shape
carat
color
clarity

What kind of rings are "in" this year?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
As some of you know, I am leaning heavily towards ordering the tricolor Simon G ring (infact probably going to do that this week-end). But curious to know is the colored diamonds "in" right now? Since I am going to be wearing this on my right hand, is it going to be a "Timeless" piece ?!? WOuld love to know your thougths..

Dreamer

togal

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s timeless. I love that particular ring. It incorporates many different elements -- different shades of gold, differrent colored stones. It''s delicate and has a vintage feel. I don''t think you will be making a mistake with it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO the design is definitely timeless as is the mix of the colors and how it is subtle, I love Simon G's stuff..BUT have you tried that ring on??

I was OBSESSED with the wide band rings like that until I got one and realized it did not look good at all on my hand. I was really disappointed, and I never wear it....so not sure if you have seen a wide band ring like that on your hand but just be sure it's what you really want before purchasing.

If you get it, post pictures! We don't see enough cool items like that around here!

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Thanks Mara.

Yeah, last week-end we went to Firenze and tried this ring and the flower band that they have. The flower hand is 13 mm and too big on me. But this one although looks big, it is 9 mm and looked good on my ring finer. And I have quite small hands too.. ANyways, will give it one more try this week-end at local jeweller.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooh I''m so jealous, you went to Firenze??? I drool over their site on a weekly basis....I would love to eventually be able to buy a piece from there.
5.gif

dreamer

Rough_Rock
Well, their store is not as fancy as their website.. A small store in the middle of diamond district and they don''t keep all the pieces they showcase on website too.. Obviously, they have a lot on their website. But, nice service. Luckily this ring was available to try it on..

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I feel that ring is timeless. In fact, I think it will be considered more different and envied as time goes on and pink diamonds become even rarer. I have wanted a ring with pink diamonds for so long myself.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree it''s definitely a timeless piece. Very pretty. Good luck deciding. I adore Simon G but my hands are too small for a wide band.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I own that ring. (In fact, that is my picture you posted. Would have been nice to have been given credit for it or asked.) Anyway, I love the ring and think it is a timeless, classic design with an antique feel to it.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 4:25:40 PM
Author: dreamer

Yeah, last week-end we went to Firenze and tried this ring and the flower band that they have. The flower hand is 13 mm and too big on me. But this one although looks big, it is 9 mm and looked good on my ring finer. And I have quite small hands too.. ANyways, will give it one more try this week-end at local jeweller.
The tricolor ribbon ring is one of my favorite Simon G bands. I own the wide flower band in white gold with blue sapphire flower which I had purchased before I ever saw the ribbon. It sure would be pretty in pink and white gold with pink diamonds!

The flower ring is super wide and would be difficult for most people to wear. Both are beautiful rings. If the narrower ring is more comfortable, I''d definitely go with it. Either way, the woarkmanship of Simon G is very nice. You won''t be disappointed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
MA...what happened to your signature that requested that people ask to use your pictures? As a posting newbie, maybe dreamer wasn''t aware of your history. You may want to re-add the siggy back to avoid future confusion!!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
MA:

My perspective after reading your post is that I feel you need to stop sharing your pictures here if you find it so stressful to see them being reposted without crediting you, or receiving your approval. I do understand your perspective, but it is just not viable or realistic on a busy diamond forum where everyone loves the easily accessible eye candy.

This is a beautiful ring that begs to be shared with others, and although regulars here know not to use your photos without your permission, newbies like dreamer would have no idea of past discussions regarding your preferences in this regard, and may therefore feel reluctant to repost any pictures at all.

ETA: I was back and forth from the computer to the kitchen while writing this post and didn't realize Mara had already addressed the issue.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 7:38:53 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
I own that ring. (In fact, that is my picture you posted. Would have been nice to have been given credit for it or asked.) Anyway, I love the ring and think it is a timeless, classic design with an antique feel to it.
How are newbies supposed to know your displeasure about posting pics of your rings. I think you need to add that to the bottom of your posts again. You are the only member that I know of that gets mad when people post pics of your rings. You post pics here for all to see and admire. I feel that if you don't want pics to be posted by other's you need to say that loud and clear as you did before. Me, people post pics of my rings all the time and I am truly happy that they do. I just don't get it.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 9:38:19 PM
Author: kaleigh

Date: 5/18/2006 7:38:53 PM
How are newbies supposed to know your displeasure about posting pics of your rings. I think you need to add that to the bottom of your posts again. You are the only member that I know of that gets mad when people post pics of your rings. You post pics here for all to see and admire. I feel that if you don''t want pics to be posted by other''s you need to say that loud and clear as you did before. Me, people post pics of my rings all the time and I am truly happy that they do. I just don''t get it.
I agree.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
By request, my signature has been changed.

Dreamer has been here 3 years, so not a newbie. Regardless, previously, I did not like people sharing pictures of my rings on threads asking for things such as "Show me YOUR halo ring", "Show me your Whiteflash ring", etc., before I could even have a chance to show them myself. Here, my photo was used without even acknowledging that it was my photo or my ring. I really don''t care if no one else minds if their photos are use. I DO! I''m not here to cause a controversy. I stated my opinion about my photo, and the posters question. And I''m done with this thread.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
back to the main subject, though, I LOVE THAT RING.

