shape
carat
color
clarity

Oh tacori...look what I''m getting tomorrow...u likie?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I thought you''d like it...maybe you won''t lol....I saw it and love it for an ottoman next to my tufted leather coffee table that''s on casters....I saw one I LOVED at Williams Sonoma and it was like $1300 LOL...please..this is under $250..the top is that cleanable suede....

They are holding it for me at Restoration Hardware until tomorrow when I get let out of my cage...I should be shot dead for even thinking about spending a dime...

ottoman.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
it's going to the right of the picture to replace this horrifical old thing that is a real eye sore! i'm excited! and feeling very, very naughty and sneaky! Meanwhile, I'm falling apart and look like a homeless person...AND I think while I sat in the ER with husband the other morning regarding my toe, I'm pretty sure a woman with a baby wished me good luck...which leads me to believe that she thought I was pregnant I guess ..O.M.G. LOL

Here is what it's replacing....

And yeah, yeah, the lamp sucks and the fireplace surround is 1980s gold...give me time my pet LOL

spot.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
And while I'm at it, is this mirror too small and girly? I got it at Home Goods...it has all these shiny round shells/mother of pearl looking circles...so pretty...maybe not for there though....Yes, yes, no drapes yet either LOL...I was experimenting with those shiny ones in the pic, but I think I don't want shiny..kills me bc they were $40 a SET for 94 inchers at HG too...and I needed 8 of them...

PICT0533.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG. I need a job and to get out of this house!!!!!!!!!!!!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I could really sit here all day and post and talk to myself. I really really need to find a job LOL.

drapes.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2008 1:02:03 PM
Author: moremoremore
OMG. I need a job and to get out of this house!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahaha!!! What are you planning to do? Any ideas yet? I can relate to you in *my* rather unstable sort of manner. lol My kids started school at the beginning of the year and I though, "oh, I'll be a SAHM while my kids are in school," but I'm going nuts! I've signed up to do tons of volunteering at the school so I'll be out of the house, but not "working." DH seems worried about this whole plan of being a SAHM/who really isn't doing anything but playing on the computer! AHHHH.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL MC, yeah, YOU"RE the crazy one..I just created my own thread and am talking to myself posting LOL...

I don''t really want to work...kind of have to if I want to keep living how I''m living bc of studen loans....There isn''t much here and especially in this economy....

As for you, you''re not nuts...you''re not used to having all this free time...it''s totally normal..I think...I wouldn''t know since I sit here all day by myself on PS, Gardenweb, PS and the job site LOL...Oh yeah, watching Monk re-runs.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heeeellllloooooooooo!

I don't like it...I LOVE it!!! Oh, I am *so* jealous! It will look awesome and what a deal! I love your style...but...don't kill me. Not sure I am into the mirror. I just think you could do better. As for drapes I HATE how expensive they are (why I have none in my house either!) And WHERE did you get that delicious circle pillow?
30.gif
I love it! BTW I just helped my ILs spend $17,000 at Bassetts. They are moving here and coming with nothing (selling their old stuff). Have you been there? I am really loving those chairs with the wooden backs and accents and they have one with circle cutouts. I'll see if it is on their website b/c it is to die for!

Also did you see our boy was a judge on "Top Design" (Bravo)? He is so funny.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, are you going to paint the brick or put tile/stone over it? That is a weekend project
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay here it is. I saw it in a different fabric (which I like better than the one showed online). What I would do for this chair.

185302S.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe that lady said good luck b/c you were in the ER. How is your toe? If it makes you feel better whenever I am walking by a store window I think who is that fat girl and realize it is me
2.gif
3.gif
I am just WAITING for someone to ask me when I am due. Haha. I hope you decide to grace us with your presence at the not yet planned CLT GTG. We''ll have fun
27.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is what I am drooling over and first on my wish list. I would put it in my kitchen with all of my white serving pieces/vases with some pewter ones thrown in. Probably put my cookbooks in it. I love it! We have a perfect nook in our kitchen but I haven''t measured to make sure it would fit. Don''t want to get my hopes up if it does! Not sure I would be able to convince hubby.

5-4090-0832.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
*Butting in*...OMG, you guys are hysterical!!!! Im totally cracking up over here!!!!

