use, pretty infrequent
*doesn't take up a lot of room.

Any ideas? I've been on CNET.com and it's like another language. Me no speak.

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
I only use a laser printer for B&W prints. It's vastly cheaper per page, especially once it gets out of warranty and you get less fussy and start buying the knockoff toner cartridges instead of the manufacturer's brand. ;-)

For color, I have a Canon inkjet. Two of them, actually, and they are the kind that have 5 individual ink cartridges. The reason I picked Canon is that the print head is separate from the cartridges. That's a better design than having it built into the cartridges. If the Canon print head clogs, you can remove it and clean it somehow. But I've never had one clog.

Before that, I had a HP and a Epson. Both were used infrequently and the cartridges became impossibly clogged when they were still mostly full, and wasted loads of ink. A guy who works in IT said get a Canon, and I did and have not regretted it. Mine are old: iP5000, and Pixma MP640. I haven't printed a lot of photos. Usually I take photos to WalMart or someplace and have them printed by the batch.

SonicKim

Rough_Rock
Seeing how good color printers cost in the 1000's of dollars, I'd have to say Ink Jets would be the only option. But by the time you've printed all your color photos on one, you will have spent 1000's of dollars on color cartridges. So in answer to your question, yes you can, but the more you print, the more expensive it becomes.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results