shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to shop for a diamond in New York City?

aspensweets

Rough_Rock
My husband has given me a very generous budget to find my dream asscher diamond. We are going to NYC on June 10th to shop. Who are the reputable brokers I should contact? I'm sure others have asked in forums, but I'm a computer nitwit and can't locate them :)
Thanks!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kathness

Shiny_Rock
GOG diamonds are very nice with very good lifetime policies, they've got various technology that check light performance etc. But if you want to go in Manhattan... I would give Yekutiel a call from IDJ and mention pricescope....

I heard ERD is also in the city, I've never dealt with them but I have seen good reviews about them too.

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
GOG is located on Long Island, about 25 miles outside of NYC, you could take the train, I believe they are very close to the LIRR stop at Massapequa/Massapequa Park, but outside of NYC.

Engagment Rings Direct is in the Diamond District, speak with Chris.
Diamond Ideals is on W48th St, speak with Megan.

47th St is full of sharks as explained above. I would not buy cold off the street.

It is also fun while in NYC to look at Tiffany's, Cartier, Harry Winston, Van Cleef & Arpels. They are all on 5th Ave within walking distance of each other. Graff is on Madison Ave in the 60's. They have fancy colored stones the size of your eyeball!!!

Good luck and have fun.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
For asschers I would do GOG or ERD!

Goodluck and have fun shopping!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
During my trips to NYC Diamond district, I have also met with IDJewelry (on 47th street - street level) and Diamonds by Lauren (in an office building)

You could call both ahead of time, and let them know what you are looking for.

Just 2 more to add to your list! Good luck!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I'm another in the ID Jewelry camp. They're right in the diamond district, I went through Yekutiel, and they can call in diamonds with runners on the spot.

I would, however, make sure you are well versed in asschers before going it. It's easy to get distracted by the sparkles ;-). A forum user named Gypsy has a couple of good threads on what to look for regarding asschers if you do a quick search.

I haven't dealt with any other NYC vendors, but most listed in this thread are well recommended by people on the forum

:wavey: good luck!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
have to much negative experience with sharks on 47th street. so I would also stay with IDJ and Gog in long island. Just ask your questions and check in here with the details of the stone and we will help you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold is the best for fancy cuts in any shape, in my opinion. They called in great asschers for me, made me a video of the stones because I was buying from another state, and helped me choose the best one. They have a couple of cutters that cut really great asschers. I don't know of any source that does a better job of asscher selection that they do. You do have to make an appointment and tell them what you want so they can call in a couple of stones for you to choose from.

aspensweets

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the info. Every heard of 1 diamond source? reputation? I will definately give your sources a call. Was hoping to have 3 or 4 people bring in diamonds for me so I could compare.

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
If in NYC I would go to ERD for sure! Mark and Chris can be well trusted!!!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
It's hard for multiple people to bring in diamonds, because many of them have the same sources in NYC. It's probably about who you click with most (as you can see by the many reccs on the forum).

IDJ=ID jewelry, they're located on 47th st

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results