shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiffany Novo Ring - Anyone have price info?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

I plan on going to see it this weekend and I guess I don''t want to go in with "sticker" shock.
22.gif

Is anyone able/willing to tell me a "rough" price. Obviously it varies with the center stone but I was just curious.
I know how much it would cost for a replica so I just wanted to compare.

taverymuch.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we were there in July, our SA had brought in a novo which was roughly 1ct (I think it was 1.03) and it was about $15000. I can''t remember the exact price but it was roughly that.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
ohno.gif

OMG, I would have never thought it would be that much! Ok, maybe I will not be going to see it this weekend!
32.gif

Thanks so much bee!

shellibelle

Rough_Rock
When I was there about 6 months ago it was 11,700 for a .74 carat stone F color, but I don''t remember the other specs.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Shelli - Glad I''m getting the shocked looks off my face today as oppossed to doing it in the store!
3.gif

Is it the stone that hikes up the price so much?
On their website it says its roughly $2K (obviously just the setting)

Thanks all!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 10:59:04 AM
Author: Angel7
ohno.gif

OMG, I would have never thought it would be that much! Ok, maybe I will not be going to see it this weekend!
32.gif

Thanks so much bee!

no prob. I never got the specs on it though so it could have been a D/VVS1 or something like that. You might as well go in and have a look at them though.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Their website does say it starts in the $2000 range. However, that will be for MUCH smaller than a 1 carat diamond. What size stone are you considering?

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 11:19:31 AM
Author: jazmine
Their website does say it starts in the $2000 range. However, that will be for MUCH smaller than a 1 carat diamond. What size stone are you considering?
Well, we just started the ring shopping process and I know I like princess cuts and I''ve been leaning towards Cushions lately but have never had the pleasure of trying one on. I tried to look at some at this jewelry show I went to last weekend and the guy said, "No, don''t bother with Cushions, they have poor light return and are not good cuts." So I gave up there!
booboo%20lip.gif

I love the look of the Novo but it''s quite obvious now that for a 1.20 -1.50 carat, it is not in bf''s budget!
I guess it wouldn''t hurt to go try it on for fun though. Maybe I won''t like it as much as I think and the disappointment of the big pricetag will disappear!
31.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Hi Angel!

I''m going to check it out tomorrow, I think, just b/c I''ve been dying to see it ... I''m not going to get one
7.gif
... It looks so beautiful. I will let you know what I found out if you haven''t found out for yourself already.
2.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 11:27:28 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
Hi Angel!

I''m going to check it out tomorrow, I think, just b/c I''ve been dying to see it ... I''m not going to get one
7.gif
... It looks so beautiful. I will let you know what I found out if you haven''t found out for yourself already.
2.gif

Ohh good! Have fun Spark and let me know what you think. Any pricing info you bring back would be great!
36.gif

Why not get one? Just pick up a couple of baubles while you are there!
27.gif

pinkprincessnovo

Rough_Rock
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Tiffany-Novo-Replica-Engagement-Ring-1564.html

well i found this link here yesterday they have the replica this might be more into your bfs budget
at is not an original Tiffany but is the same design right?
I hope you can get the ring that you want ..... The only good thing if you do get a Tiffany diamond ring is that you can get a smaller one and on the future you can save up a little and upgrade it to a bigger one
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 11:30:20 AM
Ohh good! Have fun Spark and let me know what you think. Any pricing info you bring back would be great!
36.gif

Why not get one? Just pick up a couple of baubles while you are there!
27.gif
No problem!

A few baubles, huh...
31.gif
Stranger things have happened.

I can''t get one now ... I already have my ring and diamond selected ... just haven''t gotten it yet.
38.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Pink: Yes, that is where I saw the replica. I'm not even sure if I would like it since I'm a Pave whore and love having some design or detail on the basket, but I just think it looks so stunning so I'll add it to my list of contenders!
If I do love it, I do not see him paying the prime pricing just for the "Tiffany" name. We'll see! I'll keep you all posted!
Congrats on your Novo by the way!

Spark: Where's your ring? Are you waiting for it to come in? Can't wait to see the new ring pics and all hear about your trip to Tiffanys.

Thanks all!
flowers%20to%20you.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 12:21:38 PM
Spark: Where''s your ring? Are you waiting for it to come in? Can''t wait to see the new ring pics and all hear about your trip to Tiffanys.
At the jeweler''s
39.gif
... The diamond has been set in the setting now and apparently my bf and my jeweler say that I am now "out of the loop" ... Can''t see or visit my baby again until the bf proposes. It''s kind of fun but I can''t wait to see that ring again and to be abl to wear it all the time. I love the anticipation of the proposal though but dread the thought of wedding planning.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 12:54:57 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

