shape
carat
color
clarity

Upgrade to My First/New Diamond Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I loved my pendant. But the only time I saw that beautiful ACA diamond was when I was looking in the mirror. I never had a diamond e-ring. I''ve always worn an Emerald center set ring. I began playing with the idea of mounting the diamond in a ring. I would take off the necklace and lay the diamond on my finger. The diamond had much more life and fire on my finger than it did on my neck. The 6mm size of the 3/4 carat diamond was a bit small on my hand. So, I went out and tried on rings to get an idea of the physical size that would look best. Being tall (5’ 9”), with long hands and fingers, rings with diamonds around 7mm diameter looked great on my hand.

After looking at specs and prices on PS, I knew the only way to get a larger diamond within my budget was to upgrade. I called Lesley at White Flash and asked how the Upgrade Policy worked. Lesley explained that WF would verify my diamond was undamaged and then credit me the full amount of my original purchase toward the new ring. So, I packaged up my pendant and shipped it back to WF. While my pendant was in transit, Lesley and Brian discussed different diamonds with me. Brian was very excited about a particular diamond and he emailed me pics and an IS image. The pics and the IS were fabulous, so I decided to go with it.

I really want to thank Mara, ALJDewey, Giangi, and Colored Gemstone Nut for all their advise, insight, knowledge, and guidance during the stone selection process.

My first diamond ring! A 1.26 carat, ACA diamond set in the platinum Heavy Shank Half Bezel by LE.

PQ1.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Another pic!

PQ2.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
One more pic that I shot. I'll post more pics in the Show Me the Ring Forum.
1.gif

BoxShot012404.JPG

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to say that congratulations! Your new ring is really beautiful. I LOVE that setting -- it's very unique and it's going to look great on your finger.

Enjoy!

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats PC that is one gorgeous ring, but ...

we want to see it on your hand!

All the best, and may you always wear it in health and love!

win

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
PQ, congradulations on your 1st diamond ring. I can imagine how exciting it must be for you. I think any new piece is exciting! I can' t wait to see it on your finger!

Is that the exact same setting it will be in?

edited:

ooops.. my message came in after you posted more pics..!!

Lovely setting!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very nice results - glad to see the end result!

Enjoy that ring, girl!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
pq...Congrats on a beautiful ring! And I don't blame you for wanting a ring where YOU can enjoy the stone, not just others!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beauuutifffulll. I am not a bezel person but that is really a stunning ring. Shows off the diamond perfectly!
1.gif
Looks amazing on the hand too, very substantial and the bezel makes the stone look bigger which of course you know I LOVE!
1.gif

Kudos to Brian and Lesley @ WF for a job very well done and advise well given!
1.gif

Wear it in great health!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I feel like ALJDewey!! It's HUGE and I keep catching myself looking at it!!
love.gif

PQCHandShotb.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Look at those arrows! Look at that fire!

I know just what you mean about the pendant, PQ. I did the same thing myself. My grandmother gave me her engagement diamond set in a pendant when I graduated from college, many many years ago, and I basically never wore it. Then, around when I got engaged, I became interested in diamonds & I found myself wrapping the chain around my finger as if my pendant was a ring. I finally went and had it set in a ring. Now I wear it all the time, often with my grandmother's wedding band. It's so much fun to watch it sparkle--which you can't do when it's sitting on your neck, right?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/26/2004 5:49:43 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

I feel like ALJDewey!! It's HUGE and I keep catching myself looking at it!!
love.gif

----------------
You mean the hand, right?
naughty.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Again, on your hand it looks wonderful PC!

I love that low semibezel setting!

win

aneelcon

Shiny_Rock
beautiful ring. I remember your pendant too. That was beautiful. The pic looked too perfect. Wear it in good health.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
pq!

That is gorgeous!!! It is big, firey, and sparkley!!!
10.gif
And so pretty on your hand!
Your are giving me ideas for my pendant already, and I just had it set!
9.gif

Enjoy it, and congratulations!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I'm wearing it on my LEFT hand!! HeeHee!!
love.gif
Thank you, Thank you all for the wonderful words and compliments.

I really have to Thank Brian Gavin, though. When Brian suggested this diamond for a platinum ring, it really went beyond my comfort zone. Brian said it would be Fabulous. Lesley said it would be Fabulous. The whole time I was waiting on the ring, I kept telling myself, "Trust Brian. Trust Lesley." I trusted them and they were right!

Tonight after dinner, hubby was across the room and remarked at how much the diamond sparkled. I didn't believe him. Sooo, he took the ring from me, put it on his pinky, sat in the chair I'd been sitting in, and told me to go across the room to where he had been. I did and he gently rolled my ring around on his hand. I was 15' or 20' away from him and could not believe the flashes of color, light, and fire. Greens, blues, reds, the colors of the rainbow and white light were splashing all over the place.

