shape
carat
color
clarity

Who owns the stone?

buyer2011

Rough_Rock
How do i go about finding out who owns a particular stone? I just found out that one of the stones I am liking the company I am working with does not own and because of that I lose the up grade option policy?

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Why not try the "in house " tab and see if it comes up anywhere so you could possibly work with the retailer if they own it. If it's being brought in from the cutter, it seems with the new upgrade policies you're kind of SOL.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What is your goal here: To know who owns the stone you like or to determine which stones your vendor will offer an upgrade on? The answer is different for each.

buyer2011

Rough_Rock
I want to figure out who owns the stone I am looking at online. I want to be able to upgrade it later in life.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Post a link? Where did you find it?

Most stones are virtual in that they are owned by wholesalers and any vendor can call it in and sell it to you. The vendor may or may not offer upgrade policies for it. It sounds like the one you like is one of those virtual stones. If you want one that does qualify for upgrades etc., then you likely need to look at the *vendors* in house inventory. If you provide a link to the stone you like I can help you figure out what the heck you are looking at ;)) Or link something similar if you don't want to post your stone.

buyer2011

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the help. I think you are correct in the situation. If you wouldn't mind can you email me with your email. I don't want to post it here.

**edited by moderator. we do not allow personal information to be posted on the forum**

Thank you it is much appreciated

slg47

Ideal_Rock
buyer2011|1321491598|3063326 said:
Thank you for the help. I think you are correct in the situation. If you wouldn't mind can you email me with your email. I don't want to post it here.

**edited by moderator. please do not quote posts that do not abide by the policies**

Thank you it is much appreciated

we are not allowed to post emails or personal information on PS but if you post a link to the stone then we can help you out

buyer2011

Rough_Rock
yes I agree. I have found someone willing to upgrade. Thank you all for the help.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
buyer2011|1321487428|3063278 said:
I want to figure out who owns the stone I am looking at online. I want to be able to upgrade it later in life.
The upgrade policy is not a function of who owns the stone, it's a function of who is selling the stone. Other than being unavailable, who owns it before you is irrelevant. Most of the 'virtual' stones you see listed are owned by dealers who are deliberately anonymous. They don't want to interact with the public for a variety of reasons and that's part of the reason they're selling this way. At the right price and with the right stone you might be able to find a dealer who is willing to include an upgrade progam with the bundle but don't expect it to be 'free'.

Marisa_Perry

Rough_Rock
Trade
**Edited by moderator. we do NOT allow solicitation on the forums. please read our policies regarding trade participation**

buyer2011

Rough_Rock
GIA 2131245721
View Report

is the one I was referring to. Please let me know your thoughts

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results