At the jeweler's
39.gif
... The diamond has been set in the setting now and apparently my bf and my jeweler say that I am now 'out of the loop' ... Can't see or visit my baby again until the bf proposes. It's kind of fun but I can't wait to see that ring again and to be abl to wear it all the time. I love the anticipation of the proposal though but dread the thought of wedding planning.
Ohh how exciting! You are probably going crazy with anticipation and excitement
dancing.gif
..can't wait to see it! Tell me details, stone..setting? Anything you can spill??!!
I'm kinda in the same boat. I'm going to first see exactly what I do love - (Setting, center stone shape) and then tell the bf, ok I've given you the tools now please make a good choice and hopefully it'll be a pleasant surprise and not..What the *&^* is that?
31.gif
11.gif
We'll see how it goes, still early in the process.
Have you started planning anything for the wedding yet? With all the help of the ladies on the BIW board, you'll be ok!
9.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 11:24:52 AM

Date: 1/17/2008 11:19:31 AM
Author: jazmine
Well, we just started the ring shopping process and I know I like princess cuts and I''ve been leaning towards Cushions lately but have never had the pleasure of trying one on. I tried to look at some at this jewelry show I went to last weekend and the guy said, ''No, don''t bother with Cushions, they have poor light return and are not good cuts.'' So I gave up there!
booboo%20lip.gif

I love the look of the Novo but it''s quite obvious now that for a 1.20 -1.50 carat, it is not in bf''s budget!
I guess it wouldn''t hurt to go try it on for fun though. Maybe I won''t like it as much as I think and the disappointment of the big pricetag will disappear!
31.gif
Hiya!
35.gif
Do you have a particular color in mind (colorless or more toward I)? If I have a chance at lunch today I''ll go over; I''m only a few blocks from Tiffanys (NYC)...

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 1:13:17 PM
Ohh how exciting! You are probably going crazy with anticipation and excitement
dancing.gif
..can''t wait to see it!
I''m kinda in the same boat. I''m going to first see exactly what I do love - (Setting, center stone shape) and then tell the bf, ok I''ve given you the tools now please make a good choice and hopefully it''ll be a pleasant surprise and not..What the *&^* is that?
31.gif
11.gif
We''ll see how it goes, still early in the process.
Have you started planning anything for the wedding yet? With all the help of the ladies on the BIW board, you''ll be ok!
9.gif
Yes, very exciting!!
36.gif

Thanks so much for asking ... That''s exactly what I did. I trust my bf''s taste as it is always exemplary, however, knowing the type of type A control freak I am, I had to be involved in the process to ensure that everything was as it should be. Ridiculous, I know but we all have faults, right?
12.gif
The "what the
14.gif
" response was not desired.
9.gif

No planning for the wedding yet ... Just enjoying the last little while of my "gf" status. I will be all about the BIW board once it happens. I hope to see you there!
35.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 1:30:39 PM
Author: alexah

Hiya!
35.gif
Do you have a particular color in mind (colorless or more toward I)? If I have a chance at lunch today I''ll go over; I''m only a few blocks from Tiffanys (NYC)...
Hi Alexah - You are so sweet! I would hate for you to have to run there just for me! Unless of course you are going to buy your self something pretty!
31.gif
I always thought for color I would be fexible but wanted to stop at H.
If you are going and get some info that would be great, otherwise thank you SO MUCH for offering but no worries if you don''t go......
Thanks again!
biggyhug.gif

Spark: God, how you explained yourself is EXACTLY how I am. Too funny. Oh god, are we going to become Bridezillas? I hope not, those ladies on that show scare me!
23.gif
Wait for me over in BIW, I''l get there eventually!
3.gif

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I was in the Tiffany''s in Vancouver,Canada looking at the NOVO and was quoted the following with the carat weight being for the center stone: .96ct F colour VVS1 17,400 CAD; .36ct G colour VS2 3,300 CAD. Sorry for the big difference, but they were the only two Novos they had in the store at that time. Good luck!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 1:42:18 PM

Date: 1/17/2008 1:30:39 PM

Hiya!
35.gif
Hi Alexah - You are so sweet! I would hate for you to have to run there just for me! Unless of course you are going to buy your self something pretty!
31.gif
I always thought for color I would be fexible but wanted to stop at H.
If you are going and get some info that would be great, otherwise thank you SO MUCH for offering but no worries if you don''t go......
Thanks again!
biggyhug.gif

Spark: God, how you explained yourself is EXACTLY how I am. Too funny. Oh god, are we going to become Bridezillas? I hope not, those ladies on that show scare me!
23.gif
Wait for me over in BIW, I''l get there eventually!
3.gif
would be happy to go over if i can sneak out for a bit...! always happy to see sparkle (tho i''m not too into tiffanys, go figure! i used to get a 30% discount on non-engagement stuff but never used it - gasp!
12.gif
) will see what i can find out...
4.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would truly recommend looking at the square hearts and arrows stones at Good Old Gold, and then put it in a Ritani Endless love solitaire setting or something similar. Please note that the replica mentioned above is new, and we have not seen pictures of the actual replica. I would not recommend going that route. I do think you can get the same look with equal quality for a lot less. The inflated prices on a Novo are pretty much paying for the brand name.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 2:02:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I would truly recommend looking at the square hearts and arrows stones at Good Old Gold, and then put it in a Ritani Endless love solitaire setting or something similar. Please note that the replica mentioned above is new, and we have not seen pictures of the actual replica. I would not recommend going that route. I do think you can get the same look with equal quality for a lot less. The inflated prices on a Novo are pretty much paying for the brand name.

