shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think this will probably fit best here, since it goes hand in hand with shopping. Share what you have, what you are trying, what you plan to get, which you love the most, what notes you love, anything and everything perfume.

I''m trying out En Avion today and so far I love it.

I''ll be gone for the weekend after today but Prepare yourselves for an onslaught when I get back!
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kewl thread DF!

Lets see.....

At the moment my 2 holy grails are Tabac Blond ( always) and Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi. I have a good stash of this one, 5 100ml bottles...hehe....Also Habanita by Molinard is a staple.

Recent purchases

Louve Serge Lutens
Douce Amere Serge Lutens
Chamade Guerlain
Mitsouko Guerlain
Diorella Christian Dior.

I don't have any on my radar at the moment but shall wait until the mood strikes.... Another bottle of Vol de Nuit parfum will be purchased in the next couple of months when I get low with my existing bottle.

My favourite notes are

powder, all types
almond/ heliotrope
leather
tobacco

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
My main staples for the moment are Tabac Blond, Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia, and am nursing samples of Chanel 22, Isabey Gardenia, and Chanel Beige.

I also like Versace Sig. on occasion.

I have bottles (and a few of these I am ashamed of) of:
Tabac Blond
EL Tuberose Gardenia
Chanel Chance (fantastic in spring and fall weather, but horridly over ripe fruit smell in Florida summer heat)
Tommy Girl (I know I know
20.gif
)
Cowgirl chic (way way sweet scent, but fun when I feel girly. It''s got a pretty pink bottle too
Bath and Body Works Gardenia EDT
Victoria Secret Angels (tiny little bottle)

What I''m shopping for in the near future -

Probably a mini of Thierry Mugler Alien since I''d only wear it out on romantic nights
Chanel 22
Chanel beige
Caron Aimez MoiCaron Acaciosa
Isabey Gardenia
A decant of Chanel Gardenia
a bottle of Versace Sig. But this will be longer term since I have 5 small sample bottles.
Small bottle of Light Blue (like it, but doesn''t work in coastal air which I spend a lot of time in)

I''m in a verrry early testing stage, so I am still discovering which notes I like the most. So far I really enjoy white flowers, tuberose, gardenia, iris, Jasmin, orange blossoms. I like powders, incense and amber notes as well. and thanks to TB I love tobacco and leather. Also Vanilla
16.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will try to list some of mine.

Caron
Tabac Blond parfum Tabac Blond EDP
Nuit de Noel parfum and EDT

Molinard
Habanita EDT and parfum

Yves St Laurent
Rive Gauche
Opium EDT

Chanel

Allure EDT
Chanel No 5 parfum, EDT, EDP and Elixir
Chanel No 22 edt and parfum
Chanel No 19 EDT and EDP
Chanel Coco EDT
Cristalle EDT

Guerlain

Shalimar EDT, EDP and parfum
Vol de Nuit parfum and EDT
Samsara EDT
Chamade EDP
Mitsouko EDP
Jardins de Bagatelle EDP
L''Heure Bleue
Jicky

Serge Lutens

Louve
Douce Amere

Lorenzo Villoresi

Teint de Neige

Frederic Malle

Lipstick Rose
Musc Ravageur

Jivago

Jivago 24k

Christian Dior

Miss Dior
Diorella
Diorissimo

Thierry Mugler

Angel

Hermes

24 Faubourge EDP
Caleche ( original)
Kelly Caleche

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - you are a Guerlain fan hehe.

I imagine I''ll end up with most of Caron, I''ve liked every single one I''ve put on save Fleurs de Rocaille.

En Avion review for today, Started lovely, stronger with powder and jasmine and orange type smells with floral. Around mid morning it settled to a very faint light floral which I thought it was fading, but come afternoon I''m getting floral, some hints of a woody smell but the wood is distant for me.

I got a large sample of this and it is very full so I can test it over the next week or so.

I have a really really long list of scents to try and am having the worst time trying to start. I''m thinking of just working my way down and when I get there I get there. I hope to order two or three before I leave for the weekend.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i''m on the Lacome Attraction perfume right now, I used to love tresor then honi mori (can''t remember how to spell) I''ll have to sniff around some more, I used to interchange, but my scent for perfume got really particular during and after my pregnancy and a lot of perfume just was too strong for me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 6:12:00 PM
Author: D&T
i''m on the Lacome Attraction perfume right now, I used to love tresor then honi mori (can''t remember how to spell) I''ll have to sniff around some more, I used to interchange, but my scent for perfume got really particular during and after my pregnancy and a lot of perfume just was too strong for me.
Lancome do some lovely fragrances, one of my faves was O de Lancome but as it was laden with oakmoss which is now restricted, it doesn''t smell the same to me.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/2/2009 5:59:35 PM
Author: dragonfly411
Lorelei - you are a Guerlain fan hehe.

I imagine I'll end up with most of Caron, I've liked every single one I've put on save Fleurs de Rocaille.

