shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey, shopping goddesses, need help accessorizing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
So I went shopping for a dress for a friend''s wedding (May 30th). It''s fairly casual - the reception''s at a firehouse, out in the sticks of Pennsylvania. I live in Philadelphia, so I hit up one of the big malls in search of a dress. I''m on a budget (saving for my own wedding, plus I have to put out for a hotel room, gas for the 3 hour drive, and a gift), so I didn''t want to spend more than $75 on the dress. Group USA had a dress that I fell in love with, but the only one they had in my size had a broken zipper. It was 60 bucks, and I probably could have gotten it and taken it to a seamstress, but I didn''t feel like it was worth the hassle. So last night I got online and found the same dress (although a slightly different pattern) at Boscovs.com ON SALE for 39.99 + 20%off!!! so 31 + 9 shipping. Yay! Anyhoo, I am calling on you lovely ladies to accessorize. I really like the shoes the model has on, but the problem is, I''m not sure if the accent color on the dress is black or dark brown. The one I tried on had more of a white backround with an aqua and deep brown pattern and brown ribbon. But in this picture from the website it looks black. I guess I''ll just have to wait till it gets here to see (the website doesn''t help - it just says "seafoam"). You girls are so good at finding shoes! I ogle over all of them! So I''ll need shoes, a purse, and I guess a shrug/sweater in case it''s chilly. (Don''t forget I''m on a budget - the cheaper the better!) Thanks!!!

Here''s the dress:

376991908fr9820sz01.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
How much are you willing to spend on the shoes?

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Since I saved on the dress, I could probably up my shoe/shrug/purse budget to about $150 - I figure I can kinda scimp down on the shrug, since I probably won''t be wearing it much. So we''ll say $125 for the purse and shoes. I don''t mind more expensive shoes, I''d just cut the purse budget down! Or vice-versa... I don''t have a white purse, could use one.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Why not a simple black heel? Maybe not as high as shown in the model photo? I know Jessica Simpson''s line had some cute peep toes, not sure how many are still out. They carry those in Macy''s or Dillards.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 8:24:00 PM
Author: brazen_irish_hussy
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=289001&CategoryID=21836# These come in cream, black and brown so the color should work no matter what
http://www.shoes.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=EC1094463&pg=5064729 I just thought these were too cute

I am hopeless for bags because I just never got into them.

Target has some really nice sweaters and shrugs, and they are very affordable.
I love those cream shoes! I''m so tempted.
27.gif

I agree with BIH, you could surely find a shrug at Target. You could likely find a white purse, too.
I just got a couple cardigans from the Gap- they didn''t have white but an off-white. Old Navy usually has some inexpensive ones as well. The one I listed from Express I actually have and am really happy with it. There are some black ones on sale at Macy''s... I believe one is only like $25 and then there are some INC brand for $60.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2008 9:04:38 PM
Author: sera
Cute dress... aqua, black and white is one of my favorite combos.

I would probably do something like this...

white, one-button shrug from Express ($40)

white, foldover clutch by Steve Madden at Macy''s ($48)

black with white trim peep-toe pump from Macy''s ($42)
I have a cardigan from Express I love. I have gotten more use out of it than any of the more expensive cardigans I have owned. You might try in store, they always have a big selection and a lot on sale.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE these Steve Maddens! They are adorable! They come in different color combos, so you could work that how you want it.

These Nine West's are pretty nice, and a little less pricey.

I think these Nina's would be very cute if the dress has black in it.

These black ones would look really classy, IMO.

This look is quite similar to what the model is wearing, and would look really cute!

Hope that helps!
35.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much to all of you!!

Sera, I love those black and white shoes from macy''s.
And star, all of your shoe picks are TDF as well!!! Especially those Steve Maddens (((((drool)))))

Goodness, decisions, decisions. The dress hasn''t gotten here yet... so black/brown is still up in the air. If it is black, maybe I ought to buy a nice "staple" black shoe... ((( this is my way of upping the budget without feeling guilty ))) I could always wear them again
31.gif
... and I do have a few nice black purses already. hmmmmmmmm...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey girls! Figured I''d give an update...
The dress came and the color is black, not brown. I finally had a chance to go out shopping today. I first hit up Bare Feet Shoes (not quite sure if that''s a national store or not). Anyways, they had a ton of cute shoes, but I was kinda set on black and white. They only had a few b&w pairs, and none caught my fancy. So before Macy''s I go to Burlington Coat Factory (in the same mall), just for the heck of it. I usually can''t find much in there, but I feel like I hit the jackpot today! $55 Madden Girl shoes for $19.99! And a cute white Nine West purse (also 19.99!). I think they sell "less than perfect" (scratch & dent??) stuff, and that''s how they can get the prices so low. They had 4 pairs of the shoes in my size (on clearance), so I just picked out the best... one shoe looks perfect and the other has a little nick on the inside of the heel. (I''m thinkin SI1... lol). I still haven''t gotten a shrug, but FI and I are going to the mall again tomorrow (he wants a new shirt and tie). Thanks again, ladies!!!

Oh, yeah... they''re calling for torrential downpours in my area on Saturday
38.gif
I hope the weatherfolks are wrong.. my girlfriend''s super stressed about it!
8.gif

Shoe Pic:

3279-539429-d.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute!!!I love black and white shoes (I have 3 pairs of them) but I can never find anything to wear them with!!! Of course, they are pretty crazy patterns though, so that makes it harder.

Anyway-any chance we could get a pic of you in the dress with the shoes? (And Burlington is pretty awesome yeah?)

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Freke! btw, I LOVE your shoe collection!

I will post pics - probably Sunday... I''m home alone for the day till DF comes home from work, then hitting the mall again. I can''t zip up the dress by myself.... the zipper''s in the back (not the side), and it is a touchy zipper (I can see how the one in the store was broken).

The wedding''s Sat May 31st (I said 30th in the original post -- my bad!)

Doing my toes/fingernails fuschia today.

Burlington is awesome.... I always buy my coats from there, but never seem to find much in the way of shoes. They also have really cool glass stuff - vases, sculptures - in really neat colors.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lynnie, fellow Philly gal...where about are do you live?

Love the shoes so much!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DF! I live in the Northeast, Mayfair (Cottman and Frankford area). Grew up in Olney ( that neighborhood sure has gone downhill!) I work in Center City. I live in a cheap crappy apartment (well, not so much crappy, just... outdated). Saving up money for the wedding. Hopefully we''ll be able to buy a house shortly after (4/18/09). I have no idea where my future house will be... one day we say we''ll stay in this neighborhood, the next it''s Jenkintown/Abington, the next it''s "to heck with this city! Let''s move up the mountains!". His dad lives in NC and is trying to convince us to move down there, my dad says that it''s silly to spend $15K on a wedding, that THIS is the time to buy. I don''t think the market will get that much worse for buyers in a year...

Oh, well... Where do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results