shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings like the Vatche Swan or Mark Morrell Torchiere?

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Looking for additional ideas and eye candy.

I fell in love with the Vatche Swan and the MWM Torchiere on first glance. I love the fluid, swirling lines and overall clean and graceful look of the setting. I have a weak spot for cool prong designs like the Torchiere. I've seen the Lotus setting on Etsy and that's cool too but are there any others?

I had an idea for the Torchiere where I would customize it by making the prong heads merge into a single prong (not the heart-shaped tip), and then maybe even putting tiny diamonds on top of the prong head. Any other cool customizations you've done to your "existing design" rings?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you looked at some ritani settings? they have some pave works on the heads as well. otherwise if you like Mark's Torchiere but not the heart tip prongs, he has changed it for a couple of PS'ers though I can't remember whom off the top of my head. Although when I think of Mark Morrell, I do think of his heart tips as his signature on the piece.

ex:

http://www.ritani.com/products/view/434/in_category/1

http://www.ritani.com/products/view/437/in_category/1

http://www.ritani.com/products/view/438/in_category/1

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T! They are a bit more ornate than my style, but awesome eye candy nonetheless. I've never seen settings like that.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about with the TINY diamonds on top of the prong heads? Not on the side like the Verragios, but at the very top so that when you're looking down at the diamond face-up, the prong heads also sparkle like crazy (and make the diamond look even bigger!). I've seen it once but can't remember the setting at all. I don't even know how you'd set a diamond in such a tiny tip.

I love the scrollwork from the sides of the Verragios, sooo romantic. I guess I just love swirly lines.

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
New but would love to chime in and say these are ALSO my fave settings and would like to see other pieces like this! EYE CANDY!

lokelani

Rough_Rock
This is too funny.

I absolutely fell in love with this 4-prong MWM torchiere ring last year, and saved pictures of it in a folder on my computer labeld "The Ring!"

FI found this folder on my computer (after also discovering my folder of PS bookmarks :naughty: ) and asked GOG if they could create something similar. They suggested customizing the Vatche Swan into a 4-prong. Ha!

Either would have been perfectly lovely, but then, he discovered Ritani! He loved the pave stones in the basket paired with gently curving prongs, and the delicate pave on the daintily thin shank. He thought it embodied the style I was admiring and yet added a little more of a wow/bling factor. I could not have asked for anything more perfect.

So obviously, I second the Ritani recommendation. :lol: You can see the end result of my ring here in SMTB. Best of luck!

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Ha, that's funny! I remember seeing your Ritani ring in SMTB, it looks sooooo lovely in rose gold.

I still love the Swan and the Torchiere, but I'm wondering if I'll just end up designing my own setting entirely. I'm not sure if what I'm thinking can be done, structurally though. I also thought it would be cool to use this as inspiration:

crap, first time uploading a pic, hopefully that shows.

milk.jpg

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Just wanted to chime in that I have the MWM Flame and Mark made mine without the heart shaped prongs. It's an easy request. I also have the tiny diamonds in the crown.

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
Travel Goddess, love that ring! I prefer it with 6 prongs too.

Any other examples of cool prong designs?

Also, anyone know any custom jewelry makers like MWM or Leon Mege that use palladium? I've been reading about platinum vs palladium, and palladium seems to have a lot of advantages.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
lapelirroja|1293899106|2811621 said:
New but would love to chime in and say these are ALSO my fave settings and would like to see other pieces like this! EYE CANDY!

Quick threadjack - Lapelirroja, is that a Bengal in your av???

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
should i be here|1293811555|2810945 said:
Looking for additional ideas and eye candy.

I fell in love with the Vatche Swan and the MWM Torchiere on first glance. I love the fluid, swirling lines and overall clean and graceful look of the setting. I have a weak spot for cool prong designs like the Torchiere. I've seen the Lotus setting on Etsy and that's cool too but are there any others?

I had an idea for the Torchiere where I would customize it by making the prong heads merge into a single prong (not the heart-shaped tip), and then maybe even putting tiny diamonds on top of the prong head. Any other cool customizations you've done to your "existing design" rings?

I almost want to say that Leon has done a design in the past with pave on the prong tips....but I could be making that up. But I would venture to say that if any designer has done so, it's probably Leon (or maybe I'm thinking of a poster in the past who wanted Leon to do that?). I think it'd be pretty cool, but I think your prongs would have to be a big bigger to accomodate the diamond (no matter how small it is) and we don't really see that on PS nowadays because the big thing has been for tiny, tiny prongs (like Leon's claw prongs), so that as little metal is seen on the diamond table as is securely feasible.

LOVE the Torchiere btw.

lapelirroja

Shiny_Rock
B.E.G.|1294438360|2817087 said:
lapelirroja|1293899106|2811621 said:

Quick threadjack - Lapelirroja, is that a Bengal in your av???

Hi :)

No, actually thats my little kitty Isabelle.

Here's a more current/up close pic of Isabelle watching her mommy brush her teeth. BEWARE, this is my first attempt at attaching pics as I don't have a diamond yet :((

IMG_2853.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results