shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing bar issue / question

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I just purchased an eternity ring from a pricescope vendor. I had asked for a sizing bar, and the guidance I got from them was that most customers choose to have a bar that's the size of 2-3 stones. I asked for one the size of 2 stones so as to maximize bling...but it looks more like 3 stone length once I received it.

Does anyone have photos of their sizing bar? How many stones did you choose to replace?

Thanks!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think 2-3 is common for a small sizing area. Some people even do 3/4 stones, but I prefer a smaller sizing area than that.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1410545464|3749795 said:
I think 2-3 is common for a small sizing area. Some people even do 3/4 stones, but I prefer a smaller sizing area than that.

Thanks!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are so smart to get a sizing bar! :appl:

When you try to judge the size of the bar, I believe you will get more concise feedback by using a constant metric, since stone sizes vary in different rings.

In my case, I went 2 stones, & stone size was on avg, 5mm. My sizing bar was about 10mm. Best of luck with your decisions, here's a picture of my ring for reference:

_22291.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1410564103|3750049 said:
You are so smart to get a sizing bar! :appl:

When you try to judge the size of the bar, I believe you will get more concise feedback by using a constant metric, since stone sizes vary in different rings.

In my case, I went 2 stones, & stone size was on avg, 5mm. My sizing bar was about 10mm. Best of luck with your decisions, here's a picture of my ring for reference:

Wow, sarahb, from that photo, I'd have assumed that only one stone was removed for the sizing bar - is the photo taken at an odd angle maybe?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are exactly right marymm!!! I had to go look at it, my mistake :oops: great catch!! :wavey: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results