shape
carat
color
clarity

Best. Perfume. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks dt.

I got to wondering about this very thing after I posted. And at first I wondered, if this was the case, why the ladies at the perfume counter didn''t know this. Then I realized they probably did, but wanted me to buy something there, and probably didn''t carry PS.

At any rate, hopefully I can keep wearing this awhile.

Thanks again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
dt, just wanted to thank you again for helping me.

I found a place online that sold it for way less than Macy''s had, but they were out of the retail perfume. However, they had "testers" in stock, which is the same perfume, but may not come exactly as you would get it in the store. These were 8 dollars less than the fancy packaged stuff, so I tried it. Mine came in a plain box, without a lid. No biggie, as I still had my old bottle.

What a great buy though! My grand total was 27.98.
36.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen- that''s great! glad I was able to help out- I get a little crazy w/ the googling sometimes!

Do you keep your perfume in the fridge? I find it really helps prolong the lifespan of them!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 9:15:51 AM
Author: dtnyc
Ellen- that''s great! glad I was able to help out- I get a little crazy w/ the googling sometimes!

Do you keep your perfume in the fridge? I find it really helps prolong the lifespan of them!
You know, my mom gave me a bottle of REALLY expensive stuff once, and I did keep it in the fridge. But with the less expensive stuff, I never have. Maybe I should, although I wear it every day, so it''s not like it sits forever, but still, couldn''t hurt!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 9:44:03 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 1/10/2007 9:15:51 AM

You know, my mom gave me a bottle of REALLY expensive stuff once, and I did keep it in the fridge. But with the less expensive stuff, I never have. Maybe I should, although I wear it every day, so it''s not like it sits forever, but still, couldn''t hurt!
Especially since it might have been a sample and who knows how long it''s been sitting around?

In my current apartment I have to walk through the kitchen to get to my bathroom, so having it in the fridge isn''t an inconveniece, but I live in a weird NYC studio apartment- I realize it''s probably not as convenient for everyone to do this!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:01:49 AM

Especially since it might have been a sample and who knows how long it''s been sitting around?

In my current apartment I have to walk through the kitchen to get to my bathroom, so having it in the fridge isn''t an inconveniece, but I live in a weird NYC studio apartment- I realize it''s probably not as convenient for everyone to do this!
Yeah, I was thinking that I''d have to go get it and bring it back to the bedroom, as I put my perfume on before I get dressed. Wouldn''t be as much of a problem if I didn''t have a house full of kids...But you do have a point about how long it has sat. The site explained these bottles as the ones the store uses on the counter (another site said the same thing). Maybe I''ll let this one sit out and see if it holds up like my other.

Thanks!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 6:54:19 PM
Author: wallermama
I wear J''Adore when I''m feeling sexy. I think the last time I wore it was about three years ago.
8.gif

Every not sexy day, I wear Lune du Miele, by Fragonard. I bought my first bottle in 1995 and now have to order it directly from France on their website. It sounds similar to this Bond perfume you mention. It''s light and lovely but warm and comfy too. It''s the kind of lovely scent I want my kids to remember hugging.

I''ll be near a Saks tomorrow...I''ll have to go give the Bonds scents the sniff test!
W-mama: I quit wearing perfume when I was bfing my son, as I didn''t want to overwhelm his newborn nose. Now, 2 years later, I rarely wear it, out of the habit of avoidance. I''ve been "sniffing" my way through Nordy''s and now I have a newfound desire to find a new scent I like (I was wearing Creme Bouquet during winter or Jade Bouquet during summers from Stila, and still have half full bottles on my dresser) after reading your sentence about what you want your kids to remember hugging. That is the sweetest thing I''ve ever heard, and scent is a powerful memory trigger.

Anytime I smell Vanilla Bean Noel soap from Bath & Body Works, I remember how it felt the first weeks I brought my son home. My mom always buys it for me for xmas now (his bday is 12-21).

I hear ya on the not feeling sexy thing...it''s been, oh....long time. I think we need to download SexyBack by JT and make it our new year''s ressie. LOL.

J9

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Samsara...

Ephem, did you get to K of P to try Jhivago?