I agree completely. neatfreak has a cushion in the ritani endless love setting and even a SA at tiffany''s thought it was the novo.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 2:04:50 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 1/17/2008 2:02:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I agree completely. neatfreak has a cushion in the ritani endless love setting and even a SA at tiffany''s thought it was the novo.
Thanks again Alexah!

Diamondseeker/MrsSalvo - Thank you for the suggestion! I think Neatfreaks ring is beautiful and I do like the Square H&A but I''ve never seen them in person and I feel the need to. You can only see the Square H&A from Good Old Gold corrrect? Do you know if they are willing to send out rings like Pearlman''s does? The Ritani setting I should be able to find at a B&M right?
I''m still unsure of what setting/center stone I want. At this point I''m still at the "trying on" phase and then deciding.
Do I want 3 sided Pave..do I want a princess..do I want a Cushion
emquestion.gif
emquestion.gif
..can''t we all just have one of each!
31.gif

thankyou.gif

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so i''m back from lunch
31.gif
spoke with a really nice, helpful man at Tifs. He ran a seach since they have very few in house (according to him, they only have one cutter for their square custions/novos so they''re short on inventory all around). He gave me a list of some of the ones in the system (which can be called in with 2-3 days notice to any Tifs store).

He wrote the following down for me:
"16 diamonds in the band = 0.16 ct

1.20 H VVS2 $16,300
1.22 H VS1 $15,500
1.25 H VS1 $17,300
1.25 G VS2 $17,700
1.26 F VS1 $20,700
1.36 G VS2 $19,000
1.40 H VS1 $19,100
1.45 G VS1 $21,700
1.50 G VS2 $25,200
1.56 F VS1 $30,600"

Btw, he showed me one that was gorgeous but he said it was 3 cts & I was like "no way" since my princess is 2.5 & definately looked bigger than it. I said it must be cut deep & he remarked that their square cushions are cut to round standards so I''m still scratching my head on that one
33.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you don''t need the blue box thing, you could go quite a bit bigger by purchasing a square hearts and arrows from GOG and putting it either in a custom setting or in the ritani endless love setting. In my opinion you would have an even more beautiful ring and you could either go a lot bigger or save a ton of money. However, to some people the blue box effect is extremely important.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2008 4:00:22 PM
Ok so i''m back from lunch
31.gif
spoke with a really nice, helpful man at Tifs. He ran a seach since they have very few in house (according to him, they only have one cutter for their square custions/novos so they''re short on inventory all around). He gave me a list of some of the ones in the system (which can be called in with 2-3 days notice to any Tifs store).

He wrote the following down for me:
''16 diamonds in the band = 0.16 ct

1.20 H VVS2 $16,300
1.22 H VS1 $15,500
1.25 H VS1 $17,300
1.25 G VS2 $17,700
1.26 F VS1 $20,700
1.36 G VS2 $19,000
1.40 H VS1 $19,100
1.45 G VS1 $21,700
1.50 G VS2 $25,200
1.56 F VS1 $30,600''

Btw, he showed me one that was gorgeous but he said it was 3 cts & I was like ''no way'' since my princess is 2.5 & definately looked bigger than it. I said it must be cut deep & he remarked that their square cushions are cut to round standards so I''m still scratching my head on that one
33.gif
Wow Alexah..you are a great shopper/researcher! Unfortunatley, all of those prices are not in $10K MAX budget bf has. Yeah, I''m scratching my head on that comment as well. Thanks again for going..very sweet of you. I still want to go look at it and see if I like the style, cushion, etc..but I know if I do, I will not be getting a Tiffany!

Kcour - I could care less about the blue box effect. I found this ring and liked the look and of course it was Tiffany''s...caviar tastes on a beer budget!
3.gif
Yes, I totally agree...I''d rather have the larger stone and an affordable place such as online. I contacted GOG on pricing on the SHA and to be honest, the prices were a lot higher than I thought they would be. I think I have to ask for some smaller sizes to see if it would be more in the budget.

Thanks again all!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
SPARK - Are you back from your little shopping trip yet?
31.gif
dancing_penguin.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Not yet ... I know it''s ridiculous but I had to go to work first ...
20.gif
tee hee. I can''t wait! It''s what''s been getting me through my day! I will update you later tonight or tomorrow on my trip! I hope they don''t close too early.... I plan on being there for a while!
9.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Darn work!
wahh.gif

Ok, have fun! Try on everything..enjoy!
Hopefully I''ll get a chance to do tomorrow.

FYI - I told bf.."You wouldn''t believe how high the Tiffany prices are." His response: "Did you think it was going to be cheap?"
Sometimes he makes a good point!
3.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Darn work, indeed!
14.gif

Boys -- Who knew ... sometimes they can be smart.
2.gif
3.gif

Have fun tomorrow ... please, please, please do tell us all about it and, if you can, take pics!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results