shape
carat
color
clarity

What cut is the centre diamond please? - photo attached

Dster

Rough_Rock
The photo is not very clear, but it's the best the seller could give me. What cut is the centre diamond please? She says it's very old, not much to go by!

img_15234.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dster

Rough_Rock
Tyty thanks for your reply. Looking at the new photos & the ones you posted it looks like you are right.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I see a little tiny culet in the last picture posted, but not sure. :think: It could be an OEC/Transitional, but definitely hard to tell in those pics. Can you ask the seller to take an up close picture in indirect natural lighting, near a window but not with direct light hitting it? Or perhaps up close with the ring setting on a window sill, facing in?

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think it's an early 58-facet round brilliant, cut with very low standards.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tourmaline|1488027792|4133431 said:
I think it's an early 58-facet round brilliant, cut with very low standards.

My best guess too given the pics shared. If you don't mind sharing, what exactly are you looking for and what is your budget? Maybe PSers can help you find a nicer diamond/ring.

Here is a (slightly similar) lovely ring that a PSer shared yesterday that is for sale. Watch the video to see it in action.
http://www.beladora.com/store/510135_harry_winston_sunflower_diamond_ring_in_platinum_small

Dster

Rough_Rock
Thankyou very much for your replies. I knew as soon as I saw "better photos" of the diamond that it wasn't for me. I was trying to help the seller out by letting her know what cut diamond she was trying to sell. (Her ad read "very old diamond ring for sale").

Anyway, I am searching for diamonds for a bracelet project. I'm in no hurry as it's going to take a awhile to buy the diamonds I need, & to save for them, however if the right stones appear I will buy them. I am looking for an OEC for the centre (about 6mm, I'm guessing with a wonderful floral facet pattern, budget $2500max, 2 pear diamonds for either side (maybe antique or rose cut, budget undecided), and then the rest will be round diamonds, cut undecided. It will sort of be like a tennis bracelet in style, maybe bezel set, in white gold or platinum.

I keep my eye daily on many resale sites, grace, owd, good old gold, I'm sure the right diamonds will appear at some stage.

Thankyou all very much. All the support & advice you give is amazing. I really enjoy reading about everyone's journeys & seeing the end results. Hopefully I can post mine one day.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet sounds interesting...I hope you will come back and post more of your journey as you get closer to having it make!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results