MMM....I LOVE your new home and your style...So awesome...Seriously, everything you've done there just looks great!!!!

Tacori- I really like that cabinet you posted. I say get it!!!!!
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dani, I just have to convince DH that we need a $1,000 piece of furniture (plus tax) that we don''t *really* need
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
drool.....awesome stuff Tac....love a bookcase like that in the kitchen....Show hubby one that is more expensive that you don''t want...and then be like...well, I guess this one would do so that I can save money LOL....

thanks Dani! I''m getting there....Today I''m having a second contractor to come over and let me know if my 2nd floor is becoming my 1st floor in a few spots LOL...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, the doors slide which I think is really cool and the glass is bezeled. It is actually 3 separate pieces that stack. We want to redo our kitchen in the next 5 years or so and plan to fill the nook in with cabs so I figured this would look awesome in our office when that happens. I have a really small, black, glass cab from C&B with some of my white serving pieces/bowls in it and I *LOVE* the look. I figure this would be that x 100.
18.gif
I figure I better wait until *after* I get my three new lights before I ask for anything else. Hopefully that will be sometime this month.

Are you excited to actually LEAVE your house today?

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that sounds fabulous! Get your lights first though...I agree...those are more "important"..we have to pace ourselves :)

I WAS excited to get out today, but then was freakin out bc of the gas shortage...It's really CRAZY....I haven't checked in hours to see if there have been any deliveries...

I didn't get the ottoman..it was really nice, but was really low and not the right shape or color..I wasn't worth feeling guilty about :)

I did go get a new chain so I can wear my solitaire pendant again since the chain broke like 6 months ago LOL...and to get a new appraisal for my e-ring since it's uninsured now...that's a disaster waiting to happen for sure...

So, it was a bust, but felt good to not spend!

Oh, as for the pillow...thanks..I'm kinda obsessed with it. I never want to sit on it or touch it LOL....It was really expensive from a high end store...
OK, seriously, it was $12.99 from Home Goods LOL...But I'm still obessesedThey only had one...I even called the manufacturer of the pillow and fabric to try to find another and they were useless...I go back every week to see if its parnter will be there...One will have to do! Thanks for noticing it :)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi girls! Oooh, decorating thread! Love it!!
35.gif

moremore, I love your house! It looks so airy and spacious. Basically it looks like it'll carry ANYTHING you do with it, so that's a blessing.
It seems you like browns/neutrals and silver metallics? Is that right?

I love Tacori's idea of putting stone or tile over the brickwork, that would be very interesting, and would warm the place up a bit as well. IMO stone would be nice for texture, but I love stone. If you wanted to, you could take the opportunity to remove the gold surround at that time, as it undoubtedly clashes with your 'cooler metals' aesthetic.

Personally, I don't mind the gold, but my own preferred colours tend toward browns / neutrals, with gold and brass metallics.

I think (personally) from looking at your colour preferences that it would be good to carefully select a couple of 'warming' influences for the room, through texture and restrained accent colour...perhaps orange, yellows or red?

Or possibly instead, you might way prefer blues. If choosing blues, I would be careful to go for some slightly 'warmer' versions of the neutral beiges, creams and browns that you seem to like. ie, some pinker, rather than greyer, versions of those colours, just to keep life in this lovely room...
If you have blue as a major accent, you might find you wish to have a another one or two secondary colour themes in the room, such as yellow for example... or maybe not...

Perhaps a metallic wallpaper or a muted pattern in a single colour, (if that is still fashionable in your parts, that is!) might be nice on a side wall / as a feature wall... I probably wouldn't put in a painted feature wall, but that is just me.
I would consider a carefully chosen rug on the floor.

I love the mirror, but - IMO - think it would probably go better in a more intimate space, for example in a corner of the room, near a comfy single chair. However, we can't see the full room here!
2.gif
The mother of pearl idea is totally gorgeous, you might find it a good excuse to collect similar pieces into the future... hmm, do you live by the sea?
2.gif

Curtains... very important. I personally do like the expensive, heavy looking ones.
40.gif
I currently live in a quite humble little house, with few curtains, but the ones I *do* have I saved up for, for years. They are heavy, thick lined, private, self-embossed... and close all the way across on brass tracks! Wonderful for winter! I'm thinking of taking them to my new house!!!!!! So I say, when it comes to curtains, don't compromise. They can finish off/add character/warm up a room beautifully.

anyway, that's my brainstorm! hope you've found something useful there!! love looking at the furniture. could you post links? I'm not familiar with the stores, living elsewhere!
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2008 1:17:15 PM
Author: moremoremore
I could really sit here all day and post and talk to myself. I really really need to find a job LOL.