Brian put together the WF Copyright montage. That is my ring in the montage!
2.gif

Diamond Stats:

1.264 carat, J, VS2, A Cut Above from White Flash

7.03-7.04 x 4.26mm

Table - 55%

Total Depth - 60.5%

Crown - 15.5%, 34.8 degrees

Pavillion - 42.9%, 40.8 degrees

Girdle 1.1-1.4%

HCA - 1.3, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/Ex

Here's the uncropped version of the hand pic. Ugly old hand but Beautiful ring!
1.gif

HandPicPQC.JPG

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
PQC, I'm so happy for you!!! Usually bezels are not my flavor either, but yours is *very* eye catching. Whiteflash did a super job in setting it. Enjoy and do wear it well. Oh, and keep your eyes on the road when you're driving.
10.gif
That reflection can be blinding.
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That thing looks SO WHITE...can't believe it's a J.
2.gif

Didn't Brian pull an 'I' color and note that this J seemed whiter? How right he was!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
That's what Brian said, Mara. It faced up whiter than an I.
6.gif

Brian had my H and this J side by side when we were chatting on the phone. Brian told me he saw the slightest, barely noticible color difference between the H and the J. Brian said he doubted I would notice a color difference when I got the ring. Then he bet me that I would love it or he would buy me a plane ticket to Houston to come to WF.

Guess I won't be going to Houston.
sad.gif
Cause I absotively, posilutely luv my ring!
love.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/26/2004 8:06:19 PM Kamuelamom wrote:

PQC, I'm so happy for you!! Oh, and keep your eyes on the road when you're driving.
10.gif
That reflection can be blinding.
9.gif
----------------

I've already been thru that, K-Mom! Flashes of color and light all over the place while driving! It can be quite distracting!! In a good way!!
4.gif
3.gif
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! I love how you kept with the half bezel concept. It's sort of your signature style.
1.gif

And I agree with you...necklaces are nice, but you don't get to enjoy them. I'm a ring lover for that reason. (That's why I decided it was better to upgrade my ring than accumulate various jewelry pieces.) Enjoy it. I bet you're still staring at the flashes a year from now!

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
Very beautiful ring! I could not believe it when I read it was a J! Congratulations !

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Yep, Sky, it's a J. And no Yuck Yellow. No Yuck Brown. It is WHITE, WHITE, WHITE!!! Brian Gavin is kinda like E.F. Hutton. When Brian Gavin talks, you really should listen. He said this diamond would be Fabulous and it is!!
9.gif
And HUGE, to me anyway!
16.gif

Just had to post one last pic. The Ideal Scope Image!
love.gif

IdealScopePQC.jpg

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/26/2004 9:01:26 PM lop wrote:

What a beautiful ring! I love how you kept with the half bezel concept. It's sort of your signature style.
1.gif

And I agree with you...necklaces are nice, but you don't get to enjoy them. I'm a ring lover for that reason. (That's why I decided it was better to upgrade my ring than accumulate various jewelry pieces.) Enjoy it. I bet you're still staring at the flashes a year from now! ----------------

Thanks much, Lop!
1.gif

I haven't had very good luck with prongs in the past. I've had them bend, break (lost a stone or 2 over the years), and they always seem to snag on something. That's why I grew to love the half bezel set. It's smooth, classic, and elegant. So I guess it has become my signature style!
2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
PQC, you are like me, that is we acquired our diamonds way late in our marriages (and post kids too
2.gif
). What that does for me is makes me love it and appreciate soooooo much, especially since I know that with the help of the online education I got the best we could afford for our budget. Sure I've had my mom's ring I'd been wearing, with is so special to me too, but having *my* own, from *him* representing *our* marriage. Wow. That's some special stuff.
appl.gif

Again, congratulations!

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations PQ, that's really a beautiful ring. I didn't know that this is your first diamond ring. Some things are certainly waiting for. I know everyone has already said this, but I can not believe this stone is a J!
I hope this puts to rest blanket statements about stones in this color range looking "yellow." Your new lovely really looks white and boy is it a great size! Love the arrows and that's some fire!
10.gif
love.gif
Yay PQ!!
appl.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful ring! Congratulations! And what a great size too!

Generally, I haven't been the biggest fan of the half-bezel, but after seeing your amazing pendant, it made me investigate setting my own stone like that (in the end, I went with a basket setting so it would match my sister's).

I'd always wondered how your new ring setting would look and feel in real life whenever I browsed the WF settings. So, how does it feel? Very substantial, like the rock?
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous... And white, white, white!
2.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results