shape
carat
color
clarity

Perfume...

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
A couple others worth trying are Pure DKNY and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Vanilla is so perfect for fall and winter, isn't it?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KittyGolightly|1289896275|2767954 said:
A couple others worth trying are Pure DKNY and Jean Paul Gaultier Classique. Vanilla is so perfect for fall and winter, isn't it?

Thank you Kitty.
I agree- Vanilla is perfect for autumn and winter!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have ordered some (vanilla based) perfume samples from Lucky Scent and the Perfumed Court and am very excited to experience these perfumes.
I have ordered Tihota by Indult and Note Vanillee Art Collection by M. Micalle and Guerlain Spiriteuse Double Vanille, L'Artisan Vanilia, Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmand, Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille and Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I will keep you guys posted.

Happy and healthy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate this holiday.

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Thsi spring, when I was on a cruise that visited the south of France, I bought a mini-sample of 5 French perfumes. I was not sure which one would smell the best on me after I wore them all day, so i figured this was a good option.

I love the original Fragonard scent and Eau Fantasque the best. It is just lovely. I am not sure that they sell them in retail shops stateside, but they do have a websitehttp://www.fragnoard.com.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My lastest desire/acquisition: Hermes Voyage. Spicy goodness!

cheers--Sharon

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re:

canuk-gal|1273603296|2571280 said:
HI:

These will be my next on my list--hope to see them in the US this summer....read they have a high concentration of essential oils....

http://www.ateliercologne.com/

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I know it's been quite a while since you posted this, but I just came across it and wanted to tell you:

I ordered something from Neiman Marcus awhile back, and one of the free samples that came with my order was "Orange Sanguine" by Atelier Colognes. IT. IS. LOVELY!!! :love: :lickout: :appl:

Their little story about it says: "It was the kind of moment you would want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air."

I know it sounds cheesy, but it smells EXACTLY like that! It's very in-your-face orangey to start with (which I really like), but it dries down nicely and becomes much more mellow over time. And it really sticks around . . . none of that mid-afternoon fade! Just wonderful stuff, and I'd love to try the other scents they offer. You should definitely get some and report back here! :bigsmile:

ETA: Also, I don't know if any of you ladies have tried "Flora" by Gucci, but I'm loving that lately too! :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there ladies. As a vanilla lover I just wanted to come back and share some of my experiences with high end vanilla perfumes.
I loved the sample of Tihota by Indult so much I ordered a bottle (ouch as it is not cheap but worth it IMO) and am loving it. Very soft and sweet but not too sweet with the perfect touch of musk. All in all a sensuous and yummy perfume.

I also ordered a bottle of Farmacia SS. Annunziata's Vaniglia del Madagascar. A mouthful but a delicious and fresh vanilla with a lemony top note. Really nice and my dh loves this one.

I also received a bottle of Laura Mercier Vanille Gourmand. Very nice but not too long lasting but cheap enough to reapply as necessary.

I am getting more samples and looking forward to trying them all though I hope not to be buying more bottles of perfume as this is getting to be an expensive hobby LOL. Not as expensive as my diamond hobby but it still adds up for sure.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Re:

Irishgrrrl|1292631384|2799960 said:
HI:

These will be my next on my list--hope to see them in the US this summer....read they have a high concentration of essential oils....

cheers--Sharon

Sharon, I know it's been quite a while since you posted this, but I just came across it and wanted to tell you:

I ordered something from Neiman Marcus awhile back, and one of the free samples that came with my order was "Orange Sanguine" by Atelier Colognes. IT. IS. LOVELY!!! :love: :lickout: :appl:

Their little story about it says: "It was the kind of moment you would want to revisit. Everyone was here, gathered on the terrace for breakfast, and the scent of fresh oranges was diffusing in the yellow heat. A symphony of their laughter and waves hitting the cliffs played in the air."