The photo that was attached to this post...I like! The black around the window looks really good. I wish I had a house to decorate.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh yessssss, enter our decorating web! LOL....

Thanks so much! and... you read my mind really....you can''t really tell from the pictures, but I chose to accent with blue...the pillow has it (can''t tell in the pic)..the blanket, the print (again, can''t tell) and did a candle with glass by the fireplace area.....and that little brown and blue zebra piece of pottery that I got at Garden Ridge for 5 bucks! I love blue.....the prints above the couch have a touch of it too...

BTW, since I know someone going''s to say something LOL...those prints above the couch look out of place and too small in the photo for some reason, but you''ll just have to trust me on this LOL....

It''s funny, you can''t tell I have rugs in the pix...so you read my mind again ...I got two coordinating but non matching ones at home good the week after we moved it. Such a find! You can kind of see on in the picture..the other one has a cream center with only a printed border....

yeah, I love ivory, beige, brown, blue, a little rust in there (the print).....and grey too...

As for the drapes, ugh! So expensive...I got nice faux silk ones that almost match the walls...I was going to sew on a strip of brown at the bottoms since dark brown seems to tie everything together...Would you do chrome rods or dark bronze rods?

The fireplace surround wil change too...I''m going to leave the brick unpainted since I find that it might be better for resale in this area (people here are loving country stuff, flowers, rustic stuff...at least from what I can tell)....Except Tacori an me lol...

Between the two of you I''ll have this place in shape for the inlawvisit in 3 weeks
6.gif

PICDEN.JPG

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Awww Addy... ya know, even if you have an apt, or even a room to decorate, as long as your own space makes yu feel good, that's what's important! And as for a house, be careful what you wish for haha...there is always something breaking or needing fixting. NO MORE DIAMONDS FOR MMM!!! :)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
MMM, I need to go shopping with you! Sounds like you get all the good deals. I really love that pillow. Oh well! I need to find some pattern throw pillows w/o spending $50 per pillow. JUST CANNOT DO IT! Sorry the ottoman didn''t work out. Where are you getting your apprasial done? Insurance is always a good thing
2.gif
At our old house (not sure if I have a picture on my computer to show you) we covered the brick (that went to the ceiling) of our fireplace with slate. Then DH put this enhancer on it that looked fab (like it was wet). We spray painted the gold surround black (yes, we are ghetto like that) and it really looked great. I am not in love with our current fireplace (more b/c of the surround. Not a fan of dental molding) but at least it is black marble. Kind of goes with everything. How long are your ILs coming for? We have a *maybe* date for a GTG for the 18th just so you are in the loop
1.gif
I agree with pacing ourselves. DH and I made a list of all the things we wanted to get done before thanksgiving...it''s a lot
40.gif
Paint our cabs, redo our tile back splash, get/put up lights, hanging pictures...can''t remember what else.

Lara, sounds like you have some great ideas. Can''t wait to see what you do with your new house. When is the move in date?

Addy, I agree with MMM. Make your apartment your home!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I vote for chrome curtain rods. Linen''s and things and BB&B have nice ones (use a coupon!) That is where I got the one for her nursery. I think it is Umbra. Really cool and heavy for a great price.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, chrome rods or bronze?
I think, from looking at your preferences, that chrome would be the way to go...
if the room is largish, I would consider largish (more substantial) rods rather than the very skinny, thin rods, but of course you are there and I am here, lol...
rust as an accent colour is great, ooh I''m feeling inspired for my own place, that would provide the warming influence that I mentioned in my earlier post, and of course it goes very nicely with blue.
I agree with Addy as well, and think perhaps the odd touch of black (''ebony'', matt surfaces) might tie in nicely as well. But I see you are going with dark brown as an anchor! How exciting!!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tacori! Your ideas regarding your own fireplace and birck surrounds are great.

