shape
carat
color
clarity

What to do with my Pear Sidestones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t know if y''all can remember my 3 stone ring with centre pear and pear sidestones. The centre pear was upgraded for a RB at Whiteflash. I now have 2 sidestones about .60ct that I will never use. I can pretty much say NEVER! The sidestones don''t picture in any future wishlists.

Any suggestions on how I might sell them. I misplaced the GIA certs but I still have the numbers to re-order the certs. The jeweller I bought them from has not been very keen on taking them back and exchanging them for something else without a small $$ loss to me.

She told me that if I had lost the GIA certs she would not take them back.

The jeweller didn''t tell me that she could re-order the certs if I had the numbers.

I found this out from Traci at Whiteflash that the certs could be re-ordered. Why doesn''t this surprise me!

This jeweller has left such a bad taste in my mouth due to this and other unprofessional remarks that I don''t want to deal with her again, on any level.

What dya''ll think I should do?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hello Sparkles!
35.gif
How about the Kristydarling and Ries Leon Setting? Or some beautiful dangly pear earrings? This thread may be helpful too
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reselling-gems-jewelry-what-can-you-expect.17952/

Sillshotheadon.JPG

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that Leon setting!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Hrmmm I would personally use them in the Leon Mege Setting or do like custom type Euro ball earrings but instead of the ball the use the pear shaped diamond that would look yummy
18.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
unless you''re wanting a 3-stone, I''d make them into the drop earrings like widgets..i think those are just stunning!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 11:10:18 AM
Author: mrssalvo
unless you''re wanting a 3-stone, I''d make them into the drop earrings like widgets..i think those are just stunning!!!
Ditto!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 11:36:07 AM
Author: Gypsy

Date: 12/14/2007 11:10:18 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Ditto!
Thritto!

Do you have the ring yet??

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2007 9:56:44 PM
Author:sparkles
Don''t know if y''all can remember my 3 stone ring with centre pear and pear sidestones.

39.gif
Why! Please tell me why you changed? This combo is my next set, so I would love to know why you changed style?

The centre pear was upgraded for a RB at Whiteflash. I now have 2 sidestones about .60ct that I will never use. I can pretty much say NEVER! The sidestones don''t picture in any future wishlists.

Any suggestions on how I might sell them. I misplaced the GIA certs but I still have the numbers to re-order the certs. The jeweller I bought them from has not been very keen on taking them back and exchanging them for something else without a small $$ loss to me.

She told me that if I had lost the GIA certs she would not take them back.

The jeweller didn''t tell me that she could re-order the certs if I had the numbers.

I found this out from Traci at Whiteflash that the certs could be re-ordered. Why doesn''t this surprise me!

This jeweller has left such a bad taste in my mouth due to this and other unprofessional remarks that I don''t want to deal with her again, on any level.

I am sorry your jeweller was silly. It is very frustrating when things like ths happen. The only good news is that you will not have to suffer any more contact with them.

What dya''ll think I should do?

Earrings! Dangle jackets would be super! mmmmmh!
30.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 12:22:57 AM
Author: widget
I had a pair of pears that I had made into detachable drops to wear with my studs. They looked great!

Here''s my thread about the concept, but I guess I never posted pics of the diamond pear drops...anyhoo you get the idea...
1.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-detachable-drop-earrings.50634/

widget
Widget! I have loved this thread of yours and think the pears would be super as little dangle jackets for sparkles! Could you please add pics to your own thread then you have a moment. I would love to see them. You are inspirational.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. You can use them as sidestones for your new honker diamond.
2. You can use them as sidestones for a COLOURED gemstone.
3. You can use them as dangle drop earrings.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2007 12:42:06 PM
Author: Chrono
1. You can use them as sidestones for your new honker diamond.
2. You can use them as sidestones for a COLOURED gemstone.
3. You can use them as dangle drop earrings.
OH!

I didnt think #1 was an option. This would work wondefully, unless of course you want a solitaire. Or depending on your setting for your RB would you consider a pear wrap a la woobug? [I tried to get a wrap, but id didn''t work out for me]

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
that doesn''t sound so unreasonable to me. you said she is willing to take them back, but at a small financial loss to you...bid vs offer. there is always a differential between a buy and a sell price.

as for duplicate certificates, yes they can be ordered, at a price. also, it isn''t quite the same as an original. they clearly say "duplicate" on them, and may send up a red flag when she tries to sell them.

enjoy your new ring!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your pears scream 2 things to me:

1. stud earrings or drops

2. a version of THIS MAGNIFICENT Tiffany BEAUTY! (My first choice)

tiffswing1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results