I know it sounds cheesy, but it smells EXACTLY like that! It's very in-your-face orangey to start with (which I really like), but it dries down nicely and becomes much more mellow over time. And it really sticks around . . . none of that mid-afternoon fade! Just wonderful stuff, and I'd love to try the other scents they offer. You should definitely get some and report back here! :bigsmile:

ETA: Also, I don't know if any of you ladies have tried "Flora" by Gucci, but I'm loving that lately too! :cheeky:

HI:

Total score IG! Sounds yummy? Thanks for posting--I must admit, perfume was the last thing I bought while in the States this year.....but the New Year is upon us..... :D

Merry Christmas!

cheers--Sharon

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Re:

canuk-gal|1292801492|2801259 said:
Irishgrrrl|1292631384|2799960 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

Total score IG! Sounds yummy? Thanks for posting--I must admit, perfume was the last thing I bought while in the States this year.....but the New Year is upon us..... :D

Merry Christmas!

cheers--Sharon

Yes, VERY yummy! I'm sorely tempted to buy a bottle! :Up_to_something:

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Re:

dragonfly411|1274004549|2577852 said:
Alright Miss Lorelei. We are on a witch hunt. Last night I went to a wedding, and the venue had this adorable bathroom with a bottle of perfume by the sink. I don''t remember the brand name. It was a square bottle... very pretty cursive lettering. I remember that the name was something along the lines of Eau du Champagne or Eau de Champagne. It was not Sisley... the brand was a longer name than that. Nor was it Caron. The start was .... like a fruity champagne? Like oranges.... but then... I was riding in the car with my mom driving on the way home... and I got this strong whiff of coffee beans. Then she did. It was so strong and so REAL that I searched the entire car for the lost bag of my grandmother''s coffee (at least that''s what I assumed it HAD to be... even though we didn''t smell it on the way there). I then had my mother sniff me and lo and behold it was the perfume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COFFEE BEANS.... it smelled more real than real. NOW I have to have it. A) it lulled me half way to sleep which is good for me at night b) it made me think of tiramisu for some reason... even though it smelled 100% of coffee.

Away I go to hunt it down. Hope you have luck b/c I wants it!
12.gif

Eesh dragonfly, I know you posted this ages ago but this wouldn't have been YSL Champagne (renamed to YSL Yvresse now)? I'm on the hunt for a new perfume and I came across a description of this and the bottle and it's opening note of nectarine reminded me of your post.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Honey - Thank you very much for sending that over! Unfortunately that isn't it :(( . I've rather succumbed to the idea that I might not find it again.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1294351329|2816060 said:
Honey - Thank you very much for sending that over! Unfortunately that isn't it :(( . I've rather succumbed to the idea that I might not find it again.

Double and triple blast....Still can't find it??? I am scratching my head as to what it could be.... :|

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei decided she deserved a li'l after Christmas gift so she has a bottle of Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain on its way to her....

hehehe....* gloat* :naughty:

Gourmand Coquin is one of Les Elixirs Charnels which is an exclusive Guerlain boutique fragrances. I received my sample this morning and immediately fell in love, so I stumped up for this very expensive scent :errrr: . Gourmand Coquin smells of chocolate, vanilla with a hint of rose lurking somewhere, it is extremely soft, feminine and cuddlesome! Longevity isn't bad either, can still smell it reasonably well 4 hours after application.

Anyone else have any new sniffs or scent passions? :razz:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei - Nope I haven't found it :( I'm still hunting.

I'm working up a little list of must haves for myself. I'll be receiving Faith Hill's Truth for V-day and am wanting a bottle of Alien. I'm also starting up the Versace fund b/c I"m more than halfway through the bottle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1294674933|2818850 said:
Lorelei decided she deserved a li'l after Christmas gift so she has a bottle of Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain on its way to her....

Gourmand Coquin is one of Les Elixirs Charnels which is an exclusive Guerlain boutique fragrances. I received my sample this morning and immediately fell in love, so I stumped up for this very expensive scent :errrr: . Gourmand Coquin smells of chocolate, vanilla with a hint of rose lurking somewhere, it is extremely soft, feminine and cuddlesome! Longevity isn't bad either, can still smell it reasonably well 4 hours after application.

