shape
carat
color
clarity

Who is your favorite Vendor? - (Non-Vendor ONLY Please!)

Who is your favorite vendor for purchasing a diamond?

• Blue Nile

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Union Diamond

• White Flash

• Winfield''s

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oceanbeach

Shiny_Rock

Who is your favorite vendor for purchasing a diamond? ...and why?!

Sorry if I missed some major vendors... These are ones that I know.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
James Allen has helped me so incredibly much by choosing a great diamond. He knew my budget and knew what I wanted and gave me 3 choices and said these are all really well but he would like to stear me away from one because it didn''t reflect light as well. So then he said the other two were pretty much equal and that they were both great choices. He even admited the cheaper of the two was really worth more consideration because the price was cheaper. After looking the pictures over and not looking at the prices with them I did end up choosing the cheaper one. Even when ordering it everyone was friendly. I will DEFINATELY go back to them again.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We used Mark Turnowski at EngagementRingsDirect and had a great experience with him. He is very patient, kind, and REALLY knows his stuff. And he is totally fair, and takes the time to educate you and make you feel completely comfortable with your purchase. And my ring is just gorgeous, IMO.... We will use him again when its time for my upgrade !!!!
emwink.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i got WF & GOG on my exacta ticket. they will come in 1,2
16.gif
I wish it was this easy at the horse track.
39.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
just the diamond and not the setting?

hum, WF. love those ACA''s.

dhog

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 2:25:57 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
i got WF & GOG on my exacta ticket. they will come in 1,2
16.gif
I wish it was this easy at the horse track.
39.gif

As long as the electronic ballot box doesn''t lose count
I think your right.

I think it''s alot easier to vote here than american idol.

f4fred

Rough_Rock
How many people here have had experience of more than one of these vendors?? If we have only got experience of one (or two), surely the big guys are gonna win out over the little guys due purely to this being a numbers game.
p.s. just received my ring today from Wink at Winfields (www.winkjones.com) and couldn''t be happier - fantastic service and access to unbelievable Infinity diamonds
F

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
estate sales, pawn shops, used jewelery shops! in houston texas, of course.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
forgot Gary @ diamondexpert.com

My favs in no order are GOG, Pearlmans, winkjones, diamondexpert, D.D. Designs, Michael E, my local coin and stamp place.
niceice , wf, jamesallen and a couple local pawn shops are close behind.

I depends on what im shopping for which one id pick for that item.
In terms of # of items purchased the coin and stamp shop and diamondexpert.com win.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are several vendors here I''d purchase a diamond from. mostly it would depend on who had what I was looking for in house. I will be purchasing my upgrade from Pearlmans though.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 5:56:46 PM
Author: mrssalvo
There are several vendors here I''d purchase a diamond from. mostly it would depend on who had what I was looking for in house. I will be purchasing my upgrade from Pearlmans though.
MrsS-

So you decided on the upgrade? How did I miss this? What did you decide on?
emwink.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

From the vendors listed I have only purchased from James Allen and Winfields--both were superb and I would buy from them again. Not listed, however (also) favored for his exqusite custom work, is David Keeling. Thanks for asking.

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i have purchase from....WF,GOG and Wink.
36.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased from 4 of the listed ones, but did not vote. To me it depends on the situation and what I am looking for. For the most one can do much worse that the reputable vendors here or good ones elsewhere for that matter. It comes down to feeling comfortable with the person you are dealing with and for me who has the particular stone in inventory that most closely matches what I''m looking for.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have purchased diamonds through two brick and mortar jewelers in Connecticut, one of them being Grunberger Jewelers which I still use; Diamond Brokers of Florida; the Tradeshop (an Internet website); and Blue Nile. I have also done a good deal of business in high karat gold jewelry with Pearlman's. I am giving Wink (Winfield's) a crack at making me a tennis bracelet. Whether or not I can afford what I want now, I obviously also trust Wink.

