shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on this Diamond - 1.4ct Round

adma

Rough_Rock
Hi All - long-time lurker and getting ready to take the big plunge. Have a stone that looks very promising, but would be great to have any feedback?

Great HCA score of 1.1, diamond looks nice in the store with lots of light return and nice big flashes. Very much eye-clean, tough to spot the crystal inclusions, and no reflection that I could see. That crown angle is the only thing keeping it out of excellent cut (33.5 vs 34)

Only concern is around the florescence; not milky or cloudy in-person but haven't seen it in full daylight yet...

Worth pursuing?

giastonea.jpg

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice spread! Looks promising, especially if you've seen it in person.

My only concern is v SBF, even if it doesn't make things go hazy, with a colourless diamond you can get an overblue effect. You will either like it or not so I definitely wouldn't go for it until you've seen it outside on a cloudy day and sunny day!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be concerned that the cut grade is only Very Good. The table size is larger than usually recommended with a shallow depth, hence the spread. I'd also be worried about the effect of the fluorescence. Can you get light performance images? Where did you see the stone? I'd want to take it out of the jewellery store (where the lighting is designed to make even poorly cut stones sparkle!) and view it in some real life settings.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh I didn't notice the cut grafe yesterday, personally I would avoid this diamond then. It's measurements are within excellent GIA parameters which means it got degraded for other means not clear, such as painting or digging.

adma

Rough_Rock
Thanks all - had a chance to see it in full sun daylight today and the blue was really overbearing. Had seen it in UV-emitting fluorescent previously but was quite different in full sun. Combined with the niggling concerns on cut I think I'll give one a pass.

Back to phase one... :wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results