shape
carat
color
clarity

Wearing gold with platinum??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I recently got engaged and my ring is platinum. I''ve been searching for wedding bands lately and came across this beautiful band, however it is made of gold. I remember hearing somewhere you shouldn''t wear the two together. What is the reasoning behind this?

here''s the band i love: it''s fay cullen

faycullenband.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen it written here, too, but I will tell you that my mother has worn a wg diamond anniversary band with her platinum rings for over 20 years and there haven''t been any issues. I think the theory would say that the platinum ring would wear down the gold one, but all gold rings wear down over a long period of time if worn with another gold ring.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is a REALLY cute and unique ring! I''ll have to check out the Fay Cullen site. . .

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i''ve been wearing my platinum shared-prong eternity band with my white gold ering for a few months now. my two white gold rings scratched each other within a month of wear, and i have yet to notice anything with the platinum against gold. just to be safe, though, i don''t wear the two together everyday. i''m hoping to upgrade to a platinum ering setting, but that won''t happen for a long time. it seems a shame to not wear my ering, though.

i would be more concerned about diamonds scratching platinum/gold prongs, which i''ve seen happen on PS.

i like fay cullen band, it looks like it would go well with your ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results