shape
carat
color
clarity

To Halo or not to Halo? OMC 1 ct stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dave,

Just noticed this:) Well, my boyfriend has completely and totally put me in the dark about the time of arrival, so I don''t know. And it''s driving me a little crazy. I was hoping to at least see the pictures from Leon''s studio, which I bet have been sent to him by now
7.gif

As far as the single cut stones, I think we decided not to go with them. Weird thing was that Leon didn''t even bring up the option of single cut stones when we talked to him, but we probably woudl have gotten them if he recommended them. But since he didn''t recommend them, we''re not getting them. I did ask my bf about maybe calling Leon and requesting single cuts after reading your thread, but we decided that (1) it was probably way too late to do that since he had already started making the ring, and (2) if he didn''t recommend them, maybe he thought it wasn''t necessary. Honestly, I am a bit worried that we didn''t get the single cut, but I have decided to just trust our previous decisions and go with the flow.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Roxy,

I am sure your ring is going to be amazing, regarding the single cuts it really isn''t a big difference, most people can''t even tell unless you look at it up close. If Leon didn''t suggest em then he probably felt it would look better with full cuts.

-Dave

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Just an update

The ring is being set now so it should be finished soon!!!

It is going to be my OMC with a small airline cushion halo and three-side pave on the shank.

Can''t wait to get the ring so I can finally propose!!

-Dave

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh this is so exciting!!! When will you have it? Do we get pictures? Good Luck!
36.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
SO EXCITING!!!!!!!! Don''t forget to post TEN MILLION pictures and tell us your proposal story pleeeeeeeeease!!!!
9.gif
12.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! I can''t wait to see the ring! I''ve been anticipating this one for awhile. Good luck on that proposal!!

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
OH MY GOSH! Please share photos ASAP - I am dying to see them!

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the encouraging comments everyone. Originally Leon said the ring would be done by May 10th but. . . . his last email seemed like it might be sooner as the ring was already in the process of being set. Anyways I can''t wait and I promise I will post a ton of pics as soon as I get the ring.

Thanks Agian,
Dave

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Just got an email from Leon the ring could be done as soon as tommorow!!!!
(under scheduall I might add only a little over 4 weeks instead of 6 (MAY 10th he orig. said it would be done)

but. . . . my first of six law school exams begin on thursday, I really souldn''t drive into the city to pick it up but How can I not????? I do want to graduate though. . ..

Anyways looks like I should be on schedual for the May 15th proposal.

I will explain it all later but now I really gotta "hit the books" so I can get into the city tommorow!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh how exciting. study hard and I can''t wait to see this ring..

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Study study study so you can pick up that beautiful ring!!!
36.gif
Good luck on exams!!!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooooh, I can''t wait!!!
39.gif
5.gif

Here''s hoping that you get all your studying done and get into the city to get that ring!!! Good luck on your exams!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
SO excited!!!!! Dying to see this creation. Old OMC+Leon+airline halo+pave=SERIOUS BLING ENVY!!!!!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
what''s an airline halo
33.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
THanks everyone for your support

Marvel a halo is a ring of small stones surounding the center stone like a halo
17.gif
. The airline means there is a small area inbetween where the center stones and the surrounding halo stones where there is nothing but air. Like one circle inside of another but with a little sliver of air seperating the two.

-Dave

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 5:09:52 PM
Author: marvel
what''s an airline halo
33.gif

no airline: bezeled stone/diamond halo no gap/space

1807F.JPG

airline: gap/space b/t stone and halo

DSC06469.JPG

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Ok just warning that a silly question is coming.
First I have decided I can''t wait and I will study all night if need be so I can pick the ring up tommorrow.

Ok here it is does Loen have a ring box for you or should I pick one up and if he does does it have the cool antique tool logo on it?
-I know not important in the least but I guess its a guy question.

Oh lastly I am going to need to ask leon to send me pics becuase I have yet to fingure out how to take a decent picture myself with my somewhat dated digital camera. But I promise I will post a bunch after thea actual proposal on the 15th.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi FamilyStone,

Congrats on your new ring! Leon''s ring comes in a box, it''s a cardbordish black and orange one (a half circle one...so not a traditional box) with no logo or anything on it. My boyfriend liked the box a lot but he made one for me out of wood for the proposal. I use the box for daily storage of my ring. Hope that helps!

Ally

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Ally: thanks for the info

I actually took a study break to drive into the city to pick up the ring and it came out exactly the way I wanted it too!!!

Now I can''t wait to get through theese finals and propose. Anyways, I don''t have any pics yet becuase I don''t have a capable camera (plus litterally no time) but. . . Leon''s assistant snapped off a bunch and they said they are going to email me the pics soon.

Thanks Again everybody for your interest

-Dave

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Dave. I''m so glad it turned out how you''d hoped. Your fiancee to be in only lucky lady. I cannot wait to see the pics
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you love the ring! I just know I''m going to love it too - can''t wait to see the email pics!!!!
36.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thank you again everyone, sorry no pics yet from leon . . . so it looks like I have to wiat until tommorow. I was really hoping that they might have came in tonight to show you all.

Anyways, I have an exam at 12:00 but I promise to post at least one as soon as I get it.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
here is one I couldn''t resist

NY_4.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Dave it looks amazing!!!! I love it !!! Leon did a great job!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now that is the way to reset an OMC. It looks fabulous. You did a super great job.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that airline and the shank...I''m off to see the other thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results