shape
carat
color
clarity

Yay, I did it!!! Come check out my ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greg G

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for all your support! You took me from terrified newbie to educated and satisfied customer. We just got back from a trip to Jamaica so everyone is asking her if I proposed. I didn't quite have my stuff together in time for the trip and I figured the ring would be a good cure to the post vacation blues so I'll be proposing this weekend. I have her convinced I haven’t started shopping yet so she should be very surprised! Every time it comes up I go into this whole thing about how I'm afraid I won't pick out something she'll like and that I have so much to learn. Today she told me that her best friend offered her assistance if I wanted it. It was sooo hard to not laugh out loud! It's too funny that the purchase of the symbol of our love and life together is the cause of the only dishonesty I've shown in our relationship. I think she'll forgive me though.
1.gif

Here are the pictures Christen at Good Old Gold sent me (I tried to take my own but they didn't come out so well - I can't seem to get the camera to auto focus on the ring). The pictures are great but the ring looks so much better in person. I can't wait to give it to her. I can't say enough how great everyone here has been and what a pleasure it was shopping with Johnathan and Christen at GoG. Since I live in NJ, I got to go over and play with their cool toys!

-Greg

GG PR127DSI1 finished.jpg

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Ooooh... Very very pretty. :D The more and more princess cut diamonds I see, the more I'm growing fond of them! The setting is just gorgeous.

Greg G

Rough_Rock
For the numbers freaks the diamond is:

1.27c Princess cut

Measurements: 5.87x5.85x4.37 mm

Proportions:

Depth: 74.7 % 4.37mm
Table: 67 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly thick
Culet: NONE
Crown Angle: 39.0
Crown Height: 11.6%
Pavil Angle: 60.1

Finish:
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: Good

Clarity Grade: SI1

Color Grade: D
Fluorescence: Faint

BrillianceScope:

White Light Return: High
Colored Light Return: Very High
Scintillation: Very High

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I see I was behind..you already posted the picture and story! The ring is AMAZING..a stunner. With Bscope results like those it must show relatively little princess light leakage? Congrats!

I bet if she is a girl like any other girl, she was thinking you may propose on the trip. So doing it after you get back is the right thing to do!!
1.gif
Don't keep her hanging too long...she may be thinking 'man this guy is clueless!'

3.gif

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! What a stunning ring!! I usually am not a HUGE fan of princess cuts, but this is very very nice! I am sure she is disappointed you didn't do it on your trip - but make sure you do something JUST AS MEMORABLE so she is blown away!

;-)

DancinGirl

9.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and beautiful diamond!!!!! Congrats!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. It is a bit unusual to see princess cut stones with wide shoulders set with diamonds. I like.

Greg G

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I plan to propose tomorrow or Saturday. It has to be done on the beach so I'm hoping for a bit of decent weather in NJ. My theory on proposing is that it shouldn't be done on a day that already is special (i.e. Valentines day or a vacation). I'd rather surprise her and make a regular day into a very special day. Also, I got a bit afraid to bring the ring after reading the "Flight To Cancun For Proposal?? Help Please!!" Thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/flight-to-cancun-for-proposal-help-please.4868/

Mara, here is the ideal scope picture. Not so much leakage is right!

-Greg

Princess1-27-D-SI1-IScope.jpg

Mexi

Shiny_Rock
It is gorgeous. I love that setting - a little different from the ordinary.

Good luck!!
appl.gif

ociopia

Rough_Rock
This ring is gorgeous. The diamond is such a wonderful Princess. I believe really great princess stones are hard to come by - you really were lucky - but then GOG is the BEST!

You tell Jonathan what you want - he finds it!

Congratulations.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GREG!!! How could I have missed this thread?! Getting ready to take a short excursion down to Texas (will have my laptop with me) but wanted to just say thanks to you and all the kind folk here for the nice words. Your ring and especially your stone are rare finds just like your lady.
2.gif
Glad to hear your trip went well and Christen will be giving camera lessons on Thursday nights if you're interested.
1.gif
hehe... just kidding.

All God's best,

Rhino

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greg that *is* an amazing IS image! Very impressive!
1.gif
Good job Rhino and GOG and Greg for being so discriminating!
9.gif

Greg G

Rough_Rock
----------------
Christen will be giving camera lessons on Thursday nights if you're interested.
----------------

Yea I'm interested - but there is no way I'm doing that drive again any time soon... I suspect that one key is to have a camera you can focus manually. I read the thread on taking shots of the ring and it looks like I just don't have the right camera. I have a Kodak 4800 3megapixal camera that does great most of the time but unless I'm just clueless, doesn't too close ups so well.

-Greg

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
I suspect that one key is to have a camera you can focus manually. I read the thread on taking shots of the ring and it looks like I just don't have the right camera. I have a Kodak 4800 3megapixal camera that does great most of the time but unless I'm just clueless, doesn't too close ups so well.
----------------

Greg, don't feel bad. There are few things trickier than photographing gems and jewelry. Focus is part of it, but the main problem is managing the light. It's much, much more difficult than you might think. Prominent gem and jewelry photographers often spend hours setting up a single shot. These are people who have spent long years learning the craft. And, incidentally, I don't know one of them who uses a digital camera. Most of them do everything manually, which takes an enormous amount of skill and experience. It's not something you're going to pick up over the internet.
9.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOw, gorgeous ring! I like how it curves, & is very fluid. How did you come up with the design? Was it a stock peice or did you have it custom made? Its really nice & I'm not normally a fan of princess cuts. :)

Judy
:)

Greg G

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 3/7/2003 3
6.gif
9:58 PM ccuheartnurse wrote:

How did you come up with the design? Was it a stock peice or did you have it custom made?

----------------

It was a stock piece. I found it when I visted Good Old Gold in Long Island. My girl is going to get to see it tomorrow. I can't wait!
appl.gif

-Greg

viscera912

Shiny_Rock
That is just a beautiful stone and setting!!! I am currently thinking about settings and I am curious about yours. I see that you said its custom made can you tell me more about it? Thanks

Jason

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I think you have the perfect cure for the post "Trip Blues"!! Life can be a bit surreal after a wonderful vacation. Especially some place warm in the middle of winter.

She is going to love you for this wonderful surprise. And will probably forgive you for you're little "secret"!
2.gif

Absolutely gorgeous ring!!
love.gif
She's one very lucky lady!!
appl.gif
Many pre-Congrats on your engagement!!
9.gif

Do post details of the proposal. I can't wait to hear her reaction!
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
PQ sweetie, Greg posted this in 3/2003.
9.gif

I love it when old threads get ressurected without noting 'Bumping up this old thread' and then 10 people respond....hee hee. Is it Friday yet?!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I got caught too !
eek.gif
After your warning !

skog

Rough_Rock
Sorry to resurect this old thread but i was wondering where you found that setting?

skog

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Skog,

Here's what greg said:

It was a stock piece. I found it when I visted Good Old Gold in Long Island. My girl is going to get to see it tomorrow. I can't wait!

If you read back up a few posts in this thread ccheartnurse asks the same thing, you'll see it
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results