shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts on these 2 WF Diamonds

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well I am back from TX and my visit to Whiteflash, that was a long week. So what happened. Well the 1.788 was a slightly better performer, it's just got something more going on with it. When I got there Brittany had them in a tray and I did not know which was which. We lookied at them in multiple different lighting sources, while we are completely splitting hairs she saw the same did. Well then she pulled out the 2.08 GVS2. Yep it's bigger. The color difference grading upside down with splitting hairs. Had the G Neenah the same size as the F it would have been harder. It's not like you can go oh that's the G, it took a few moments of intense focus and getting the right angle of light. Face up, i can see any difference but my mind almost creates tint in the g as I know it's a G, Brittany confirmed I am imagining something that's not there. The GVS2 was 100% eye clean and it's a boarder line vs2-VS1 in my opinion. The inclusions are very similar to the FVS1, just a tad bit smaller so easier to spot. The specs are right in my wheelhouse on both stones. The only thing that really concern me o the 2 Ct was one of the "v"s is smaller than all the others, Brittany said it looks like sjustma slight misaligned facet. Still a awesome ACA stone but that bothers me a bit. Yeah I know, it's in my head. I was ther about 2.5 hrs, just love Whiteflash and Brittany is jut "The Best", so helpful. My wife and I did not get to discuss the two diamonds and so we will discuss over the weekend and make the call Monday morning on the which one to go with. She is leaning towards the 2.08 GVs2. I am thinking if we go that way I could alway swap out for a F later if I just can't life with it, lol. I figure we can still use the setting as long as the stone is around the same 8.2 mm size. I will post a video of the two diamonds I took with my iPhone.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you reserved the stone(s), while you make your decision?

Looks like the 1.788 F VS1 is sold. Maybe you decided against it, not sure.

A quick look just now at the WF site shows a 2.078 G VS2, but its not reserved.

I don't mean to raise any alarms, and I'm in a bit of a rush so may have gotten mixed up about the diamonds you're considering, but I'd hate to see you make a decision only to find that someone else has purchased the stone.

Thanks for comments about your visit to WF! Always fun to read!

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The 1.788 is sold, to me. I just did not have them ship it. Will call them back on Monday to finalize which diamond.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on choosing a stone! Sounds like the WF visit was well worth it to you!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Titan7|1488047695|4133534 said:
The 1.788 is sold, to me. I just did not have them ship it. Will call them back on Monday to finalize which diamond.

Congratulations and thanks for the update. How did you end up choosing?

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well worth the trip!! Really helps to see things with your oun eyes. Oh and the gave me a stainless steel Yeti travel cup with Whiteflash logo on it. Love those Yeti cups!!!! Wife is leaning towards the 2ct. Whatever. Perhaps not an issue with color as the setting she is looking at will have rose gold on the inside part of the ring and below the halo. Will update on Monday

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, I'm back. Sorry for the delay, lots of work. So my wife decided on the 2.078 G VS2 @ 8.2mm. My wife saw the video I took and said she wanted the 2ct. It arrived yesterday, took it out for her to see it, wow! That thing is on fire and huge. Wife is thrilled. I was looking at it under lights that gave a ton of fire. Though I saw some tint until I took it under diffuse light. Compared it to my wife's .60 F vs1 pendant, they looked the same color. I think it's a mind game, lol! I can't seem to post the large video of the two, but trust me there is a noticeable difference form 7.8mm to 8.2mm. Now she needs to find a setting.

The specs on this ACA:
Table- 55.2%
Crown 15.4%
CA 34.4
PV 40.8
Pavilion 43.1
LGF- 78
Star- 50
Girdle- thin- med.

These are about as close to textbook as I could find, plus it's a really clean vs2. Crystal and tiny needle eye clean, I can even focus close enough to see anything. WF said the same.

Gotta love WF!!! Thanks Brittany!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - again! Ha! It really sounded like she loved that 2+ carat stone and what's not to love? Happy for you both - can't wait to see the finished ring!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Definitely an amazing choice! Can't wait to see what your wife chooses! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice! Yes, there is definitely a significant difference in 7.8 vs 8.2mm. I'd always choose a larger G over a smaller F.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!, Love everything about your stone...the specs! + the GVS2 combo! + WF ACA = a very beautiful diamond!.. :love: :appl:

Lore

Rough_Rock
Congrats! And what a great testimonial on the great service they provided.

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Finally got to see a ton of Verragio settings at the road show yesterday. It's between these two, same setting except for round halo vs cushion halo. It's platinum and rose gold. The CZ is 7.5mm in both settings, so I think it will look great with that 8.2mm diamond?

She is leaning towards the round halo, thoughts?

img_0062_0.jpg img_0069_0.jpg img_0066_0.jpg img_0071_0.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always thought this was one of the prettiest cushion shaped halos for a round stone that I have ever seen. She has an ACA about the size of your wife's and the stone is so beautifully accentuated without being eaten up by the halo. I know you said she really wants the Verragio setting but I wanted to share this rendition with you too - never hurts to look!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-ct-aca-victor-canera-emilya-cushion-2-row-pave.214748/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-2-ct-aca-victor-canera-emilya-cushion-2-row-pave.214748/[/URL]

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, the setting finally got finished and the diamond set!!! WF is shipping it today, will have it tomorrow!!! They took some great professional photos and video of the finished ring. Love it, my wife is going insane until tomorrow! WHITEFLASH was the BEST, Brittany, Vera, and the entire team are just as high quality as their ACA Diamonds!!!!

If anybody can tell me how to upload a video I will.

Verragio-Venetian-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-and-Rose-Gold-from-Whiteflash_48209_31022_side.jpg

Verragio-Venetian-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-and-Rose-Gold-from-Whiteflash_48209_31022_ttr.jpg

Verragio-Venetian-Engagement-Ring-in-Platinum-and-Rose-Gold-from-Whiteflash_48209_31022_top.jpg

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - can't wait to see hand shots tomorrow!

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Two more

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! There is no such thing as too many photos! Take a lot of hand shots for us!

PS - I love your wife's pink nail polish above :)

Titan7

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash was so cool to take these pro photos of her actual ring! If somebody can tell me how to post a video I have a couple 30 sec videos! Picking it up at FedEx at 10:30 am!!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous!! Can't wait to see hand shots!! :love::appl:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results