shape
carat
color
clarity

Does this dress go with these shoes??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
So I bought these shoes at a sample sale and I love love love them, but I have NOTHING to wear with them. My bridal shower is coming up so I thought I would seize the opportunity and buy a fabulous dress that goes with them. Here are the shoes:
cutestshoesever.jpg
sosocute.jpg

Does this adorable dress go with them? I would prefer to buy it in pink because it''s cuter and more shower-y, but I think I would wear the gray more, and I think the gray would probably go better with the shoes...

So what do you think? Or, should I keep looking for a dress that goes better? I love the style of this Jcrew one, with the low v-neck and the slim skirt...
http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod93591161&catId=cat303191

93591_WB5435_m_SU08.jpg

Ice Princess Cristy

Shiny_Rock
The color of the shoes seems off on my computer.... you said they were gray right? I would prefer them with the second dress. Both are REALLY cute. My only thought though is the shoes look suede which could look a little heavy with a sundress and spring type dress. If you DO decide you will be wearing them with a dress like that the grey would help balance the heavier look of the suede.... if they are suede that is
9.gif

Overall great shoes, great dresses!

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Cristy! The shoes are suede but not the nubbly kind, the really smooth soft kind. They are dark gray, but not as dark as they are showing up on my computer either.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeeet dress! I think the shoes would go--nothing has to be really matchy these days...albeit I think some mules would be "the best"...

cheers--Sharon

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
SDL and Macie - Thanks! I have a really strong aversion to white shoes, I don''t know what it is. I have never owned a pair, even my wedding shoes are silver!! hahaha

Canuk - I agree, my style isn''t exactly matchy either but I wasn''t sure if the shoes were just toooo far off. Maybe I''ll just go with the gray one to be safe and get some cute, colorful accessories to punch it up a little.

However, as my FSIL pointed out that really annoying Canadian rule of taking off ALL shoes before walking into any house is going to make it a moot point anyway!! So, she says get the pink dress cuz its cuter without the shoes. Trying to come up with a way to walk in from the back so I can keep the shoes on at all times!!

Has anyone seen any cute dresses around that you think my shoes might just go perfectly with??

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVE the 2nd color of the dress and it would be so HOT with those shoes!

movie zombie

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Christy, thanks for the search!! I put on the shoes last night and pranced around in them since I haven''t gotten to wear them out yet and it was raining last night. Took a couple feet pics. I think they look chunkier in those photos than they are....still considering ordering the Jcrew dress, I just love the cut of it, I just don''t look good in flowy, unstructured dresses!!

Off to hunt some more...

Shoes 004 1.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 9:40:50 PM
Author: movie zombie
LOVE the 2nd color of the dress and it would be so HOT with those shoes!

movie zombie

Thanks! I think the gray dress would go really well with the shoes too actually, and I might get more use out of the gray dress than I would out of the pink....I don''t know, the pink is just so fun!!! And I love gray and pink....wish it was solid hot pink, I think the polka dots are throwing it off from going with the gray shoes....argggh

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been finding all sorts of fun threads today!

Kara.

This is just too funny. We should just get two of everything we buy...one for you and one for me.

I just received the pewter polka dot one last week!! I ordered the petite so I didn''t try it on beforehand and I really wanted the pink but they were sold out in my size. Anyway I tried them on with black satin peep-toe heels from Nina, sort of like the ones below. I love the dress, but I do wish I had gotten the pink. I think you can still get a lot of wear out of the pink. The pewter is not as "fun" as I would like. I will probably wear the pewter dress with red or bright pink shoes, in the same style as the black Ninas that I already have. I probably will wear it to a pre- or post-wedding party. I don''t know if you''ve tried on the dress yet but I personally might try to remove the rose in the front because it looks really weird from the side. It just pokes out and I can''t flatten it out at all. Maybe that will help you in your decision.

ninashoes_diff.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Darn lost my post.

Ok, I love your shoes. It''s very bold and almost structural looking shoe. I would either balance it out with a flirty dress that has a full skirt, like this:

dressforkara.jpg

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Or match it with another bold pattern in a structured cut. Like this (in green or purple):

purplegreendressforkara.jpg

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
hahahahahaha that is so funny!! are you going to keep the dress? can you post a pic of it on you so i can see what that rosette looks like?

thanks for the research!!! that pink one is super cute, is it Jcrew too? not sure how i feel about the print one, it looks like a cute cut but I''m just not a fan of prints for me....i''m so boring, i know!!!

still not sure what i''m going to do for a dress for this shower. i wore them for the first time to a graduation dinner on friday, with black capri''s and a black button up shirt with short puffy sleeves, but I can''t really wear all black for my own bridal shower, hahahaha

maybe a structured dress wouldn''t go as well with the shoes as a flowy dress, but i just honestly can never make myself buy a flowy dress.

what about something like this? would green and gray be good together?

green jcrew.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the green dress. I think the gray would go better with it. Where is it from?

ETA-Nevermind I just saw the jcrew pic name

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
Green and grey go together better than grey and bright pink. Besides, it would be a true shopping sin to pass on that green dress, buy it, and then let me borrow it.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I don''t like the grey shoes with either of the polka dot dresses. I''m gonna have to echo Cristy in that I wouldn''t wear suede shoes (nubby or not) with a sundress. I really like the mosaic halter that Cristy linked but you said you don''t like free flowing dresses.

My personal opinion would be to pick a dress fabric that''s not cotton. Silk would pair up nicely, or anything with a nice sheen would balance the suede. Even a light jersey knit would be better than cotton.

karasue91

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for the opinions, I do like this green dress, maybe I''ll go ahead and order it. And I''ll keep looking too, maybe try on some dresses in stores this weekend. Thanks again!!

LoveDeco

Shiny_Rock
I love that green dress! Almost ordered it in navy for myself over the weekend!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know about the pink dress with those shoes....but I LOVE the shoes! They look beautiful on your feet, btw, the pic you posted looks like an advertisement! I hope you find the right combo.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results