I have a rather drab, uninspiring fireplace in my new place. Did you see the photo on the other thread? (I''m not sure I should thread jack by pasting it in here??!!!)

Anyway, this fireplace - I think it''s a working fireplace, but there''s a power point in it, so it''s not ever been a working fireplace, even if it has a chimney.
It is basically plastered, and picked out in a contrasting paint, and that''s it.

I''d need to tile, do whatever to it, to make it fireproof / make it look like a fireplace! I''m thinking of putting large square stone tiles on either side of the fireplace, from floor to ceiling....don''t know what to do with the fireplace itself yet.
Perhaps tomorrow, I''ll put it in this thread, so you can have a look..

Anyway, MMM, I''m off to bed now, but will check back on this thread tomorrow! nighty nite everyone!
35.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, here was our old fireplace. I don''t have a before picture on my computer but it was generic red brick, rustic wood mantel, and bright brass frame around fireplace. I think it looked better IRL than this picture but gives you an idea. DH loves doing tile work so he did it all (and came up with the design). Makes me sad to see this picture b/c this was our first house. Of course it was nice to move up but a *small* part of me still missed out hold house.

T_oldfireplace.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Girl please...around here, if anyone is tiling, painting, sanding, it's me. Hubby is not very handy....I mean he could be if I let him LOL..but I'm rreeeaaallllyyyy tough to please and won't let him paint bc he leaves drips, etc....I like that surround very much...especially the little detail tiles...hubby is very impressive........But I'm really not THAT handy so can't even think about that at this point bc I'd have to pay someone....BUT, I really didn't think about spray painting the surround...I don't know why....I have two light fixtures upstairs that I got at Lowes for $38... they were a horrible orange color but I made them dark dark bronze....Silver or chrome spray paint never works out for me..I tried to do an ornate mirror and it just looked bad...Maybe I'll try the bronze...it really can't go wrong since I'll jusdt replace it anyway....I know what you mean about missing your old place...I look at our old hole in the wall and it's a little sad...

As for painting your cabinets..I'm almost done with my bathroom ones...I stopped bc of my toe...well, that and I'm lazy haha....have to have it ready for inlaw (staying only a few days but they rule....and bro and sis in law coming too....)....If you do your cabinets, check out Ben Moore Black Bean Soup...I looked and looked for a rich looking color and this was by far the best...BUT, depending on your lighting it can look purple- remember when I was going to paint the stair rail- well, I was going to use this but in that lighting it looked purple...Anyhoo...I say give it a try! I couldn't afford a new vanity or top so I'm painting and will be paining that molding standing there and putting it around the old wall mirror....I also got the cheapest faucets possible since it's an empty bathroom...I have to paint the actual room too after I took the roses off....horrible, horrible rose wallpaper...

Lara...I'll go look for your thread now! I love pictures! And I just saw- congrats on the house! I'm going to check out the thread more now...!!!

Oh, of COURSE, the ONLY rods I like are at RH...I CAN"T find them anywhere else and they are as plain as dirt. Of course. I was thinking dark to ground the curtains....and maybe to match the fireplace surround...Hmmm. but you both say chrome...interesting!

TAC- wouldn't it be funny if, in person, we didn't like eachother LOLOL.....BTW, where can I get gas? It's crazy....We have 1/4 tank and there isn't any to be found...this would never happen in NY LOL
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
oh, oops, here it is....they were the color of the inside :-0 with really really ugly gold 1980s hardware. Thank god the floor is white hex which I love...I bleached the hell out of it and it's nice and white....

paintingcab.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should have seen some of the tile work DH has done. Pretty amazing. I CANNOT wait to redo our master bath but that is like last on the list. Patience. Love the color in your bathroom. We are just painting them white (kitchen). That is what they are now so we are used to it. I *want* ebony colored wood when we redo them. Not sure what for a counter top. I am kinda over granite. Plus I know I want it to be light. I would love white marble but too much upkeep (would be stunning though). We have time to figure it out. Can you post a picture of the curtain rods you like. I bet we could find them for you cheaper.

Look for gas here. Look for the ones that have been updated today.

I suppose we could hate each other. There is only one way to find out
27.gif
BTW I usually never read over my posts and I just did and realized how many mistakes I had! Like "out hold" instead of "our old." Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results