And I think it would be a thing of beauty to enjoy for a long time to come.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:04:08 PM

Dreamer has been here 3 years, so not a newbie. Regardless, previously, I did not like people sharing pictures of my rings on threads asking for things such as ''Show me YOUR halo ring'', ''Show me your Whiteflash ring'', etc., before I could even have a chance to show them myself. Here, my photo was used without even acknowledging that it was my photo or my ring. I really don''t care if no one else minds if their photos are use. I DO! I''m not here to cause a controversy. I stated my opinion about my photo, and the posters question. And I''m done with this thread.
what a ridicuous egomaniac.........this is a public forum for heavens sake. i think it is absurd to acknowledge that something is someone''s ring or photo. her silly photo says it all. If you are that uptight why are you even on a public forum. oh i guess we know why............................EGO. We dont care! lighten up...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry... not one for controversy. But REALLY had to weigh in. Yes the picture is yours. Your copyright, if you want to be picky about it (and you clearly do), IF you personally took that pic. Then you have a say in where it gets posted.... And if it is of your actual ring... then also fine.

But it's not a custom design. You don't own it... it belongs to Simon G. If this was your custom design creation excecuted by a jeweler for you... and you worked it out with him that YOU would own the rights to the design... I could see the fuss... but please. She posted it to show us... there's no monetary gain... she just did it to illustrate a point. It's a ring anyone can see at any Simon G retailer... You look ridiculous standing there with a stick up your arse over this.

Dreamer has been here 3 years, so not a newbie. Regardless, previously, I did not like people sharing pictures of my rings on threads asking for things such as 'Show me YOUR halo ring', 'Show me your Whiteflash ring', etc., before I could even have a chance to show them myself. Here, my photo was used without even acknowledging that it was my photo or my ring. I really don't care if no one else minds if their photos are use. I DO! I'm not here to cause a controversy. I stated my opinion about my photo, and the posters question. And I'm done with this thread.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:10:01 PM
Author: dbgaap
back to the main subject, though, I LOVE THAT RING.

And I think it would be a thing of beauty to enjoy for a long time to come.
I think it''s stunning... and I think tri-colors endure in terms of fashion ins and outs. Very classic. Again... Cartier.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:28:41 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sorry... not one for controversy. But REALLY had to weigh in. Yes the picture is yours. Your copyright, if you want to be picky about it (and you clearly do), IF you personally took that pic. Then you have a say in where it gets posted.... And if it is of your actual ring... then also fine.

But it''s not a custom design. You don''t own it... it belongs to Simon G. If this was your custom design creation excecuted by a jeweler for you... and you worked it out with him that YOU would own the rights to the design... I could see the fuss... but please. She posted it to show us... there''s no monetary gain... she just did it to illustrate a point. It''s a ring anyone can see at any Simon G retailer... You look ridiculous standing there with a stick up your arse over this.

Dreamer has been here 3 years, so not a newbie. Regardless, previously, I did not like people sharing pictures of my rings on threads asking for things such as ''Show me YOUR halo ring'', ''Show me your Whiteflash ring'', etc., before I could even have a chance to show them myself. Here, my photo was used without even acknowledging that it was my photo or my ring. I really don''t care if no one else minds if their photos are use. I DO! I''m not here to cause a controversy. I stated my opinion about my photo, and the posters question. And I''m done with this thread.
ditto....how silly and frankly ...bizarre.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okey doke, here is my last comment I promise. That picture looks like one a vendor would send you. Like a stock photo. Not like it''s a personal pic you took of it on your HAND. Or one with it on flowers as many do take and post on here. So how is one to know it''s your personal photo?? I''m not saying it isn''t.
2.gif
I fully understand we can''t post your pics, but to me I can certainly see a fine line here. That ring can be found on many websites. PS is about helping people. They can''t contact you directly. If they start a thread saying MA, I love your such and such ring, can I post a Pic?? Could take a long time for you to respond. People here are trying to help with pics quickly. Just my take on it. And no, I''m not into getting into controversy either.
2.gif
You have clearly stated your wishes and they will be respected. I just wanted you to see where I am coming from.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember who it was on here, but they put their name on all the pictures of their jewelry. Suzy something?

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Here is the pic from Firenze. Perhaps this will appease some people that want to lay claim to a mass produced ring.
20.gif

BTW dreamer, I think it is gorgeous and I say go for it!

2-4.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 1:27:44 AM
Author: ilovesparkles
Here is the pic from Firenze. Perhaps this will appease some people that want to lay claim to a mass produced ring.
20.gif

BTW dreamer, I think it is gorgeous and I say go for it!
it is a lovely design!

togal

Shiny_Rock
Hey, this thread would appeal to that "Cal alum" guy who was hoping for more "contentious" exchanges! Okay, just trying to lighten things up.
9.gif
I agree that it''s not a custom ring....anyone can purchase it and only Simon G has the copyright on it. This forum is for helping others. If that''s not the intention of posting pics, and the pictures are so exclusive, then wy bother posting pictures in the first place? The internet is a difficult medium to control....and so not suited for certain personality types. Regardless, the ring is gorgeous and the picture inspired me..... I think I might just pay a visit to Firenze''s myself when I go to New York in the fall (the hotel we booked is on 45th & Madison....just a few blocks away.....ca-ching$$$$!![$$)]).

togal

Shiny_Rock
I also wanted to add that it is useful and does serve a definite purpose to be able to see the "real life" ring (in a virtual sense, of course), as compared to the professional pics on the jewellers website. So, although MA is annoyed, the pic was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results