shape
carat
color
clarity

What's wrong with this stone?

bothanspy

Rough_Rock
I have been learning and hunting for awhile now. Looking for an engagement ring. close to 1.5 carat round. Eye clean and not yellow. My attributes that I have been trying to find a deal within:
Ideal Cut round stone
1.5 Carat
H or better color. I don't want it to appear yellow as much as possible.
VS2 or better. SI1 if it is not noticeable or prongable.
trying to stay between 10k and 12k.

I came across this one and it seems underpriced compared to some of the comparable stones on the site. I cannot figure out what is wrong with it from the picture or the certificate. I figure it isnt a mistake and I'm not educated enough to understand why it is priced as it is. Would love some advice.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-SI1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1503959.asp

Thanks a lot. This site is just a wealth of information.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reserve it. Ask for an Ideal Scope image. Ask if it is eye-clean. They may tell you it is a pricing error. Next time, don't post good deals on PS without reserving it first.

UberClaire

Shiny_Rock
"Clarity is based on clouds that are not shown." That would be my best guess.

bothanspy

Rough_Rock
Thanks. Did not think about reserve. Unfortunately, someone swooped in and reserved it. Live and learn.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Sorry! :nono: Call JA and tell them that you would like to reserve the diamond in the event that the stone is released again. The person holding it may choose to go with another stone, opening the availability of this one. Unfortunately it isn't at all uncommon for lurkers to swipe up recommended stones, it isn't nice and it goes against the nature of PS. There are lots of beauties out there, so if you'd like help in your search let us know, we'd be happy to make suggestions. =)

GMUAlum08

Shiny_Rock
wow someone swiped that in literally 10 minutes. i wonder if it was someone who saw it here? sorry man

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UberClaire|1343240906|3239843 said:
"Clarity is based on clouds that are not shown." That would be my best guess.

Yep.

Trust me, you DON'T want a stone that says "Clarity grade is based on clouds not shown." Whoever swiped it from you ( :mad: ) actually did you a favor, as the stone might be a cloudy dud.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
saa-wooop! Damn, that sucks.

Could be the angle combo too. That person did you a favor, for really.

bothanspy

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks everyone. I feel a lot less bummed about getting swiped. I will definitely be back here for more help in finding that perfect stone for her!

bagelboy

Shiny_Rock
Clarity grade is based on clouds not shown. This diamond I think has very thick clouds that impacts its light return. I am quite sure this same diamond was here about 2 months ago and the OP declined to buy it. It will be back I'll bet. 8-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results