shape
carat
color
clarity

time is running out...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

earn

Rough_Rock
I just book a cabin up in mammoth lake,ca for next friday through sunday. that''s the place where i''m gonna propose. the only problem is that i''m still diamondless. i''m still searching for that perfect one. but i need to decide on something at the latest by tomorrow.

Can i get your opinion on these two princess?
5.97x5.88x4.01
depth:68
table71%
girdle: M to STHK
VG
VG
VS1
F
Crown A 31.5 31.1 32.4
Crown 0.43 0.42 0.43 7.3%
Pav A 43.2 42.7 43.9
Pav 2.62 2.6 2.64 44.6
$6300

5.81x5.67x4.11
depth:72.5%
table:3.98 3.94 4.01 70.2%
Girdle: Thin to Medium
VG
VG
VS2
E
Crown A: 28.3 27.0 29.1
Crown H: 0.42 0.40 0.44 7.4%
Pav A: 59.7 57.0 62.3
Pav D: 3.55 3.55 3.59 62.6%
$6100

Personally, i like the second one because i feel like the second one seems more proportionate. I feel like the first one will look bigger but i''m afraid that it might be too flat. And i saw it on the tutorial section that the crown angle should be somewhere in the 9~15% range. so is 7% way too low? how about the pavillion angle? what''s the good range in general?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah...i like to see over at least 10% on the crown...
without seeing the stones in person, i wouldn''t pick something with a 7% crown

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2005 6:37:37 PM
Author:earn
I just book a cabin up in mammoth lake,ca for next friday through sunday. that''s the place where i''m gonna propose. the only problem is that i''m still diamondless. i''m still searching for that perfect one. but i need to decide on something at the latest by tomorrow.
maybe you should call a vendor who carries AGS 0 cut princess.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Earnie,

I don''t know if I''ve posted this stone for you before, but it''s an AGS 0 ideal...and it''s gorgeous!

1.011 ct, H, VS1 $5247

and another AGS 0 ideal:

1.19 E, SI1 $6734

Good Old Gold has amazing princess cut diamonds. I''d go with them in a heartbeat. Good luck deciding!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/30/2005 3:22:23 AM
Author: EBree

and another AGS 0 ideal:

1.19 E, SI1 $6734

Second that... and you wouldn't have to second guess the cut. That would be more important than clarity - all more so since both your VS and this Si seem equally eye clean (one by definition, the other by look).

Set in a simple temporary setting... this might just make it in time.

Best of luck!

earn

Rough_Rock
Since my last post, i've decided to go with the first one. The 1.12 Carat one. Even though i had some reservations, i decided to take a chance. But there were some miscommunication which i decided not to get into and i had to find something else that i could get before this friday in time for my weekend trip where i'm going to propose. The safest bet was to go with 1.19 E from GOG even though i had some reservation about the clarity (SI1). They told me that it's a definite eye clean diamond. They also ran a brilliance scope for me and it all came out high to very high. Now i feel like i can't go wrong with the cut on this one since it's an AGS0 cut with great BS results.
So.... they are going to mount on a tiffany ring and ship out on thursday so that i could receive it on friday and take it up to mammoth on friday... hope everything works out fine.
I can't wait to see the ring. i am so excited.
36.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! That looks like a great diamond, and I''m sure she''ll love it!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I love Mammoth Lake!!

The diamond sounds really pretty. I wish you the very best!!!

earn

Rough_Rock
thank you thank you. i''m assuming UCLABelle went to UCLA huh? My gf graduated from UCLA in 2001. I''ll keep everyone posted.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Hey I will be in Mammoth that weekend. Staying at the Chamonix near Canyon. I loooovee Mammoth too!

earn

Rough_Rock
Attaching one of the pictures that i received. I''ll post more pictures once i get the diamond.

I''m gonna be staying near canyon also. if you see someone proposing up in the mountains with princess cut diamond, that will be me ;-)

pic-a.jpg

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
earn, I don''t know much about Princesses, but it definitely looks like you made a great choice. You can trust GOG, they are an honest and well respected vendor on PS. The ring is going to look fab. Good luck with the proposal and please make sure you come back with your story and hand pics.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a beautiful stone. You can trust GOG''s advice and eyes, so unless you are really and eagle eye and need sometime very "mindclean" this should be gorgeous.

