shape
carat
color
clarity

three stone ring vs. halo as stand alone e-ring

lasposa

Rough_Rock
Hello ladies,

I am so torn over how to reset my e-ring so I want to ask your opinions! Due to nerve damage in my left hand, it is painful to wear rings on the left, so I've decided to reset my e-ring to wear alone on the right hand and to wear a very low and simple plain band on the left. I'm having trouble deciding what type of e-ring setting looks best as a stand alone ring, while being durable enough to wear on the right (I am right handed). I love three stone rings with pear sidestones, like:

http://diamonds.blogs.com/photos/round_rings/rb_141_w_059_tcw_ps_side_stone_white_1sm.html

but also love delicate, lacy halos, like:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-oec.169825/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-single-stone-oec.169825/[/URL]

With a .8 carat center, which do you think would look best alone (no other rings on that finger), while being somewhat durable. I've tried on similar rings of both styles and love them both.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I think either would be fine. I think the key is to find a fairly low setting that is comfortable to wear. I would personally lean toward a halo but that is because my favorite RHR is set in a halo.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
As much as I love three stone rings, I actually think a halo would look better as a stand alone ring. I'm not sure about the durability factor though...

LLCALI

Rough_Rock
I have a three stone ring and will soon be resetting into a delicate halo. I personally think halo settings bring more focus to the center stone!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a 3 stone and for finger coverage - I love it! I do not own a RB halo, but I have a CS morganite in RG halo, which is lovely, but not as 'blingy" as the 3 stone - in my opinion.

I think low is better, no matter which you chose. Even tho I did not base my 3 stone on the philosophy "Past Present & Future" I like that concept that it represents. Just throwin' that out there!!

Both your links are gorgeous choices!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Three stone IMO. Better for lifestyle, less maintenance and less delicacy.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having had both myself, I would pick the halo for a .80 stone. :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are willing to pay for a really good quality halo, then I Laila does have a point. But cheap halos just aren't worth the money IMO. I'd rather have a nice three stone.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that you really need to consider your lifestyle. I really love the SS halo and if you were thinking of having them make the ring, then I'd so go for it too, but a three stone is much less fussy and I think that it will still give you lot's of added finger coverage, maybe more than the halo? But overall I agree, pave is super delicate so it's best to consider how you will be wearing your ring. Especially as a RHR maybe? I think I do much more damage with my right hand than I ever would with my left.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both halos and three stones are beautiful, but I prefer a three stone as a stand alone ring.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Diamond*Dana|1337693572|3200839 said:
Both halos and three stones are beautiful, but I prefer a three stone as a stand alone ring.

100% agree with this. Especially if the ring will be worn on the right hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, but no way is that delicate Singlestone ring practical for daily wear and especially on a right (dominant) hand. A three stone is much better for the purpose you are intending.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have both--I think the 3 stone is more durable in the long run. I save my halo for special occasions only and do not wear it on a daily basis.

lasposa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your input ladies! I admit I'm a bit disappointed since I think I discovered I am leaning toward a halo setting. They are so romantic! I do know that I would have to remove the ring to sleep, clean, do yard work, shower, etc and am fine with that (I do that with my current setting already). I would only wear the ring to work and when going out. You all have me thinking about the right hand issue though since I would be opening doors, shifting the car, carrying purse and bags with that hand. Is there any type of more durable halo setting that could handle this or would there be any way to alter the SS styles to make them more suitable?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
lasposa|1337723428|3201156 said:
Thanks for all your input ladies! I admit I'm a bit disappointed since I think I discovered I am leaning toward a halo setting. They are so romantic! I do know that I would have to remove the ring to sleep, clean, do yard work, shower, etc and am fine with that (I do that with my current setting already). I would only wear the ring to work and when going out. You all have me thinking about the right hand issue though since I would be opening doors, shifting the car, carrying purse and bags with that hand. Is there any type of more durable halo setting that could handle this or would there be any way to alter the SS styles to make them more suitable?

I only have experience with one pave ring and that's my ering, it has 16 .02's. I wear it everyday, and take it off to shower., sleep, cook, clean, garden, workout etc. I like to think that I'm fairly careful with it, but I know for a fact that it has taken some scary hits and I've never had a problem with any of the stones. It's not an expensive setting either, it was purchased from JA last year. So, in my expereince pave can be quite resistant and durable, but it doesn't take long here to read threads about others that have had very different experiences. I'm looking for a new setting too and am leaning toward more pave even though I'm aware of the risks. I think that if you really prefer one style over another than you should go for it, just know in advance that you may be replacing melee along the way, and if you're okay with that, then why not?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the three-stone you posted, and would much prefer that over the halo.

BUT if you are leaning toward the halo then I think you have your answer! I firmly believe that jewelry isn't a practical matter, and shouldn't be treated as such. :cheeky: If you're going to love your halo a little bit more, then go for it. Just make sure to invest in a high-quality setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results