shape
carat
color
clarity

Things I am liking about the new PriceScope

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
After only a few days of the new PriceScope I am amazed at the changes that Andrey and the crew have brought about in such a short time. So many of the problems addressed on Monday have already been fixed and they are working diligently to fix the others.

I have noticed a couple of biggies to me that I wanted to comment on that are things I like.

1. Spell check. As too many of you may have noticed, I have a wonderful time with the English language, especially when I speak it, but I have an atrocious ability to misspell words that I have known how to spell for years. It is SO NICE to see the little squiggly red line below words that I am trying to mangle.

2. Insert images. In the old system when ever I wanted to insert an image into a conversation, such as this one that I use to show how a ray of light is bent coming out of a prism so that I can explain about dispersion needing to be wider than the pupil of the eye, or the lens of the camera in order not to appear as white light, dispersion%20in%20prisim1.jpg I would have to go into my hard drive, append something to the name and then upload it, as I could never upload the same image with the same name twice. Now I just click on the Img button at the top of the compose window, select the picture with a double click and on we go. This is a huge time saver! WAY TO GO ANDREY!!!!!

Since we have a huge thread that is already in its eighth page as of this morning about problems, I thought it might be nice to have a thread about the things we like. Please feel to add your own list of things you are liking about the new PriceScope.

I know that Andrey has been working on making this happen for more than two years, and I for one want to say Hurray!

Wink

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love that there is a page listing all the threads with new posts on them - for me, that is the best way to navigate (and maybe find conversations in subforms I generally don't frequent)!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I find it much easier to use, especially replying and quoting people. The only problem I'm still having is with the time setting...I have it set to America/LA, and it's most definitely not showing correctly.

But overall, I agree, great job.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Wink said:
After only a few days of the new PriceScope I am amazed at the changes that Andrey and the crew have brought about in such a short time. So many of the problems addressed on Monday have already been fixed and they are working diligently to fix the others.

I have noticed a couple of biggies to me that I wanted to comment on that are things I like.

1. Spell check. As too many of you may have noticed, I have a wonderful time with the English language, especially when I speak it, but I have an atrocious ability to misspell words that I have known how to spell for years. It is SO NICE to see the little squiggly red line below words that I am trying to mangle.

2. Insert images. In the old system when ever I wanted to insert an image into a conversation, such as this one that I use to show how a ray of light is bent coming out of a prism so that I can explain about dispersion needing to be wider than the pupil of the eye, or the lens of the camera in order not to appear as white light, dispersion%20in%20prisim1.jpg I would have to go into my hard drive, append something to the name and then upload it, as I could never upload the same image with the same name twice. Now I just click on the Img button at the top of the compose window, select the picture with a double click and on we go. This is a huge time saver! WAY TO GO ANDREY!!!!!

Since we have a huge thread that is already in its eighth page as of this morning about problems, I thought it might be nice to have a thread about the things we like. Please feel to add your own list of things you are liking about the new PriceScope.

I know that Andrey has been working on making this happen for more than two years, and I for one want to say Hurray!

Wink

Thanks Wink. We appreciate the Kudos.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
sillyberry said:
I love that there is a page listing all the threads with new posts on them - for me, that is the best way to navigate (and maybe find conversations in subforms I generally don't frequent)!

This is cool, and where do I find this page??

Wink

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw that you can attach multiple pics to a post w/o resizing to a file-size limit!
:appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
yssie said:
Just saw that you can attach multiple pics to a post w/o resizing to a file-size limit!
:appl:

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is very nice to know!

Thank you.

Wink

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Wink. There are indeed many things to love. However...

sillyberry said:

Didn't this exist in the old forum? It's what I often used to check PS.

sparklyforever

Shiny_Rock
Sillyberry... or anyone... where do you see the new posts only thread/forum? I can't find that....

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly, you have go to the main "forums" page. If I recall correctly, it's actually a step backward from the old forum. From there, I could hit "recent posts" from any forum I was in.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just noticed that spell check only works for me on Firefox, not on IE. Definitely staying away from IE when I am on PS. In my next life I want to spell as well as Paul does, and English is his third or fourth language. Sigh.

Wink

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still learning but I like I can click back at the bottom to the forum I am in and also lick the drop down list at the bottom where I can jump to a different forum.

I like blue!

I appreciate all the hard work everyone did for us. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that I can delte a post ...... not that I ever say anything dumb I want to delete. :oops:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny said:
I love that I can delte a post ...... not that I ever say anything dumb I want to delete. :oops:

I wonder if deleting the first post in a misplaced thread deletes the thread? Kenny perhaps you'll test this out for us in RT ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know what in the world you're talking about. :oops:

zzchimp.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hest88, Thats how I have always searched too, it took me a while to find it this time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results