shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these CADs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all!

I am helping a friend have a e-ring made as some of you might already know. She wanted a ring with a princess center stone and a heart design on the sides of the head. Well after talking with my friend and posting here we decided on the Legato micropave with a modified head to look like a heart. It will have heart prongs like Belle''s 3 stone ring and this stone.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks

KT

nickcad1.jpg

themrs

Rough_Rock
Does your friend like it? If she is happy that seems most relevant.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
The CADs look great, but the heart isn't that heart-like, in my opinion. That would be fine by me, but I remember from your original post that your friend was definitely into hearts. So maybe they could make it a smidge more heart-like?

What does your friend think?

ETA: The heart prongs are a great idea-they cover the corners of the princess and look like hearts!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love everything about the design *except* the heart prongs. I kinda think they''re a bit too big for the stone & could be overwhelming. Smaller single claw prongs will best flatter the stone IMHO.

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 10:45:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
I love everything about the design *except* the heart prongs. I kinda think they''re a bit too big for the stone & could be overwhelming. Smaller single claw prongs will best flatter the stone IMHO.
In the casting process the ring will come out slightly smaller than the CAD rendering. Not sure exactly what causes this, I assume it is the shrinking that happens as the metal cools. Assuming they know this, the CAD''s are probably a little chunky to compensate for this.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 10:19:21 PM
Author: themrs
Does your friend like it? If she is happy that seems most relevant.
Themrs my friend is the guy buying the ring. His FF will not see it or know about it until the proposal

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 10:40:46 PM
Author: thing2of2
The CADs look great, but the heart isn''t that heart-like, in my opinion. That would be fine by me, but I remember from your original post that your friend was definitely into hearts. So maybe they could make it a smidge more heart-like?

What does your friend think?

ETA: The heart prongs are a great idea-they cover the corners of the princess and look like hearts!
Thanks thing2of2. He likes the design but I am a bit more picky with him and agree that they need to be a bit more heart like. I want them to arch the tops a bit more so they are more rounded.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2007 10:45:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
Deco, I understand what you are saying but after talking to him he really wants to have the heart prongs cause he knows she will love them. I will stress to WF to make them as dainty as possible. I love the look of belles prongs in this pic and hope they are something like these.

bellewfheart.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of heart prongs if they''re done the way you are specifying. I hope we''ll get to see the finished product too. (are we too needy?)
11.gif

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the new CADs from WF with the changes and wanted to see what you guys thought.

He ended up going with an X-factor stone. WF was unable to do the heart prongs with the princess stone and he really wanted them so rather than get rid of them he changed to the x-factor. Not to mention he went from a 4.85 X 4.89 to a 5.16 X 5.02 and an SI1 to a VS2 for about only $60.00

Let me know what you think.

KT

nickcad9210701.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty & awesome that the switch eeeked more size out of it! The corners are going to be covered anyhow -- more weight where you can SEE it!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! The heart prongs look much better on the X-Factor. It''s gonna be a beauty! Ummmm...does your friend know that he MUST post pics once the finished product arrives or after he proposes??
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
KT, I lurve it. I really like the switch of stones too. I prefer the X-factor to a princess.

How sweet are you to help a bud. Hope to see you soon.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results