I had no problems with any of the vendors from whom I bought diamonds. Like many others who posted replies here, where I shopped would depend on what I wanted. If I ever had extra cash I would be interested in investigating Eightstar. I have corresponded with Richard von Sternberg about buying from him although I am now doing some things with Wink, who is an Eightstar dealer.

As I look at what I wrote, I doubt that this helped anyone. Well...you asked!

34.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2006 6:18:58 PM
Author: Dani

MrsS-

emwink.gif

You didn''t miss anything.
2.gif
I have decided on the upgrade but it will still be a little while until the big purchase. Don''t worry though, as soon as it happens you all will be the first to know
1.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had checked out a couple of venders, including GOG and Whiteflash. I chose Whiteflash because of their competative prices. I worked with Bob. He found me a beautiful cushion cut for me. I will definately use them again.

slyons29

Rough_Rock
I know there hasn''t been a big presence here on pricescope about them, but I have had 3 very positive, perfect projects completed with Tradeshop.com. I think that some people had expressed a lag time in when their folks get back to you, but I didn''t experience that at all. They have done 3 gorgeous custom rings for me:

1) celtic diamond and emerald anniversary ring in 14K white gold, custom made from a combination of a few designs -- for my brother-in-law to present to my sister on their 8th wedding anniversary.

lyons-celtic-done.jpg

2) Then I had to have an 18K white gold Tiffany Etoille-style double band custom ring in diamonds and sapphires (needs a serious re-polish these days)

lyons-done.jpg

3) And finally a platinum and 18K yellow gold Whiteflash-inspired antique style 3 stone ring (center yellow sapphire and and side trillions wich are shhhhh hand cut cubic!). This was my personal favorite and designed as a 35th birthday present for myself!
36.gif
I almost fainted when I saw it.

lyons-engraved-done.jpg

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
GOG is my preferred vendor when it comes to loose stones. I've purchased 5 stones from Jon over 2 years, and I am very happy with all my purchases, which is why I will buy from him again in a heartbeat.

I've also had a custom job done by Whiteflash, and I would also recommend them - they have a good track record with regards to custom jobs too. One thing I had an issue with was actually getting someone to reply to my inital email with regards to quotes. I am in Australia and it's hard to time it so I can ring them, so emails work better for me. Unfortunately, emails tend to get 'lost' in the system. I brought this up on the forum and JohnQ was very prompt in actioning on my issue. However, I recently emailed WF again for another quote and I still haven't heard back from them. It's been more than a week. So, points for good custom work, but needs work on their communications.

ETA: A few hours after my post, I was contacted by Lesley from WF. She saw my post and took the effort to go through their emails and found the one I sent requesting a quote. She also explained that the WF representative I sent my email to is no longer working there, which is why the email didn't go through to the right place. Points for customer service!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Mark Turnowski at Engagementringsdirect! I''ve purchased my 2ct engagement ring, 1 ctw eternity wedding band (just like Tiffany), my husband''s platinum band (designed to look like Christian Bauer).

I also bought my mom''s 3-stone (1.25 center with .9 sides) from him. And referred several friends who were all very pleased with their beautiful engagement rings!

I don''t remember if that was all... but Mark has been amazing to work with. He is always able to find what I want, at a price that is very reasonable.

I bought a .3ct diamond from Whiteflash last year and Bob Hoskins was just great. However, when it came time for me to buy my engagement ring, they didn''t have something in stock that matched my criteria, which was why I started working with Mark.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2006 7:19:17 PM

Date: 6/9/2006 6:18:58 PM
Author: Dani

MrsS-

emwink.gif

You didn''t miss anything.
2.gif
I have decided on the upgrade but it will still be a little while until the big purchase. Don''t worry though, as soon as it happens you all will be the first to know
1.gif
Oh good- I got scared there for a momemt- I am happy that you''ve made that touch decision, and cant wait to see the finished product! How exciting!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results