shape
carat
color
clarity

The round vs square "size" debate...what do you see?

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
starryeyed said:
septsparkle said:
Thanks for your input, guys!

Final verdict: I have officially emailed Liza and am going with the round! Can't wait to get it shipped back off for the countdown to begin again for my new ring. It's been a bit of torture having a new ring in the house and not wearing it, so I am pretty excited about this!!

Who would have known I'd pick the round over the princess after all these years of being a self-proclaimed princess lover.

Thanks everyone for your opinions, thoughts, help, guidance, photos, hand-holding, etc. along the way it is most appreciated!!! I sincerely thank you ALL! :wavey:
Congratulations septsparkle!! :appl: :appl:

You know where I stand on this - when set square, the princess looks smaller to me. A well-cut RB is deliciously sparkly - to me, nothing compares if it's bling you want. I hope you will be thrilled with your new ring! :praise:

One thing you may want to keep in mind - if this RB is not an ACA or ES, will WF upgrade it in the future? I think you may need to get approval now before you buy it.

Thanks so much for thinking of me on this! Yep, no worries there. WF evaluated the stone to be sure it would have met their ES standards before I even saw it! Liza wouldn't have even sent me photos of the stone, etc. if it didn't meet their standards. We had already agreed on that in advance. I was only interested in stones that would be 100% upgradable. This one meets their standards for that policy and it is already listed on the paperwork they sent. :appl:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Thanks so much for thinking of me on this! Yep, no worries there. WF evaluated the stone to be sure it would have met their ES standards before I even saw it! Liza wouldn't have even sent me photos of the stone, etc. if it didn't meet their standards. We had already agreed on that in advance. I was only interested in stones that would be 100% upgradable. This one meets their standards for that policy and it is already listed on the paperwork they sent. :appl:
Hooray!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Ok, so now I can't WAIT to see pictures! When does WF estimate the ring will be done?

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
starryeyed said:
septsparkle said:
Hooray!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Ok, so now I can't WAIT to see pictures! When does WF estimate the ring will be done?

I haven't even asked them. I already felt like such a pain that I didn't even inquire. The only thing I do know is that it will be done before our wedding which is just about 3 weeks away now...so less than 3 weeks! :)

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Well congrats on the wedding AND on the ring! I think you are really going to love it.

I'm waiting for a pendant from WF and it's killing me. Glad to know someone else is going through the same thing. :wink2:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Do you have a thread about your pendant? I'd love to see!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed said:
Well congrats on the wedding AND on the ring! I think you are really going to love it.

I'm waiting for a pendant from WF and it's killing me. Glad to know someone else is going through the same thing. :wink2:

I can sure relate to the wait killing you. I'm waiting for this custom baby from WF too.... :errrr:

LW-PendantFinalCAD2.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
We should have a "Ladies in WF Waiting" thread! :bigsmile:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are too funny! Sorry it took me so long to respond, my 17 month old nephew wound up in the hospital on Tuesday and had emergency surgery, I've been up there all day the past few days. He's my little munchkin, I watch him for my sister while she works at night, so we are really close. He's doing great now though. Hopefully he'll come home this weekend. :appl:

Starry, that's going to be gorgeous. When did they get started on it? Should probably be soon I would think!

Ande...any idea how long yours will be?

Vera emailed me yesterday and said my ring is in production and should be shipped on September 7th. Woo hoo.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Emergency surgery on a 17-month-old?? :o I hope your nephew is going to be ok. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I'm looking at Sept 2nd ship date, maybe a little sooner. I hope a lot sooner, I'm dying..... :cheeky:

Mine was a trade-in, so the original stone had to be sent to the lab for verification. That took 2 weeks. I guess I'm "in production", but they have to do a few things - find and put another stone in my LM ring setting and set the new stone in the pendant. I don't remember the exact date the ring went in, but it seems like eons ago!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
The both of you have a lot more work involved in your projects. They really need to swap the head and stones on my ring and ship it off. So, that's probably why all around it's taking less time. Though I started this in early to mid july so it seems like a long time from the day of order to actually having a ring to wear!

My nephew had surgery on his intestines. He actually got sick at my house and I thought he had a stomach bug. But, by morning my sister realized thinks weren't looking any better and took him to the ER to at least get some fluids in him because he couldn't hold anything down. And...he never left the hospital and wound up in emergency surgery after an xray and a few ultra sounds. It was a rare problem, but he should make a full recovery with no long term effects so we feel very lucky. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts. He may come home today!! :appl:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
septsparkle said:
The both of you have a lot more work involved in your projects. They really need to swap the head and stones on my ring and ship it off. So, that's probably why all around it's taking less time. Though I started this in early to mid july so it seems like a long time from the day of order to actually having a ring to wear!

My nephew had surgery on his intestines. He actually got sick at my house and I thought he had a stomach bug. But, by morning my sister realized thinks weren't looking any better and took him to the ER to at least get some fluids in him because he couldn't hold anything down. And...he never left the hospital and wound up in emergency surgery after an xray and a few ultra sounds. It was a rare problem, but he should make a full recovery with no long term effects so we feel very lucky. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts. He may come home today!! :appl:

Wow, I am so sorry that he (and your family) had to go through that - but I'm so glad that he is doing much better! :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
starryeyed said:
We should have a "Ladies in WF Waiting" thread! :bigsmile:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's an idea! :lol: :lol:

SeptSparkle, about 10 days now. I blessed the CADs early in the week. Then it still has to get to me!!!! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

BTW, I've said a prayer for your little nephew.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my nephew...he's doing great!!!