En Avion review for today, Started lovely, stronger with powder and jasmine and orange type smells with floral. Around mid morning it settled to a very faint light floral which I thought it was fading, but come afternoon I'm getting floral, some hints of a woody smell but the wood is distant for me.

I got a large sample of this and it is very full so I can test it over the next week or so.

I have a really really long list of scents to try and am having the worst time trying to start. I'm thinking of just working my way down and when I get there I get there. I hope to order two or three before I leave for the weekend.
I do like Guerlain but I should say I can't actually wear L'Heure Bleue and Jicky as they smell terrible on me. I can do the rest, JdB probably works well for me.

I forgot to mention 2 more,

Bandit EDP ( can't stand it)
Lauren by Ralph Lauren

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 7:07:44 AM
Author: Lorelei

Lancome do some lovely fragrances, one of my faves was O de Lancome but as it was laden with oakmoss which is now restricted, it doesn''t smell the same to me.
ooh-I''ll have to sniff that one day. why did they restrict oakmoss? how could lancome still call it the same perfume if it has been slightly changed.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I believe in having a signature scent. For years I've worn La Chasse Aux Papillons by L'artisan. I need something a little stronger though, after sampling a million different scents I haven't been able to find one I love as much.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh I love perfume! Here is a few of my favorites at the moment. Dolce & Gabbana- The One, Escada magnetism (love the plumberry note), Blvgari-Au the Blanc, Prada Ambre and Moments by Johan B.

There are others that I have loved but have discovered that Proctor and Gamble has the formulations and they seem so "watered down" for the expense of them. One of them that comes to mind is Inspirations by Lacoste. Lovely scent...but I tear through the bottle as it has no staying power.

Also a little tidbit of info.... Fragrances by Johan B are made in Paris and replicate some of my favorites at a much cheaper price and have great staying power.

I mentioned "Moments"... which smells like Chanel Chance. Beaute D Orient replicates Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, and Mervielles (sp) replicates Hermes eu de Merveills. Just lovely and they are not the el cheapo generics like you would get from a drug store.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m to the point where I find Escada really really too sweet for me. Their newest is filled with raspberries which I didn''t enjoy
7.gif
The others all sound fun though!

I''m trying out Lady Caron today and really quite like it. It''s a light fruity kind of floral, jasmin and peach really stand out for me with it.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 11:55:12 AM

Date: 7/3/2009 7:07:44 AM

i'm on the Lacome Attraction perfume right now, I used to love tresor then honi mori (can't remember how to spell) I'll have to sniff around some more, I used to interchange, but my scent for perfume got really particular during and after my pregnancy and a lot of perfume just was too strong for me.
Lancome do some lovely fragrances, one of my faves was O de Lancome but as it was laden with oakmoss which is now restricted, it doesn't smell the same to me.
ooh-I'll have to sniff that one day. why did they restrict oakmoss? how could lancome still call it the same perfume if it has been slightly changed.
Oh it sux as strm would say D....Basically what is going on, some of the powers that be have restricted substances such as oakmoss amongst others which they deem to be dangerous when used in perfume. With the result that only piddling amounts of things like oakmoss can now be used, the perfume houses are having their hands tied more and more with the ever lengthening list that they can't use this, can't use that - with the result that many classic perfumes are dying a horrible death in my opinion.....
29.gif
Many of the great perfumes have a large amount of oakmoss in and and are not the same due to this forced reformulation, the perfumers are trying to find synthetic substitutes but without success in my book. To me the difference is this....Imagine a wonderful experience where you were having a perfect day, tasting food, feeling sun on your back, enjoying the sounds and smells around you, this is the original perfume - the reformulated versions to me are a black and white photograph of that....

I can't see why they can't just let the perfume houses put warning labels on the bottles then let the consumer make up their own mind.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2009 10:01:08 PM
Author: makemepretty
I believe in having a signature scent. For years I''ve worn La Chasse Aux Papillons by L''artisan. I need something a little stronger though, after sampling a million different scents I haven''t been able to find one I love as much.
I wish I could have a signature scent but I am too much of a fragrance floozie to ever have one I think!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 11:06:11 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Ooh I love perfume! Here is a few of my favorites at the moment. Dolce & Gabbana- The One, Escada magnetism (love the plumberry note), Blvgari-Au the Blanc, Prada Ambre and Moments by Johan B.

There are others that I have loved but have discovered that Proctor and Gamble has the formulations and they seem so ''watered down'' for the expense of them. One of them that comes to mind is Inspirations by Lacoste. Lovely scent...but I tear through the bottle as it has no staying power. And another of the old classics are now made by P&G....Joy....Not the same.

Also a little tidbit of info.... Fragrances by Johan B are made in Paris and replicate some of my favorites at a much cheaper price and have great staying power.