You can get child at Fred Segal or you can get it a Apothia, which is in Brentwood, if it is still in business. I have it in a roll on. It is VERY sweet. I think Bliss might have it, you can go on line and check.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I had so much fun reading this whole thread tonight & then checking websites, ebay etc. So I''m bidding on testers of Chelsea Flowers, Scent of Peace (so much cheaper to try..easier than dragging babykins downtown to our only Saks..he''s not patient for that kind of shopping), and I found some Jade Blossom by Stila on there as well..yippee!

sniff sniff sniff

I love Stila Jade Blossom, I get so many compliments on it..here is it''s description:

Jade Blossom
Welcome to Stila''s garden party. The delicious jade blossom fragrance is a fresh, crisp blend of green tea, cucumber and lemon verbena.

My favorite perfumes through time were:

Pre-teens: Love''s Baby Soft
teens: Oscar De La Renta Ruffles
College: Beautiful by Estee Lauder (still love that one)
20''s: Guess by Georges Marciano (the body lotion was the best)
late 20''s/early 30s: Donna Karan Cashmere Mist (love that one too)
Since I was about 32, I flirted with Vera Wang (too crisp for me, too "perfume-y") but then settled on the Stila Fragrances. The Jade Blossom is uplifting and clean, while the Creme Bouquet is warm & yummy.

Here''s creme''s description: The lovely Creme Bouquet fragrance is a sweet, delicate blend of vanilla, pink lilac, and lily of the valley. Each glass bottle is decorated with hand-pressed, dried flowers that represent the floral elements inside

But they just quit carrying Stila at Nordstrom, and the stilacosmetics.com website is down, so i''m wondering if the company is in trouble. Oh well, Sephora has it, and we have one here, as well as online ordering.

Jeannine

(ps...Deco, I laugh out loud reading your posts..aphrodeeeeeeeeeesiac, hysterical)

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I keep reading about Annick Goutal as well, and she has an eau de Charlotte that has scents I like. sweet, fruity, mischievous floral;
blackcurrant buds - mimosa - cocoa - lily of the valley - vanilla

Ebay=trouble. I am buying so many testers, but it sure beats driving all over & I don't have to spend much and not like something.

Oh, now i'm on the Jo Malone site. Who loves Jo Malone here? What do you think of her fragrances?

Notes I love: orange blossoms, jasmine, paperwhite, vanilla, pepper, pomegranate, grapefruit, sandalwood, honeysuckle, .

Jeannine

(at least its cheaper than a b-bag)

Edited to add: I just ordered 4 Jo Malone testers off of ebay as well. They were 6.99 ea, and 1.50 to ship the 1st, & .25 for each item, from the same seller. After an hour of reading up on fragrance combining on the Jo Malone site, and being able to choose notes that I usually like in real life, I had to at least get samples to try!

Who sells Jo Malone in the US?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Divergrlll -- I hear ya on the not feeling sexy thing. But....perfume is a GREAT way to ease back into feeling feminine and pretty again.
4.gif
It''s been 2 years since my last child was born and although I''m still not "feelin'' it" (nor lookin'' it) at least I smell d@mn good! lol.

I LOVE Jo Malone! Saks and NM both carry it. I love to combine nectarine blossom & honey with french lime blossom....very fresh and fruity. French lime blossom also goes beautifully with red roses....the ultimate in feminity! And I love to wear red roses alone -- so light and lady-like. Pomegranate noir is great for nighttime....kind of dark and sensual. My newest fave is blue agava. OMG, it''s to die for! It''s citrusy with a hint of cinnamon....VERY sexy.
31.gif
Yet like all of JM''s fragrances, it''s soft and light and not overwhelming at all. I haven''t felt the need to layer blue agava because I think that one stands on its own.

I got my first Annick Goutal fragrance a couple weeks ago and it''s my new favorite. I love it even more than any of my JMs!!! It''s Petite Cherie and it smells just like fresh, ripe pears. Deeeelish!!! Check it out sometime!!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kristy Darling! Hey, at least you smell good & have a gorgeous diamond! Who cares about feelin'' it, if you are wearin'' it! LOL.
I could not believe how reasonable the Jo Malone scents are. I don''t want to buy a full sized scent off ebay, worried its not authentic or fresh...Probably silly, but I''ve been had with fake jeans before.

