clarity

Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas bags

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Vinyl coated canvas.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of them have a little bit of everything, like my newest. It has the treated canvas, leather, suede and python:

svgrse3frnt.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
LV has a big variety of leathers and styles, you can check them out on their website and even purchase online.

The Monogram is canvas though. Wears better than leather, if you ask me.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys!!

I'm trying to decide between the Neverfull MM or the Delightful MM. Any thoughts/opinions?? Also undecided about Mongram vs. Damier pattern.
First is the Neverfull (I'd get the one in the middle, the medium sized one)

lvtotes.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Or the delightful??? This one is more hobo-ish and slouchy then the tote....

lvdelighful.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
And now I'm actually thinking about the larger tote (the GM) in Damier print. Too many decisions....ahhhh!!!!

lvdamierneverfull.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I've tried them both, and the two straps on the neverfull bug me because they tend to slip off and I wonder if they will hurt if the bag is heavy.

I do like the neverfull style, though. I like that it can be cinched up and look tidier for evening. Have you tried on the GM? It's really a bit too huge if you ask me. I am 5' 5", 130 lbs and the GM looked like it was trying to eat me. I much prefer the MM. PM is just too small, IMHO.

BUT I would NEVER own a neverfull without a bag shaper on the bottom. They're all over ebay and pretty cheap. In the ads, they have a shaper. Without a shaper, they just look like a mess of fabric hanging off the handles.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BASE-SHAPER-LV-LOUIS-CLASSIC-NEVERFULL-MM-/310345437687?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&hash=item48420791f7#ht_1086wt_872 One of the many.

I like the embossed Louis Vuitton on the top handle of the delighful. I think that's pretty cool. It felt a bit more substantial to me than the neverfull.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ilander!!! OMG, I NEVER thought of that (the bag shaper). I still haven't decided what style I'm going to get, I have to get myself to the LV store and try them on. I think if I go for the neverfull, I will get the MM. I'm not a petite girl, but I do think the GM is a bit too large for everyday!!
Thank again for the advice!!! I'll post pics when I make the purchase!!!! :))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
No, problem, Dani! :wavey:

You might also want to get a rain guard to keep the raw leather from getting those nasty water spots;

http://www.applepolishes.com/applepolishes/products.html

This stuff is all over the various purse forums, and highly recommended.

I'm trying to find a decent large monogram Noe from one of the used dealers. They're so common and have been made for so long, that they're about half price even in excellent condition. But the condition is the hard part, a lot of them are pretty used up. I'm enjoying the hunt! :appl:

You might want to check some of the legitimate used dealers like portero, fashionphile, or yoogis closet. But don't wander around on the internet too much, there are SO MANY fakes that it is amazing. The guys I mentioned are the real deal though. Neverfulls are pretty new, though, and they don't get much of a discount even used. You might want to check them out just to see what your bag will look like after the raw leather has gotten a patina. I actually can't stand the raw leather and prefer a mellow, old patina.

Please do post your pics! Or even take a few cell phone shots at the store when you try on and show us. I found that it takes me about 4 trips to decide and I take pics and look at them later. It helps me figure out what actually looks good on me without the pressure of the sales people.

I'm happy to talk about purses, it's my new obsession of the moment! :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dani|1315757056|3015042 said:
And now I'm actually thinking about the larger tote (the GM) in Damier print. Too many decisions....ahhhh!!!!

I do like the red interior on this one, it's cool. But I think your first LV should have the traditional monogram. There's just something about it . . . just sayin' ;))

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much!!! I actually love Yoogi's closet- I just sold 3 of my bags to them- I had an LV speedy and an older musette tango, plus a large Gucci horsebit hobo that they gave me a decent amount back for. I never used those bags anymore, so figured I would sell them to get some cash to buy a new one. I've been a handbag freak all my life. I've been know to wear my sweats out proudly- only as long as I have a designer bag on my arm!! ;))

I will definitely post pics....I'm going within the next couple of weeks. :naughty:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OH! :oops: Sorry, I thought you were a noob to designer bag land!

