Which ring/stone?

• 1.51 EGL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.47 GIA

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Get an 1.51 H SI1 (white small inclusions) graded by EGL, ex, ex, looks well cut in pictures HCA - 1.2 according to the angles, identified as eye clean by the vendor in a 14k white gold solitaire setting (that you prefer aesthetically).

or

1.47 H, SI2 (no magnified pictures or inclusion plot) graded by GIA without a cut grade or angles to run the cut, but looks well cut, eye clean according to the vendor, in a designer pave setting 18k, that you are not that crazy about for about $1000 more than the first ring?

My obvious gut tells me that I would rather get the GIA stone based on the fact that it is GIA alone and looks well cut, but I hate to spend the extra grand to end up with a setting that I am just so, so about.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I don't understand why the GIA has no cut grade. Is it a fancy cut?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My gut would say....keep looking... Get exactly what you want and have no doubts....

elliemay

Shiny_Rock
Mayk said:
My gut would say....keep looking... Get exactly what you want and have no doubts....

This. If you really wanted one or the other, you'd know it. Keep looking until you find something you're 100% sure about -- it's out there! :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in agreement with the keep looking. No matter how "cheap" or great the deal is... its still your money and if you aren't in love with either one - why spend on something you don't really feel comfortable with.

Wait - the right one will find you. (just like relationships!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results