shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this BG piece

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My great uncle passed away and wanted to get my mother and daughters something special. When my grandmother died, this uncle had dozens of bird of paradise flowers at her funeral. What if I get the flowers of paradise jewelry piece for my mother?

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-earrings/studs/flowers-of-paradise-earrings-14k-white-gold-5941w14

His nickname was Stud, so maybe the earrings instead is the pendant? If so, what size should the center stone befor each ear?

still open to suggestions for DDs. Leaning towards heart solitaire studs for one DD.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's a rather pretty setting. Keep in mind though that you will likely need to purchase centre stones as well so add another $1500 or so on top of the setting.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Staceyjan,

My condolences to you and your family over the loss of your Great Uncle. I remember your recent thread about your Great Uncle, the special lady in his life, and your role in his gift of a beautiful diamond necklace to this woman. Thanks to you, this lovely lady has a visual reminder of your Great Uncle in addition to her cherished memories. You've got a good heart and are a thoughtful person; whatever you choose will be wonderful. I hope you don't mind me saying that.

My only suggestion would be to consider what might be enjoyed most by your Mother. Its personal preference only but, for myself, a pendant (or ring) is something that I could look at and enjoy while wearing it. It feels great to wear a beautiful pair of earrings, but I don't get to see them sparkle and catch the light unless I'm looking in a mirror.

I'm sure you'll choose items that are perfect for each recipient. :))

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you bm-fang and December fire!

That was so sweet of you, December fire to remember my previous post and for your condolences. We have been through so much these last three months and all at peace, now. This forum has been a great distraction and I have learned so much.

So true about seeing something...I look at my bracelets and rings so much more than my necklaces. Maybe a bracelet would be a good idea and she could leave it on all the time. She just stopped wearing rings (had a stroke and is having issues w one hand and lost weight). I like the idea of a bracelet since I can just put it on her once and that is it. She also lost one diamond stud already, so that is another reason not to do earrings. Maybe DBTY bracelet? I am open to suggestions.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Decided to go with DBTY bracelet. Now, just need to decide what size pointers. I know I am going to do 5 stones and thinking about .20 points each. Any opinions? I have 2 DBTY that are 10 pointers each and also with 5 stones each and I am having the shrinkage issue. My mom does love mine and may give her the 10 pointer and I would keep the other. Hmmm...she's really would never know and it would be a win/win.

totallyfree

Shiny_Rock
Love the idea of a DBTY bracelet! Can't help you on stone size, but it already sounds beautiful! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StaceyJan, I am so sorry about your Great Uncle. My condolences to you and your family.

Staceyjan said:
Decided to go with DBTY bracelet. Now, just need to decide what size pointers. I know I am going to do 5 stones and thinking about .20 points each. Any opinions? I have 2 DBTY that are 10 pointers each and also with 5 stones each and I am having the shrinkage issue. My mom does love mine and may give her the 10 pointer and I would keep the other. Hmmm...she's really would never know and it would be a win/win.

I don't have an educated opinion regarding this since I don't own or wear a DBTY bracelet but think about the comfort of such a bracelet. The larger the stones the more it might irritate your wrist. I know it is tempting to get larger diamonds (and believe me DSS is real and I suffer from it too LOL) but if something isn't comfortable it won't be worn. One of the main reasons in general I am not a bracelet fan. I don't like the way it feels. Having said that most people love wearing bracelets but I just wanted to mention the size of the diamonds on a DBTY bracelet might affect its comfort. Good luck and I cannot wait to see what you choose. :appl:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's stroke. Hopefully, she'll regain some use of her hand. My Mom had a stroke and had issues with one arm (as well as some other issues resulting from the stroke), but has regained use of that arm thanks to physiotherapy.

A bracelet is a great idea! I see no reason not to give your Mother a bracelet you already own, given that you know she loves it.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1488424455|4135433 said:
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your Mother's stroke. Hopefully, she'll regain some use of her hand. My Mom had a stroke and had issues with one arm (as well as some other issues resulting from the stroke), but has regained use of that arm thanks to physiotherapy.

A bracelet is a great idea! I see no reason not to give your Mother a bracelet you already own, given that you know she loves it.

I am also sorry about your mother, too. I did not finalize this yet and need to do so, therefore, I think I need to pull the trigger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results