We''ll be in mammoth this weekend also (it''s our summer home), so will keep a lookout for someone on his knee with a ring!

earn

Rough_Rock
Another update:

Here''s what happened so far.

1/3 Tues: Purchase the 1.19 E
Wed: Sent the wire
Thurs: GOG mounted and shipped overnight at 5pm eastern
Fri: Received it at 11am Pacific. Off to mammoth at 7pm
Sat: The day of proposal.

Man, talking about no room for error. But there were no error and now i have the ring in my pocket. The diamond is beautiful and it sparkles so much. I love it. all my co-workers gave their 2 big thumbs up. i''ll put up another post when i come back.

question: i had hard time taking a close up picture. How do you take those close pictures? Do you need a high mega pixel cameras?

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
If your camera has a macro setting, use that, outdoor light seems best...good luck!

earn

Rough_Rock

final update.

I got the ring just in time for the weekend trip to mammoth. It came to my work at 11 am friday. The diamond had a great light performance just as stated in the cert. i couldn''t believe how much it sparkled.

Ended up leaving LA at 9pm and got to mammoth at 3am. The plan was to propose up in the mountains. My friends were carrying the camcorder, rose pedals and wine that i brought. We were looking for a quiet place where we could set everything up and then propose without giving it away. Me and my gf went up to the double black diamond area while my friends stayed in the middle of the mountain and setted up the area with the rose pedal and wine. When we came down to the area, i was on my knees right next to the rose pedals and waving my hands to bring her over to the area. She was shocked and she couldn''t believe what was going on. I finally proposed and gave her the ring while one of my friend was capturing everything in the camcorder from about 20 feet away. She loved the ring. Everything just turned out perfect.

I kind of got annoyed at some people because when some people found out that the diamond was SI1, they were making some comments such as the better clarity with average cut is more valuable than a ideal cut with less clarity. I even thought about may be returning and get a better clarity one but i think we''ll most likely keep this one because it has an amazing light performance.

One other note, I really like the new AGS cut princess diamond much better than the traditional cut princess. A lot people were shocked because they always thought the princess can''t sparkle too much. A lot of people were impressed with the new style of cut also.

Below is the picture of the ring on my fiance''s hand. Once i get more picture, i''ll post up some more pictures.

dia0106.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Earn, it's gorgeous! It looks absolutely perfect.

Don't listen to those people talking about a better clarity being "worth more" than a better cut. What do they know? I highly doubt they've done their research. I'd NEVER choose clarity over cut (unless it was a seriously included diamond...and yours isn't! I could barely see the inclusions in the magnified GOG photos) and neither would 99% of the informed on this board. You made the best choice, and I'm so glad your fiance (!) loves it!

laila

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring Earn! Congratulations! I so agree - do not listen to the people telling you that you should have bought an average cut with better clarity!! Ugghh!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock

I kind of got annoyed at some people because when some people found out that the diamond was SI1, they were making some comments such as the better clarity with average cut is more valuable than a ideal cut with less clarity. I even thought about may be returning and get a better clarity one but i think we''ll most likely keep this one because it has an amazing light performance.

You were obviously talking to people who don''t know their stuff. CUT is most definitely the most important aspect of a diamond, not clarity. In my book an average cut means an average look. A fantastic cut means a fantastic look. The more sparkly your diamond, the less likely you are to notice inclusions. I stand by your SI1 choice. The ring looks fantastic.

earn

Rough_Rock
i realized that all that matter is whether we love the diamond or not. And we love it. It''s almost a distraction because everytime we''re together we can''t help to look at the diamond like every 10 seconds. I could foresee us getting into fight over being obsessed with the diamond. haha
28.gif
I also realized no matter what you get there''s always going to be an opposing opinions. Even if i got something like D, IF and ideal cut, someone might say that i over paid and wasted my money on unneccessary stuff. Anyhow, i''ll put up some more pics later. :)
btw, i''m kinda bummed at the fact that the stone is loose and i could hear the ticking sound when i shake. I know GOG will take care of it but just the hassel of shipping and taking it away from my fiance for a week sucks.

Below is the picture of my fiance''s finger before she got her real ring and "hinting" to me that she can''t wait no more. haha :)

fingerdia.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results