shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing problem, diamond ring rolls to the side!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I''ve always disliked anything that feels slightly consticting as far as clothing and jewelry. My new ring was a little bit tight when I first got it so I had it sized up. Now that I''ve had it sized up half a size it sort of falls to the side when I wear it. It doesn''t come off my finger or my knuckle when I shake my hand or anything but it just feels a tiny bit loose. Originally it was 5 1/4 and too tight. Now it''s 5 3/4 and it''s a tiny bit loose. The tightness really really irritated me and at 5 and 3/4 it feels better but it''s bugging me that it falls to the side. Any ideas or remedies for this problem . Is having it sized again my only solution.

cmcwill

Shiny_Rock
Maybe get a ring guard? I know its not the same as having a perfectly fit band, but it might be an option if you dont want to go through resizing again.

Would resizing multiple times start to weaken the band?

Colleen

baltneu

Shiny_Rock
Patty is correct, try 5 and 1/2.
As I look at my fiances ring, it does flop to the side from time to time.
We originally got it as a 6, resized it to 5 and 3/4, then further down to a 5 and 1/2. It fits well and comfy, but she needs to use soap or hand lotion to remove each nite. She has a large nuckle!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
No I don't think it would weaken the band, at least I hope not. It's a pain to have it resized again. Maybe I should try a temporary solution first like a ring guard and then get it resized since I may have no other choice.
sick.gif

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Having recently re-sized a ring twice, I would recommend you get the ring guard and live with it through a few months to see if weather or season changes affect your ring size.

I re-sized a ring from a 7 to a 6 and then back to a 6.5 recently and the knife edge on the back was completely lost when I went from the 6 to the 6.5.

The fluctuations in size seemed to be about seasonal change from cold to warm.

Duh

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy thats sort of what I think could happen to me. Where can I buy a ring guard online , anyone know?

Obsessed

Shiny_Rock
whats a ring guard? How does it work and whats it look like?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
my friend recently had "balls" installed on her ring. Sort of odd, and not sure what metal they are, but they were two equidistant metalic balls welded onto the lower bottom of her ring, to avoid having to resize one half size down. I didn't find it all that comforable, but she did... Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... my ring size varies up to one full size in cold vs. hot environment (bad periferic circulation). Half a size to big drives me nuts...

Do you have a ring that has been confortable for more than a year of wear? It might make a god benchmark for sizing the current troublemaker even if the size remains undetermined.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
valeria, I always go by how my current rings fit when I'm deciding what size to order. I also hate anyting tight like you innerkitten, but having bigger knuckles, I also get the spin problem. I find that a wider band does not spin as much...probably because the ring is not as top heavy. And a wider band needs to be a bigger size than a narrow band.

My 3 stone ring was supposed to be a 5.25 which would have been perfect. I could have worn it on my right hand alone or on my left hand with another band. But it arrived as a 5 1/2. For now I'm leaving it as it is because summer is coming, and also because I hate the thought of mailing it back to New York.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
ohh, just a thought, Lop told me that a Euroshank helps to stabilize a spinning ring...not sure if you like the shape or anything, but supposedly that helps as well.

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/6/2004 3:08:29 PM Nicrez wrote:

my friend recently had 'balls' installed on her ring. Sort of odd, and not sure what metal they are, but they were two equidistant metalic balls welded onto the lower bottom of her ring, to avoid having to resize one half size down.

----------------

they're called "sizing beads." kind of a kludge to avoid a complete resizing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results