shape
carat
color
clarity

Video Conference Opportunity With Wink!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Hi folks. It has been awhile (again), but I wanted to stop by and tell you about the great experience I had today.

I am in the market for a Richard Homer cut gemstone, so I got in touch with our resident connection Wink to see what I could do. Wink let me know that we could do this video conference via the web based on software that was first used here on Pricescope. I''m not sure who else is using it, and I don''t know why it disappeared from the forums, but it was a truly amazing experience. Wink was actually able to talk to me on the phone (and I''m sure if I had the proper equipment - cam, mic, etc. it could have all been done online) and show me some of the great gemstones he has in stock in a real time video conference.

I don''t know how widespread this type of thing will get, but I think it is a pretty amazing feature for customers. We all start off weary buying online (esp. with the large purchases we make in the jewelry world!). The video conference helped me see what I would be getting without being there. Pictures are great, but are not a substitute for seeing a stone live. The video conference may not be a substitute either, but it is a big step forward. Wink was able to show me the stones, explain what I was seeing, and even made note of where the camera was not picking up traits quite like he was seeing in front of him with his own eyes.

If anyone is a serious looker and has the opportunity to work with Wink, or anyone else with this technology, I strongly recommend you try it. It may give you an extra advantage when looking at diamonds or gemstones! Also, kudos to Leonid and Pricescope for bringing these possibilities to us. What a top notch place this has and always will be!

Ps - I wanted this post to get as much exposure as possible. If it needs to be moved to a more appropriate forum, please feel free!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great News!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi again, Wonka, long time no see. Good for you using this tool, which will hopefully resurface. Kudos are deserving, but not sure if you know the mantle has passed on; Sergey is the new host.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just did this very recently with Wink to check out the Richard Homer''s rough to be sure it''s the one I want. It was a great experience to be able to see the stones as I am talking to Wink, almost as though I was in his office. This is a great tool to quell a nervous online customer. Of course, Wink and Richard can never steer me wrong - I love the end product.
9.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Regular Guy -

It is an excellent tool, one I would hope maybe all vendors could use in the future. It really makes looking a little more easier! I just wanted to bring this to the attention of new researchers, and even veterans of the ''scope that haven''t had the opportunity to check it out!

Oh...btw...Wink was great to talk to. I have emailed him many times, but yesterday was the first time talking to him. I had a great time talking with him about diamonds, gemstones, and just anything else that came up! Great guy without a doubt!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 12:42:08 AM
Author: Regular Guy
.... but not sure if you know the mantle has passed on; Sergey is the new host.
It''s Andrey, Ira........Andrey is the new PS Admin.
9.gif

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 8:25:10 AM
Author: Chrono
I just did this very recently with Wink to check out the Richard Homer''s rough to be sure it''s the one I want. It was a great experience to be able to see the stones as I am talking to Wink, almost as though I was in his office. This is a great tool to quell a nervous online customer. Of course, Wink and Richard can never steer me wrong - I love the end product.
9.gif
Chrono -

You took all the words right out of my mouth!
2.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you for your kind words, and you too Chrono.

That wonderful tool really does take a lot of the uncertainty out of buying on line.

I am very pleased to have been part of Leonid''s first group of users, and look forward to using this tool for many years to come.

Wink

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, new avatar Wink!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2007 8:29:08 AM
Author: aljdewey

Date: 7/26/2007 12:42:08 AM
Author: Regular Guy
.... but not sure if you know the mantle has passed on; Sergey is the new host.
It''s Andrey, Ira........Andrey is the new PS Admin.
9.gif
BWAH! All those Russian names sound alike.
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results