shape
carat
color
clarity

Presents for girlfriend

Timm

Rough_Rock
Is it a good idea to buy bags and shoes as a present? I know women can be particular about their clothing and accessories, but then again, who wouldn't want to be surprised with a nice handbag or designer shoes?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno I don't think shoes are a good idea unless it is a specific brand and model/style that you know she loves and is comfortable wearing. Shoes really need to be tried on and worn a bit to see if they will work. And handbags also pretty personal. My dh bought be a beautiful pocketbook while we were dating and I remember not loving it at the time but I grew into it so it worked out. However in general I would caution against such gifts unless you know her and her tastes really really well. Perhaps a gift certificate to a store you know she loves and shops at frequently? That might be the better choice. Good luck!

Timm

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the suggestion. A gift certificate sounds like the perfect thing to get for her. Now that I think about it, she would love to go and look around and choose something for herself.

Julia4

Rough_Rock
I think a bag is maybe better option, unless you are completely sure about the shoes she wants.

Landen

Rough_Rock
I think shoes is not the best choice for the special present (you can go to buy shoes (bag) together, but not like a present). It is better to buy some jewelry or good book.

Benjamin Johnson

Rough_Rock
Handbags are an excellent idea but you need to be aware of latest handbag styles in trend. You don't wanna buy a bug have her telling you that its from last season:P2 Do your study, ask your sister or some female friend to help you. All The Best

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think shoes is not the best choice for the special present (you can go to buy shoes (bag) together, but not like a present). It is better to buy some jewelry or good book.

2nd the good book idea. It shows that you know your girlfriend's taste in reading material. Or you could do what I did: Get her a Kindle Paperwhite so you can share a library. :)

I also think handbags and shoes are a bad idea, unless she has specifically pointed out a particular handbag or pair of shoes and dropped a strong hint that she wants them. Those items are highly personal, and you wouldn't want her to feel obligated to use them, even if she secretly hated them, because they were a gift from you.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have very strong personal tastes and would advise anyone who does not know me well to buy me clothes, undies, accessories, and perfumes.
I would advise the same, especially with accessories as some would not be seen dead carrying last year's must-have!

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results