Andelain, I bet the suspense of a package making it's way to you is worse than waiting for WF to complete the pendant. At least with them you know when it will be done. How long on average do things take to reach you from here?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my nephew...he's doing great!!!

Andelain, I bet the suspense of a package making it's way to you is worse than waiting for WF to complete the pendant. At least with them you know when it will be done. How long on average do things take to reach you from here?

Glad to hear the little guy's doing so well. They bounce back so fast at that age.

You're not kidding about the pain of waiting for shipment. It takes around 3 weeks for things to get to me here. If you want painful, my 1.57ct I-VVS1 Eightstar is on it's way to WF now to get a broken prong fixed. I miss that stone bad, but I insured if for new replacement cost. I'm still going :errrr: until Vera tells me they have it.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
That would pretty much drive me insane. I was biting my nails just making sure that FedEx safely delivered my package back with the two stones....and that was less than 24 hours!! Sheesh!! I know you insured it, but it's a little hard to replace. I'm sure it will be fine though and she'll let you know as soon as it gets there!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
That would pretty much drive me insane. I was biting my nails just making sure that FedEx safely delivered my package back with the two stones....and that was less than 24 hours!! Sheesh!! I know you insured it, but it's a little hard to replace. I'm sure it will be fine though and she'll let you know as soon as it gets there!

I think that one would be about impossible to replace. Sure I could get a stone with as good or better specs, but that one has a look that's hard to define. I've had other stones that size and clarity, but that one is like looking into the clearest water you'll ever see. And the light return is just out of this world. If I could have only one diamond that would be it. As painful as it would be I'd even give up my ACA 'D'. Then I'd ;(

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
septsparkle said:

I think that one would be about impossible to replace. Sure I could get a stone with as good or better specs, but that one has a look that's hard to define. I've had other stones that size and clarity, but that one is like looking into the clearest water you'll ever see. And the light return is just out of this world. If I could have only one diamond that would be it. As painful as it would be I'd even give up my ACA 'D'. Then I'd ;(

Wow. Okay....let's just think good thoughts. Good thoughts!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
septsparkle said:
Andelain said:
septsparkle said:

Wow. Okay....let's just think good thoughts. Good thoughts!!

Good thoughts.... yeah..... good thoughts..... :bigsmile:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The round vs square "size" debate...what do you see? UPD

It's ready!!!! (sorry you ladies in WF waiting...I'm sure it's just because all they had to do is swap out the head!)
Becca sent me some AWESOME photos just a few minutes ago and I'm in love. The stone is SO WHITE!!! I think I like the legato head on the round stone even more than the princess cut and I love the prongs, too! I was excited the last time but I am WAY more excited about this stone. I'm positive I made the right choice now. In Becca's email she said if I wanted to push up my ship date (it's currently set up to ship Sept 7) to contact Vera so I shot her an email right away. Hopefully they can up the date for me now that the ring is finished!

Thank you everyone for all the help!!

roundlegato_090110a.jpg

roundlegato_090110b.jpg

roundlegato1_090110c.jpg

roundlegato_090110d.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it's beautiful!!! i hope you love it when you see it in person :) and also please take lots of pics for us :)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I'm glad you went with the round - I think the light performance is so much better in an RB. Stunning ring!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, my!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

More pics! Must see more pics!

Yeah, I know I have to wait until you get it but..... :cheeky:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I promise to take lots of pics when it arrives! Hopefully we'll still have nice sunny weather and won't get hit by the hurricane! They are predicting it maybe coming up this way in a few days.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Stay safe over there! Maybe that Earl will hang a right and go die.

I was just thinking that you now own a beautiful ring, but don't have an avatar. So I made you one you can use until you take pics and get the one you really want if you want to... :wavey:

SSavatar.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I love it!! The RB is to-die-for - I'm so glad you switched. I can't wait to see hand shots! :love: :love: :love:

PS - I just got my pictures too - I'm posting over in Show Me....

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so gorgeous! I'm so happy that this story is getting a positive ending... anxious to see those hand shots.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Slg47 & B.E.G. thanks again for the nice comments! I'm so excited!!!!!

Andelain said:
Stay safe over there! Maybe that Earl will hang a right and go die.

I was just thinking that you now own a beautiful ring, but don't have an avatar. So I made you one you can use until you take pics and get the one you really want if you want to... :wavey:

Thank you! I just uploaded it. Looks great!!!

starryeyed said:
I love it!! The RB is to-die-for - I'm so glad you switched. I can't wait to see hand shots! :love: :love: :love:

PS - I just got my pictures too - I'm posting over in Show Me....

I'm glad I switched, too. I never would have predicted things would wind up this way but I think the ring looks gorgeous and can not wait to wear it!!! I am headed over to check out your pics right now!! Can't wait to see.

Chasiu said:
Your ring is so gorgeous! I'm so happy that this story is getting a positive ending... anxious to see those hand shots.

Thank you! That's so nice of you. I will post hand shots ASAP. I have my camera battery charging as we speak. I'm hoping they can ship it tomorrow because they don't ship overnight packages on Friday's...at least I don't believe so. We shall see tomorrow what they say!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it!

Now when it arrives, I hereby order you to wear it every day :devil:

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Love it!

Now when it arrives, I hereby order you to wear it every day :devil:

HA! I was wondering when you'd make it on and see this thread! I will wear it every day and right away!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results