shape
carat
color
clarity

your upgrade experiences GOG or Whiteflash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Milo

Rough_Rock
Hello- are upgrade policies as straight forward as they sound where you get dollar for dollar towards another purchase with these 2 vendors. Can you share your upgrade experiences good or bad? I am interested in a either a Whiteflash ACA or GOG August Vintage Round- the August Vintage Rounds in the color, size, clarity that I want are seemingly scarce but I need a ring asap so I was debating over purchasing one they currently have in a lower clarity and color and then upgrading to what I want when it becomes available? It''s sounds like it might be a bit of an inconvenience, but if it was a relatively painless process, I would be more than willing to embark on the journey get the diamond that I want.... I am also considering Whiteflash- they have something suitable that seems to be slightly pricier than other vendors but would buy from them for the peace of mind of upgrading in the future and their good reputation. What is your experience- I have narrowed down to these vendors but feel free to share any upgrade experiences with me- I thank you so much.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
milo, you have nothing to be concerned about with these two vendors.
I can vouch that GOG stood by - actually went above and beyond - on their policies with me.
I haven''t bought a diamond from WF, but if the policy is written on their site you can trust it.

Yes, I would say the process was completely painless and Jon at GOG did everything in his power to find me the best diamond for my budget.

hope that helps

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have done upgrades with WF and with BGD. Both were painless.

I called in a told them which stone I wanted. Then I shipped my diamond. I then showed them a copy of my invoice from my purchase of the diamond I was using towards my upgrade, or they looked up the invoice on their computer, and then they subtracted the full amount I paid from the full invoice amount of the diamond I was upgrading towards. And I paid the difference. I then waited for them to check over my original diamond and make sure it was ok, and then they shipped my new ring to me! In both cases, the whole process from when I shipped my ring off until I received my new ring was about one month.

Fictional example invoice for the upgrade:

New diamond price: + $5644.55 (this is the discounted price for PSers paying by wire)
Credit of original diamond: - $3267.56 (this was the total amount I paid after subtracting any PS/wire discounts from the advertised price)
Less original shipping: + $50.00 (some vendors charge this and others do not)
Amount owed: $2426.99

If I wanted to upgrade again with the new diamond, the credit would be $5644.55.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/1792 from GOG and then traded it in on this http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/5380/ a little over 2 years later.

Note: With GOG, you have to pay the wire transfer price on the first diamond to be eligible for the wire transfer price on the tradeup.

You send your old diamond in by registered mail, with all of the paperwork (lab reports and ISEE certificate and BrillianceScope and whatever else) that they sent you. GOG inspects the trade-in stone. I think they might deduct the cost for any re-polishing or other refurbishing, if that is required. Check with them. I had never used or set the first stone, so it went back as good as new. GOG will most likely send it out to be regraded but they don't charge you for that. But there will be a fee for setting the new diamond.

I don't recall any glitches. Everything went very smoothly and promptly.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I have upgraded my WF ACA multiple times, and it was very painless. I will probably be upgrading my stone at least one more time.

mlee980

Rough_Rock
Great topic, as I am a newbie as well. Does the trade in or upgrade apply to H&A diamonds only or any diamond that you buy elsewhere? For example if I buy a GOG and trade in to BGD or vice versa?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 12:44:58 PM
Author: mlee980
Great topic, as I am a newbie as well. Does the trade in or upgrade apply to H&A diamonds only or any diamond that you buy elsewhere? For example if I buy a GOG and trade in to BGD or vice versa?
No, it does not. You have to trade in with the vendor you bought the stone from. Choose the one you feel most comfortable dealing with, then choose the stone.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
And not all stones might have an upgrade included. Read the policies carefully. GOG offers some non H&A RBs with only 30-day warranty. White Flash ACA and ES, I believe, both have upgrade, but not the Premium Selections and not the "virtual stones" that a customer has WF call in. Make sure that you understand the vendor''s policy on that particular diamond.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
One thing to also consider is whether the vendor has stones that you''ll want to trade up to. In my mind, GOG has such a broad range of options in house - so many different cuts and so much information on their stones. I can''t think of any vendor that has as many fancy shapes in house, not to mention those August vintage cuts.

Collee

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 9:40:23 AM
Author: arjunajane
milo, you have nothing to be concerned about with these two vendors.
I can vouch that GOG stood by - actually went above and beyond - on their policies with me.
I haven't bought a diamond from WF, but if the policy is written on their site you can trust it.

Yes, I would say the process was completely painless and Jon at GOG did everything in his power to find me the best diamond for my budget.

hope that helps
I agree 110% and would without hesitation or reservation recommend GOG.

I recently upgraded from a H&A RB to an AVC.

Sept 2009
- Went to store (i live on LI) with the original stone, GIA certificate and invoice
- Stone was inspected
- Received store credit and was placed on the waiting list for an AVC

Jan 2010
- Selected an AVC, store credit was applied, price difference was paid, new invoice was received

TOTALLY seamless and painless process.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
I''m another PSers who has done a couple of upgrades with WF and it was super painless and I was well taken care of. I swithced the shape of my center stone first then I upgraded the new center and it was all hassle free. WF accomodated all my needs and were a pleasure to deal with through the whole process. I also had a deadline to meet the 2nd time and they acomodated that as well and I am over the moon happy with my upgrade. I think you''ll be ok.
I don''t have any diamonds from GOG but in the years that I have been on PS I have heard very good things about their upgrade/trade policy as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results