But i can try scents this way too, without dragging the wee one out. (Oh he looooves that)

Jeannine (gonna have to hit Saks this week...with my toddler, that''ll be fun).

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i just discovered jo malone and am addicted...it''s too much fun! my fave for everyday is honeysuckle and jasmine (has an ?underscent/note? of sandalwood that is really nice witht he honey suckle and jasmine...pretty but clean and not too sweet) and for night time i have tuberose (which i''ll occasionally layer with honeysuckle and jasmine) which is gardenia-y also with a undernote/scent of sandalwwod. the SA was super nice and was explaining that gardenia doesn''t smell like "gardenia" when crushed for perfume (hence there vintage gardenia scent isn''t the stereotypical gardenia scent we all assocoate with the flower) and that tuberose actually smells more like "gardenis" when crushed. i thought it was an interesting tidbit and very true to my nose
1.gif

next on my list is red roses which is awesome for layering.

jo malone is the first perfume to tempt me away from my fave everyday scent (estee lauder pleasures...yeah, old school, i know
2.gif
). my only complaint is that it doesn''t last as long as i''d like.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ginger & Kristy: I recieved my Jo Malone Samples. I ordered 154, Pomgranate Noir, Orange Blossom, and Honeysuckle Jasmine.

Well I tried them on at different times and they didn''t complement my skin chemistry. Once they dried down, they weren''t so overpowering, but my nose is really sensitive right now.

Pomegranate Noir was the best of the 4, dark and sexy like KD said. It dried kinda nice, reminds me of Opium from the "olden days". LOL.

Honeysuckle & Jasmin was tooo sweet for me.

Orange Blossom smelled like an old school gardenia (which I do not like)

and 154 smelled like a cedar-y mens cologne.

I originally wanted honeysuckle &jasmin to layer with orange blossom...and that''s what I have on now & its awful. LOL!

Oh well,it was ebay, it was cheap...I have 4 huge samples...anyone want them?

I''m waiting for my Chelsea flowers & Scent of Peace scents to come in. I believe a Saks trip is in order. I want to pick a scent I like, see if DH likes it in time for V-day. We didn''t get to celebrate our anniversary this year (near xmas, too much going on) so I''d like a perfume for vday.

Later!

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Well, my Chelsea Flowers sample came today. It''s very pretty, and I liked it when I sprayed it on, but I couldn''t put my finger on what note I was picking up. Then I realized that it smells EXACTLY like Clinque Happy as it dries down on me.

Hmm, never been a big fan of Happy...moreover, I wouldn''t want to spend $200 on a scent that has a lower priced twin.

Still want to try Scent of Peace..but will go downtown to Saks for that. Wouldn''t mind trying Angel, Sud Comptoir (sp?).....I like the warm, soft scents. "Soft Woods" as sephora puts it.

I wore my Donna Karan Cashmere Mist body lotion y''day and its such a comforting scent, I think I may hint to DH that I want that scent for V-day.

I swear, my body chemistry sucks, I''d love to be able to wear half this stuff, it sounds so yummy in the copy.

Jeannine

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 7:15:54 PM
Author: littlelysser
Oh, and I believe that they only sell it at Saks, and the Bond stores. I am in LOVE. :)
I know that this thread has gone way OT since this post, BUT just so you all know Bond is also available at Kitson boutique in Beverly Hills, CA (favorite store EVERR)

ETA: Thanks to this thread I went and tried Scent of Peace and subsequently dropped over 3 times as much as I ever have on perfume--HAD to have it. It's gorgeous. I hope the staying power rumors are true (I haven't worn it over 2 hours yet)!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL diver....me too...stuff never smells the same on me... but everyone love Lauren LIght Blue and me and they are always shocked...guess it doesn''t smell good to them in the bottle but it''s actually pretty awesome on me....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Chinatown, altho I loved it when I sampled it twice in the store, seems to now give me a hay fever type reaction when I wear it....but I still love the other Bond I bought (NYC). Too, I am waning on JM Orange Blossom and French Lime Blossom--my tastes have changed. The new Hermes--sampled in store today--was fruity and fresh.

