shape
carat
color
clarity

Which OEC?

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Wise Pricescopers,

Thanks to your advice, I've returned the wonky OEC, and am now trying to decide between two from Love Affair Diamonds - Grace has been lovely about putting up with my waffling. I would ordinarily want to see the stone, but I'm in the UK, so shipping back and forth is kind of a pain, so I would probably send it to be set without seeing it in person.

My favourite OECs on pricescope are the K-M ones, so I don't think I would have a problem with the M. I'm planning to have it set in a Victor Canera Emilya (assuming he's still willing :)

Thank you in advance - you guys are an amazing source of wisdom.

2.28 left, 2.26 right

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/2-25ct-old-european-cut-diamond-ags-m-vs2/

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/2-28ct-old-european-cut-diamond-dual-certed-ags-j-vs2-gia-j-vs1/

laddiamonds1.png

laddiamonds2.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the flowery pattern on the left best. Both are GORGEOUS..

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
telephone89|1452809990|3976084 said:
Tekate|1452809900|3976082 said:
+1. It also looks rounder imo.

+2 It is absolutely gorgeous! How are you planning to set the stone?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1452810565|3976087 said:

+3 that flowery J is just delightful. It will look great in the Emilya... or anything tbh. I've been sighing over that one and the M for a while now so it's really interesting to see them compared in more normal photography than the super macro shots on LAD's site.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the J is going to look much better in a halo than an M. You cannot see the color differences in pictures, but you can in real life. Both are beautiful stones, though!

Veltiesmom

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the J. I'd also be worried about the contrast in a halo with the M. I have an L OEC (which I've decided is too warm for me so I'm in the process of changing it) and I tested it against some G/H eternity bands. The contrast bugged me. I think it would be even more noticeable in a halo. I actually put this very question to Victor re: a halo, and he said if I think I'd be bugged by the contrast, it would be safest to stick with GIA J color or higher.

Edited to add: I can't tell too much from your photos, but based on Erica's photos I much prefer the flowery pattern of the J, too. And the high crown on that J is gorgeous! It's the J hands down for me.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
the facet pattern on the left is more to my liking than the right; which i think is the J coloured stone...

for an OEC, i would prefer more of the flowery pattern than what is with the J.. that stone looks more late OEC and early transitional....

HOWEVER, that is my preference.

The thing that i have learned is that the stone does actually talk to you. it sorta jumps out at you and say yes... you are my precious....:)

if pics dont do that for you, then keep looking.

if the M speaks to you more.. go for it... both are gorgeous stones...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
foxinsox|1452814936|3976109 said:
yennyfire|1452810565|3976087 said:

+3 that flowery J is just delightful. It will look great in the Emilya... or anything tbh. I've been sighing over that one and the M for a while now so it's really interesting to see them compared in more normal photography than the super macro shots on LAD's site.

+4. I love tranny looking stones, and J is my sweet spot, and whatever. What you like is what matters. But I do think I will look STUNNING in an emilya. Drool....

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I do prefer J, but the M is lovely too. At 50% more expensive, is the J worth it? Up to you!

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
phoenixgirl|1452884477|3976453 said:
I do prefer J, but the M is lovely too. At 50% more expensive, is the J worth it? Up to you!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I agree with y'all that the J is a nicer stone.

Phoenixgirl, that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out. Particularly since half the point of the ring is to have one that I can just enjoy having and wearing and--unlike my e ring--not worry too much about how many $$ I'm wearing on my hand. Additionally, since I'm in the UK, I have to pay 20% in import taxes, so that takes the price up significantly.

So I'm kind of up in the air. Side by side, it's true the J is nicer. On its own, to someone less discerning than you guys (i.e. me :angel: ), would the M be just fine in that gorgeous VC Emilya? I just want something sparkly and fun...

Feeling embarrassingly first world problem-y at the moment.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
late to the party - but I like the one on your middle finger, at least in the photos. It appears to have better light return and more surface luster.

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock
gregchang35|1452826479|3976193 said:
The thing that i have learned is that the stone does actually talk to you. it sorta jumps out at you and say yes... you are my precious....:)

These are the wisest words when it comes to picking an OEC.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results