shape
carat
color
clarity

the value of H

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

okaynow

Rough_Rock
My search has taken me into the realm of the H color. I think I found a diamond that is perfect except that it is of H color value. I originally wanted a G. Is it worth going for H instead of G if all the other parameters(cut, clarity, carat, and PRICE!) meet my criteria.

Color used to be my number one C, until the Cut pimps got me on the Ideal bandwagon. The sacrifice of color for cut has got me gritting my teeth.

Thanks!

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
if you are mounting your stone in white or platinum I would suggest not going below an H color to be on the safe side , since your number 1 C , is color,If it is yellow gold you want then I-L is fine as it will face up white.

1.gif
diamondsman

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are comparing in person, get an F, G and H stone and put them upside down on a white folded piece of paper or similar. See if you can detect a color difference between the F and H, and G and H etc. Chances are it will be very minimal. We were considering H's as well in order to get a larger carat weight, by chance we ended up with a G and I'm very happy. There are many people on the forum who have ended up with H diamonds and been very satisfied. If the diamond has an excellent cut, chances are the light return and sparkle of the stone will blind the viewer to any remote slight chance of color anyway!
1.gif

I would also agree not to go below H for platinum setting.

1.gif
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results