I actually am a noob, with my first designer being a Chanel Petite Shopping Tote. Here's my thread on that:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-reward-for-quitting-smoking-thanks-to-you-all.164488/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-reward-for-quitting-smoking-thanks-to-you-all.164488/[/URL]

I like it and all that, but it's not really my lifestyle. It's great when I'm going out to dinner or someplace nice, but it looks odd with shorts :lol:

So, I've started lurking and posting a little on those other :naughty: forums, but PS is still my "home" forum. I've gotten into the vuittons, and I like a couple of them, but I'm not a multiple type of person. I like to buy one of something and that's it. So I'm only buying one vuitton, and after months of thinking it's going to be the big Noe. I've tried it on and it works for me.

What's your favorite bag?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh. that's a gorgeous bag!!! I could totally understand it not fitting your lifestyle though. It wouldn't fit mine either. So are you trying to sell it? I had a really great experience with Yoogi's Closet. Simple and easy. Loved them :)) I recommend.

I'm not sure what my favorite bag is (can you tell?). I have such a hard time making decisions!!! I was thinking about ordering the LV bag online, but I checked tonight, and it seems they're out of stock in the monogram pattern (MM). Just my luck :blackeye:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hey Dani :wavey:

Did you ever get your Neverfull? I would love to see pics if/when you do!

I am still looking for a Noe, I'm trying to get it second hand on ebay. But it's hard to find one with less wear, a good price, and from a trusted seller. That's a tricky combination. :rolleyes:

I've seen a bunch with nasty waterspots on the bottom, some with dried, caramelized leather, others with scuffed corners that look they were dragged across the driveway. Then there's a ton that look fake. I just want one that looks reasonable, a little wear, but not horrible. There's one that looks good, but the handle is replaced and the color is too different from the older leather. Whatever I decide on, I'll have to get authenticated on the forum.

But the hunt is half the fun, right?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Madam Bijoux|1305124474|2918473 said:
Some of them have a little bit of everything, like my newest. It has the treated canvas, leather, suede and python:

So pretty. . . :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I think the neverfull is a bit much unless you are like a student or trial lawyer who carries a lot of papers every day. Does anyone have the Evora? I played with an Azur one in LV the other day and it is a great size...spacious but not unweidly. I had never seen a real LV up close and personal and the quality of the bags didn't wow me like I thought it would. Sure they are nice but I don't see how they can charge so much. Their shoes, on the other hand, were devine and probably worth every penny.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for thinking of me, missy!!!! I didn't get it yet!!! I haven't even gotten to the store to look, I've been so busy!!! I hope to get there soon!!! :love:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kelpie|1316800480|3023973 said:
I think the neverfull is a bit much unless you are like a student or trial lawyer who carries a lot of papers every day. Does anyone have the Evora? I played with an Azur one in LV the other day and it is a great size...spacious but not unweidly. I had never seen a real LV up close and personal and the quality of the bags didn't wow me like I thought it would. Sure they are nice but I don't see how they can charge so much. Their shoes, on the other hand, were devine and probably worth every penny.

i have the never full, and think it's perfect for a student. flashy for school, but honestly can fit ANYTHING and everything in it! really really "casual" looking, though. i have the GM.

Inimitable_D

Rough_Rock
I have a handful of LV bags, and from what I understand, the bodies of the monogram bags are made of coated canvas, but the handles/straps and trim are made of vachetta leather.

There is a lot of concern on another forum lately regarding the quality of LV's products. Apparently, people have been having more issues than in the past, and some have commented that the bag material is thinner and the brass tarnishes much more easily, etc. I can't really comment on that because I only recently started buying LV. I have to agree that the quality doesn't particularly wow me (I guess I expected something different considering the price), but I love their purses nonetheless.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Just an FYI, I read on LV's site that they're planning a 2-3% price increase for next fiscal year. Now is the time to buy if you had been debating, because prices will be going UP!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been to this forum in years. Is there a thread on Louis Vuitton vernis items? Or a more general LV thread where discussion of them would be welcomed?

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Jenny23

Rough_Rock
Hi guys

I love LV bags, especially the ones with the monogram pattern.

Regards,
Jenny

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As far as the larger size tote, the sides do cinch in so you can wear it so it looks smaller if it's not filled. It doesn't always stay though, but it is a decent option.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results