shape
carat
color
clarity

Christmas Party Outfit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m up late and trying to put together an out for a couple of christmas parties I''m going to with b/f. This is the third year I''ll be attending each of these parties and will be dressing down a bit. Here''s a collage of the outfit that I put together from Cache. I''m still trying to decide between the two belts and the outfit looks muh cuter in person. I also found a pair of pumps at Nordstrom''s, but can''t find a picture of them on-line to share.

outfit.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
With a shirt that long will any one see the belt that goes through the loops, or will it just look like a bump? Also I dont know that I would wear a necklace with that shirt it might be a tad busy. I do like the earrings though and all the tones are so warm and festive.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the colors scheme!
3.gif

matatora made some good points. that shirt has enough interest at the top, a necklace would just be too much. i do like the necklace though, so if you find a nice deep scoopneck i think it would be lovely.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tips girls! I''m going to wear the belt over the shirt, not through the loops. Since the shirt is so long, I thought it needed something to break up the brown. Your right about the necklace...it''s out
emthdown.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
its hard to tell how the two browns go together, the shirt and pants, they seem like they are different browns which may either look good or like you are trying to match but missed. i'm not a monochromatic person unless it's black, otherwise to me it's more of an old fashioned look than a modern one.

have to say those pants remind me of something my mom would wear (sorry im just being honest here...i would want someone to tell me if i asked them!!)...remember those old stirrup pants? thats what those look like in the picture BUT maybe in person they are alot better, who knows...have you tried this stuff on or seen it in person? sometimes i look at things online and think EW in person or vice versa.

i like the idea of the top with those jeans and the belt that is metal and those earrings. done!
2.gif
the earrings are my favorite part!

do you have a white house black market where you are at? they have some really cute things and most of their pieces work well together as well. i love their jewelry.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you already picked up the brown shirt and pants? I too am not liking the set. It looks rather mod and not quite fresh & lively enough for a Christmas party. JMO.

I also think (as Mara noted) the shirt with jeans and those earrings is perfect. The belt isn't quite my style, but if you have narrow hips, I think this would look great and create some curve. If you're already hippy, then this belt will not flatter you!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i still like the shirt but i thought you were going with jeans until mara mentioned the pants!
37.gif
i wouldn''t try to match similar fabrics/colors that will be right next to each other (as in shirt and pants) it''s a disaster waiting to happen. if the jeans are too casual, pick another piece to work around (such as the shirt) don''t try and match fabrics or colors unless you have a dyed to match set and you want it to look like a coordinating piece.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay what about Tuxedo pants? They look cute and could be worn often. If you like a monochromatic look you could do black and black, with the emerald earrings for a dash of color since it is Christmas. Or the green shirt with a touch of black to tie in with the pants. I dont know your skin tone or hair/eye color so these are just guesses at what would flatter.

marvelchristmasbr.JPG

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, great idea. Those emerald earrings are perfect for a christmas outfit. . .hmmm. . .where did you find them?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Banana Republic Everything in the above picture is from BR, to make it easy for mixing/matching.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of tuxedo pants and wear them often. They are comfy too. Dress them up or down.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i love BR stuff!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, so do I! My husband is not at all into clothes, so I always pick him up boxers from there to liven up his t-shirt/jeans wardrobe.

Oh, and not to highjack, but I noticed BR has baby cashmere now too and thought I'd show an example! This little sweater is $78. . .there's also one for $98
6.gif
I can't imagine putting a baby in a little outfit like this and having him spit up like two seconds later!

bananababy.jpg

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
ditto...the shirt with dressy jeans, the chain belt and i looooove the earrings! veto the brown on brown, too tricky to get it just right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results