That sounds delicious Lorelei! I love gourmand scents...thanks for the recommendation.
Also on my list to try is Guerlain Tonka Imperiale-
http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/fashion/2010/01/guerlains-new-star-fragrance-tonka-imp%C3%A9rial.html#more

Guerlain's New Star Fragrance: Tonka Impérial

Guerlain TONKA IMPERIALE The ongoing love affair between a single note and a perfumer continues with the seventh fragrance in the coveted L’Art et la Matière line: Thierry Wasser's Tonka Impériale.

A woody oriental, it is composed around the tonka bean. Said to originate in the Northern area of South America, including the forests of Venezuela, the tonka bean - with its almond, cinnamon, clove & creamy sweetness - is historically one of Guerlain's star ingredients, and particularly dear to the House. From Jicky to Shalimar to Habit Rouge, it is one of the key components of the “Guerlinade", the mysterious signature accord whose exact composition is known only to the Company and has been a Guerlain legacy since the 19th century.

Tonka Impériale is well-named indeed: a royal blend of rich scents, with nuances of honey, gingerbread, almond, hay and tobacco.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1294685534|2819000 said:

That sounds delicious Lorelei! I love gourmand scents...thanks for the recommendation.
Also on my list to try is Guerlain Tonka Imperiale-
http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/fashion/2010/01/guerlains-new-star-fragrance-tonka-imp%C3%A9rial.html#more

Guerlain's New Star Fragrance: Tonka Impérial

Guerlain TONKA IMPERIALE The ongoing love affair between a single note and a perfumer continues with the seventh fragrance in the coveted L’Art et la Matière line: Thierry Wasser's Tonka Impériale.

A woody oriental, it is composed around the tonka bean. Said to originate in the Northern area of South America, including the forests of Venezuela, the tonka bean - with its almond, cinnamon, clove & creamy sweetness - is historically one of Guerlain's star ingredients, and particularly dear to the House. From Jicky to Shalimar to Habit Rouge, it is one of the key components of the “Guerlinade", the mysterious signature accord whose exact composition is known only to the Company and has been a Guerlain legacy since the 19th century.

Tonka Impériale is well-named indeed: a royal blend of rich scents, with nuances of honey, gingerbread, almond, hay and tobacco.

* Groan* that one is now on my list too Missy, it sounds incredible!!! :love: It had me at gingerbread and tobacco....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dragonfly411|1294675741|2818858 said:
Lorelei - Nope I haven't found it :( I'm still hunting.

I'm working up a little list of must haves for myself. I'll be receiving Faith Hill's Truth for V-day and am wanting a bottle of Alien. I'm also starting up the Versace fund b/c I"m more than halfway through the bottle.

I really wish we could nail that scent, I have to be honest, it is driving me nuts!!! :twisted:

Did you have Alien or was it a decant? I seem to remember you liking that one? Have you tried Thierry Mugler's new Womanity? I didn't like it but I am curious as to other opinions on it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Well, there went the Versace funds I had built up lol. Victoria Secret has their new Velvet scent 75% off. I HAD to have a bottle. HAD to. It smells pretty darn good! It's got a bit of staying power too.

Lorelei - It will probably forever drive me batty. I had a sample of Alien, which I have a trickle of left that I randomly take out and inhale deeply. I haven't tried the new scent yet, but I'll give it a whiff this week and let you know what I think!

Another I smelled last night and really love, and will have to get when I have money again, is the Victoria Secret Sexy Little Things Noir Tease. It smells sooooooooooooo good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yessss...MIss L is back!

I am loving my new Hermes Voyage..altho it doesn't have great staying power. In addition I "plan" on buying/seeking out Atilier Cologne and I am interested in the new Frederic Malle "Portrait of a Lady"..."nose" behind my old fav Carnal Flower. Rose , cassis, clove and sandlewood...apparently. Will check it out when in Vegas!

cheers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Draggy, let me know what you think of Alien. I quite like Love Rocks by Victorias Secret, I am partial to vanillas and this one is quite good.

