shape
carat
color
clarity

Any Kinkade Collectors Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Man, it has been awhile since I posted here...life is too hectic for me anymore! You give a ring, buy a house, and get a puppy and it is all downhill from there!! I love it
emteeth.gif

Anyway, I was wondering if there were any serious or semi-serious Thomas Kinkade collectors out there. I have a couple of questions concerning a purchase I just made, and thought someone could shed a little light (on the Painter of Light...hahaha!)

Let me know if your out there, and I''ll post the questions...

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I am a beggining collecter - only 1 so far, althoguh my dream is to someday have a fireplace with a space above it and 4 kinkades, one for each season, and rorate them above the fireplace :)

My starting one is a Christmas scene, it''s an older one, I got it on ebay.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I''m at number one myself, and sort of had the same vision of getting more for the seasons!

Anyway, I too purchased on ebay. The gentleman I bought from had surplus inventory from store closings in the past year or two. His price was extremely good compared to retail, so much that I am almost worried. We received the print and it looks awesome. I believe it is real, but one thing bothers me. The painting was done in 1996 (Home is where the Heart is II). It is a Publisher''s Proof Limited Edition. My concern is the dates on the back of the painting. There is a bar code dated June 2003 and another stamp on the frame for Sept 2003. I really didn''t understand this and was hoping someone could clue me in...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't answer your question I'm afraid...but I am an aspiring collector. I have one piece (Twilight Cottage) and I purchased it from a Kincade Gallery. I was a poor graduate student at the time and bought it on layaway...took months to pay for it and I was eating Ramen for dinner but I reallllllllllllllly wanted it!!! It's not the piece I'd buy if I got to do it over again today (I'm a lighthouse nut, so I'd probably go with one of those) but I still adore it. Since it's almost a "nighttime" painting and there are lights on in the house, if you get the lighting right the entire painting glows from the windows of the house. It's still begging to have a dimmer light over it so I can play with the lighting effects!! I also just looked it up online...prices have gone UP!!! Mine is a canvas and it would now cost almost triple what I paid for it all those years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results