I mentioned ''Moments''... which smells like Chanel Chance. Beaute D Orient replicates Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, and Mervielles (sp) replicates Hermes eu de Merveills. Just lovely and they are not the el cheapo generics like you would get from a drug store. Eau de Merveilles is a lovely fragrance.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - I think you have a group of signatures, as listed above :)

I think TB will be one of my main signature scents, but I''m going to end up like Lorelei I''m pretty sure.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 1:47:15 PM
Lorelei - I think you have a group of signatures, as listed above :)

I think TB will be one of my main signature scents, but I''m going to end up like Lorelei I''m pretty sure.
Its a slippery slope...hehehe.....
27.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
My go-to scent is, and has been for the last year, Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. EL perfumes on the whole usually leave me smelling a little ''old lady-ish''. But not this one. MEN compliment me every day. Strange men I''ve never met before, who will stop me and tell me how wonderful I smell. And the hubby adores me in it.

Now, how could I find anything to top that??
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 2:02:55 PM
Author: HollyS
My go-to scent is, and has been for the last year, Pure White Linen by Estee Lauder. EL perfumes on the whole usually leave me smelling a little ''old lady-ish''. But not this one. MEN compliment me every day. Strange men I''ve never met before, who will stop me and tell me how wonderful I smell. And the hubby adores me in it.

2.gif
You know Miss Holly, I have only had a quick whiff of that one and quite liked it. The original WL was worn by someone I knew and she had terrible breath
emotion-41.gif
, so I always associated the perfume with her rancid mouth odour. But I shall try the PWL as you like it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 2:08:32 PM

2.gif
You know Miss Holly, I have only had a quick whiff of that one and quite liked it. The original WL was worn by someone I knew and she had terrible breath
emotion-41.gif
, so I always associated the perfume with her rancid mouth odour. But I shall try the PWL as you like it!

That is too funny! I can see where a scent that you may love may sour because of it''s association with someone!! ROTF!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - it is indeed. I have more samples on their way.

Lady Caron is turning out quite nice. It is a softer floral wear, and I''m just starting to get some of the sandalwood smells. I might end up liking woody scents. I think Lady Caron might be a bit less expensive as well
27.gif

I like Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia, so I wonder if I''d like Pure White Linen
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 2:15:24 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

Date: 7/6/2009 2:08:32 PM

2.gif
emotion-41.gif

That is too funny! I can see where a scent that you may love may sour because of it''s association with someone!! ROTF!
face20.gif
It was BAD!!!!

Also if I hear of a perfume being worn by a sleazy celeb, that puts me off very quickly too!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/6/2009 2:23:49 PM
Lorelei - it is indeed. I have more samples on their way.

Lady Caron is turning out quite nice. It is a softer floral wear, and I''m just starting to get some of the sandalwood smells. I might end up liking woody scents. I think Lady Caron might be a bit less expensive as well
27.gif

I like Estee Lauder Tuberose Gardenia, so I wonder if I''d like Pure White Linen
34.gif
You know I think I had a sample of that one and to me it was meh...I take it you are in 2 minds on this one?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
So far I rather like it. It is light, but it''s pleasant.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lorelei for the information- Definitely agree with the warning labels on them, so us comsumer have the right to choose.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
mmmm and now this lovely and slightly stronger come back. yes... must own.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I am wearing a sample of Caron French Can Can today and I am in LOVE. It''s ranking up there with TB for me. OMG it is divine
30.gif
30.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh im feeling so left out - ive never tried a Caron perfume! where can i find them, i live in the Canadian Rockies...

My old faves are: Jardin de Bagatelles, Guerlain
Gem, Van Cleef & Arples (apt for pricescope i should say!!)
Chanel No 5, Chanel

My more current faves are: Fiori di Capri, Carthusia
Artemisia, Penhaligon
Prada, Prada

And id like to get a little bit o'': Stella, Stella McCartney

and mmmm what else?? so many others.

Oh since i moved to Canada i bought Pure Poison, Dior. Its shocking quality. But all my nice perfumes are back in oz and i have nothing else except perfume oils from the middle east - and they dont last on the skin
38.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
blackpaw - I get my samples from The perfumed court but I''m not sure if they send to Canada. I''d send you Fleurs de Rocaille but I''m afraid I couldn''t give it the best rec
15.gif
It didn''t last on my skin for long at all.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 11:35:44 PM
Author: Blackpaw
Oh im feeling so left out - ive never tried a Caron perfume! where can i find them, i live in the Canadian Rockies...

My old faves are: Jardin de Bagatelles, Guerlain
Gem, Van Cleef & Arples (apt for pricescope i should say!!)
Chanel No 5, Chanel

My more current faves are: Fiori di Capri, Carthusia
Artemisia, Penhaligon
Prada, Prada

And id like to get a little bit o': Stella, Stella McCartney

and mmmm what else?? so many others.

Oh since i moved to Canada i bought Pure Poison, Dior. Its shocking quality. But all my nice perfumes are back in oz and i have nothing else except perfume oils from the middle east - and they dont last on the skin
38.gif

Blackpaw, I think Caron didn't use to be able to ship to Canada directly but I think there is Caron available in Canada from selected stores.

If you email the lovely Diane Haska at Caron in NYC, she might be able to tell you where you can purchase, here is contact page for Caron.

http://www.parfumscaron.com/

Also the Perfumed Court sell decants and they might ship. www.theperfumedcourt.com

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results