Sharon, try Ambre Narguile next time you are in Hermes, this stuff is incredible. It smells like apple pie with cinnamon and icecream, then it dries down into an apple tobacco, it's marvellous and as smooth as a sip of the best single malt whiskey. I haven't tried Voyage yet but it is now on my list.

Another fave of mine is Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. It is very rich and dense, smells like coco and dried fruit compote on me. Hubby really likes this one.

Today I am wearing Dune by Christian Dior, an oldie but a goodie. It will soon be time to break out the spring favourites, Diorella, Diorissimo, Eau de Merveilles, Chanel No 22, but I don't always wear a scent because of the season, I find heavier scents can work well in warmer weather.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Will do.

Tom Ford always has lovely products....

chers--Sharon

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1295205452|2824324 said:
HI:

Will do.

Tom Ford always has lovely products....

chers--Sharon

I hope you like Ambre Narguile!

I am wearing Musc Ravageur by Frederic Malle today. I read an excellent review on this scent a while back which said if the beautiful actress Charlotte Rampling was wearing a scent in the movie Nightporter, Musc Ravageur would be it.

MR is unusual, it smells a little like aftershave... it is a very unisex scent. If you want a classy and elegant fragrance, this isn't it, but if you fancy something unique which is spicy and vintage in feel, MR is a good choice. It is a little like a light version of Opium, that is the closest well known scent I can think of which has a similar feel.

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
Oooo Perfume thread!! :love:

Current day scent: Chloe Chloe
Current evening scent: Dolce & Gabbana The One

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CushionCutie|1296070182|2833810 said:
Oooo Perfume thread!! :love:

Current day scent: Chloe Chloe
Current evening scent: Dolce & Gabbana The One

Hi CC, glad you have joined us! :wavey:

So you stick to two, one for day and one for night? I wish I could do that, just find a couple and stick to them but I am so promiscuous with scents, I can never do it! ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh dam....Aqua Fiorentina by Creed. My latest love.....and apparently my Dh's........he says in that voice, "it smells awfulllllllyyyyyy good in here"..... :naughty:

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Got the "gift" set of Atelier Cologne (while in Vegas) at Neiman's. Gorgeous fragrances--still discovering them all, but enjoying them. The Orange Sanguine is really sublime.

cheers--Sharon

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I received Faith Hill's True perfume for Valentine's day and am in love with it. It actually lasts really well on me which is surprising! SO love the way it smells too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the perfumes I have:

Prada by Prada which I think is super duper strong on me. :errrr: on dry down its more woodsy than I would like. I spray once and walk through it. Not a fav of mine. Won't buy it again either

Chanel Mlle: My husband LUVS it. one or 2 sprays will last forever on me (I'm talking days here) I don't wear it too often. Only wear the lotion in the summer as it can be strong, but will wear lotion and perfume in the winter.

Gucci II (pink) love this one. can smell it but isn't overpowering and I'm not smelling it the next day either. Has been a fav for years I had gucci by gucci and gave it to my sister because it smelled like coca-cola syrup on me.

Gucci Rush. Wore it for many years, not so much these days. it used to be my go to summer scent. Will be the last bottle.

Max Mara by Max Mara. Bought it at TJMaxx. I wear it year round. Hard to find out anywhere so I hoard bottles.

Shi. This is a rarely worn one as its really kinda out there strong on me. Not sure why either.

Bath & Bodyworks

I love the classics, I buy usually on sale:

night blooming jasmine
juniper breeze
lemongrass and herb (especially for the gym)

I havent thought about getting anything new for a while.... (and I probably shouldn't but this thread gave me some great ideas :saint: )

-A

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I am absolutely IN LOVE with Love, Chloe. It is very floral, but not powdery or grandmotherly AT ALL. Lillies, freesia, a hint of rose and lilac with some warmer notes. I adore it. My new favorite.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I love Amazing Grace by Philosophy...it smells so "clean"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results