shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for custom bezel designer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone suggest a US designer to create platinum bezel setting for my inherited 2.21ct omc?

I would really like to use someone with a strong history in designing bezel rings. My first choice was Linda Penwarden Jewellery in Ontario, Canada but there are some insurance issues. The loose diamond is currently insured under my parents'' home owners policy & their insurance will not cover damage during setting, nor loss during shipping (I was willing to deliver the diamond to CA.) The new pilot program under Jeweler''s Mutual only covers designers who are covered by JM in the states. Should anything happen during setting in Canada I would not be covered.

We all know Mark Morrell is not currently taking new assignments, so sadly he''s out (although those amazing, fluid platinum designs are what I''m looking for.)

When I think about Leon Mege'' I always think major pave and amazing details and maybe this ring is a little too plain for his tastes. or maybe not! I do live in NY.

I was in love with Vatche''s x-prong...but my stone has a very thin girdle and I could forsee future heartbreak. I really love bezels and would like to do a custom version inspired by Tiffany''s Lucida Bezel- full, thin bezel around the top, with some type of pavillion detailing- not true filigree, but either an x or swirl that has pave on it...... I''m imagining diamonds visable from the sides only, not a diamond halo visable from the top. If you look at the Tiffany bezel I envision diamonds on the both x-prongs and on the side of the bezel. This allows me a little something special to look at from the sides and wouldn''t look terrible with my SI1, M stone (which I think faces up whiter than a lot of modern cut m-colors anyway)

This isn''t something I''m in a rush for and as of right now it will be a rhr with an e-ring feeling.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

engagement_lucida_bezel2fff.jpg

nhwhazup

Rough_Rock
Check out Michael Devlin at devlinjewelry.com. Does excellent custom platinum work.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to contact Michael Devlin to run my ideas by him- of course I''ll let everyone know what happens!

If anyone has additional suggestions let me know!

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
A friend of mine has a very similar custom-made ring. It has little diamonds on the X as well as around the bezel. The guy who made her ring works in the diamond district, his name is Maxim Semyonov. He was featured in New York magazine:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/urban/guides/bestofny/services/03/jewelrywizard.htm

She recommends him highly and his prices are supposed to be quite reasonable. I considered working with him on a wedding band but the only problem was that they didn''t really have pictures or samples of previous work (he has an office, not a store) and i wasn''t quite sure what I wanted. But if you know what you want, it should be easy to work with him.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2005 6:19:52 PM
Author: elepri
A friend of mine has a very similar custom-made ring. It has little diamonds on the X as well as around the bezel. The guy who made her ring works in the diamond district, his name is Maxim Semyonov. He was featured in New York magazine:

http://www.newyorkmetro.com/urban/guides/bestofny/services/03/jewelrywizard.htm

She recommends him highly and his prices are supposed to be quite reasonable. I considered working with him on a wedding band but the only problem was that they didn''t really have pictures or samples of previous work (he has an office, not a store) and i wasn''t quite sure what I wanted. But if you know what you want, it should be easy to work with him.
Thanks so much! Since I work in NYC 4 days a week I will give him a call.

It would reduce so much stress and hassle if I find someone local!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results