shape
carat
color
clarity

Which half-eternity ring for a .75ct solitaire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I''m tossing up between a 2-pointer or a 3-pointer half-eternity ring to go with my .75ct solitaire. The price difference is irrelevant, but DH says if I choose the 2-pointer, I get to pick a mid-range diamond watch too!

I like the idea of a 3-pointer, but would it overwhelm my e-ring? I love the dainty look of a 2-pointer, but would it look good as a standalone? The 3-pointer is 3mm wide, the 2-pointer is 2.2mm wide. I''m sort of leaning towards the 2-pointer because it''s thinner than my wedding band, which I feel looks too chunky next to my e-ring.

Please help!!! By the way, both are shared-prong settings. My current wedding band is 3mm and I will be wearing the eternity ring with my wedding band a lot of the time.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I tried on a Ritani single shared prong eternity band with a ~.75 cushette... the diamonds in the band were 4 pointers and did not overwhelm it imo. The single shared prong is a little more delicate look than the regular shared prong, but even still... I think both 2 or 3 pointers would look great.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I''d go with the 2-pointer and get the bonus watch myself, I think. But I really don''t think you can go wrong choosing for this dilemma, babe.
2.gif

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, sera. I know it''s only a .8mm difference between both rings, but my fingers are really short so I''m trying to conserve finger real estate so they look long and slender
31.gif

Good point, Gwendolyn! More sparkles is always good
2.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/4/2007 7:20:09 AM
Author: wolftress
Thank you, sera. I know it''s only a .8mm difference between both rings, but my fingers are really short so I''m trying to conserve finger real estate so they look long and slender
31.gif

2.gif
I know what you mean about the real estate! My ring finger is a mere 2 3/4 long!
39.gif
I''d definitely go for the 2 pointers too, get the bonus watch, and see how it goes. The only way I can even attempt appear to have longer fingers is by getting acrylics done, which I hate.
29.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d go for the 3 pointer. I have one and the diamonds are very small and wouldn''t overwhelm your ering (at least I don''t think so).

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 9:23:47 AM
Author: lyra

Date: 9/4/2007 7:20:09 AM
31.gif

2.gif
I know what you mean about the real estate! My ring finger is a mere 2 3/4 long!
39.gif
I''d definitely go for the 2 pointers too, get the bonus watch, and see how it goes. The only way I can even attempt appear to have longer fingers is by getting acrylics done, which I hate.
29.gif
I just measured my ring finger and it''s only 2 1/2 long!!! Boohoo, I have finger envy for all those long-fingered gals out there. My nails are so brittle I can''t use acrylics. Maybe they''ll come up with finger plastic surgery to make our fingers look longer?

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 9:53:19 AM
Author: katiedid
I''d go for the 3 pointer. I have one and the diamonds are very small and wouldn''t overwhelm your ering (at least I don''t think so).
I went with the 3-pointer. We ordered it today. Yay!!!!! I''m also getting a non-diamond watch, which is more practical anyway considering I am so fickle about watches.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 9:16:49 PM

I went with the 3-pointer. We ordered it today. Yay!!!!! I''m also getting a non-diamond watch, which is more practical anyway considering I am so fickle about watches.
I think you made a great choice! I prefer the 3 over 2 pointers because I like when both rings are the same width. I think 3 pointers will look great with your ering and won''t overpower your ering!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 9:16:49 PM
Date: 9/4/2007 9:53:19 AM

Author: katiedid

I''m late to this thread, but I was going to vote the 3-pointers. More is more I say! Looking forward to the pics..

a

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results