cheers--Sharon

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jo Malone does not stay on well. I tried the Pomegranate Noir and the new one, Blue Agave Cacao which both did not last but were pretty. I really love the new Badgley Michka perfume which is soft and really pretty...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 5:23:46 PM
Author: pinkflamingo
my favorite these days is Narciso Rodriguez Musc For Her. It is $$$, $150/ 1.6 oz, but it is long lasting and so fresh and clean smelling. I get compliments on it all the time. A must-try next time you guys are at Nordies.

eta: butterfly, check out the Comptoir Sud Pacifique line for vanille coco. it is a wonderful coconut-vanilla scent. I also love their vanille banane and vanille abricot. soo yummy!

if you want a more beachy type scent, smell Bobbi Brown Beach. It really smells like suntan lotion, a little ocean salty spray, very clean and definitely beachy. :)
PF:

Went to Sephora & tested Vanille Abricot....to..die...for...I can''t stop sniffing myself. My Dh was with me & we tried all sorts of scents, and he liked that one best too. (other contender was flowerbomb, but the Comptoir won.
How long does it last? It''s been on me for about 5 hours & I still smell it.

Delish..

Diver

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Comptoir line, but it can be too sweet sometimes. I love flowerbomb and I love Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors...I just got the new Badgely Mischka fragrance, it is nice too, did not seem to last that long though...

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
I agree that Jo Malone does not stay on long. Serge Luten has long been in a favourite of mine. I love sweet and vanilla based fragrances and think that he makes the best. Un bois Vanille stays on and I like the fact that it''s not a fragrance that everyone knows about. I''m sure you can buy his line online but I usually buy his products in France.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
This summer I was in Seattle for work and I walked into Neiman Marcus and tried on Marc Jacob''s Grass. It was wonderful; I am kicking myself for not buying it!!! I didn''t realize it was a LIMITED ED. Geez!!!!

Sparkledrops

Brilliant_Rock
My fav perfume right now is Estee Lauder''s Pleasures. Very soft and clean scent.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the Comptoir Vanilla Pineapple and the Vanilla cocoa. I love their scents, but they can be sweet if you are not careful. I also like the new Laura Mercier ones, that are scented like desserts, you can layer them. Aquolina Pink Sugar is nice, not really expensive and smells like batter. Fresh Lemon Sugar is also pretty, again that sweet dessert like scent...

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Diamond Fan, I''m glad I had the SA at Sephora make me a sample of the Comptoir Vanille Abricot. The final note of sugar candy lingers an awful long time & after a few days of "test driving" (I cannot & will not buy a fragrance unless I''ve tried it for a few days) it began to smell awfully cloying to me.

I''ll have to try flowerbomb again, still have my sample of that. Perhaps it wore off quickly because I put on lotion before hand that day. Hmmm.

Durned this is harder than I thought!

Jeannine

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happen to love Flowerbomb and I love the new Juicy, it is worth trying again. The Comptoir I have to use sparingly, it definitely can dry down very sweet...

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
just tried out the bond no. 9 scents and REALLY didn''t like ''em. to me they smelled very common and familiar -- as in i''ve smelt similar less expensive perfumes, which is bad bad bad for the price they charge! actually really happy i didn''t like -em cuz that means i''m not tempted to buy them! isn''t that a weird feeling?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/27/2006 6:54:19 PM
Author: wallermama
I wear J''Adore when I''m feeling sexy. I think the last time I wore it was about three years ago.
8.gif

Every not sexy day, I wear Lune du Miele, by Fragonard. I bought my first bottle in 1995 and now have to order it directly from France on their website. It sounds similar to this Bond perfume you mention. It''s light and lovely but warm and comfy too. It''s the kind of lovely scent I want my kids to remember hugging.

I''ll be near a Saks tomorrow...I''ll have to go give the Bonds scents the sniff test!
a girlfriend and I are going downtown to specifically hit sacs to see if I like any of these dang perfumes you mentioned in this thread for a mother''s day gift to tell my husband I want.... haha... anyway I was making a list of scents to check out and saw this and where it said "when you''re feeling sexy" and I just wanted to say that sometimes putting a scent on when we DON''T fel sexy can actually inspire feelings within us based on how we felt previously :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skin chemistry is indeed a funny thing. Some seem to dislike Chanel Number 5 and think it smells '' old'' but I wear the EDP as it is a bit more long lasting and complex smelling than the EDT, and it seems to smell good on me, Hubby loves it too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results