shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting suggestions for OEC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve recently acquired a .90ct K-L-M, SI2 diamond. I''m going nuts trying to figure out how I want to set it. Here''s the link to the stone: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-is-here.69056/

The colour of the stone is the main issue for me. It''s sort of a pale yellow in some lighting and faces up off-white in others. I already know I want to set it in white gold because it looks more flattering on me than platinum, but would having side diamonds in the setting emphasise the yellowness of the stone? When I put the diamond next to my F-coloured diamond wedding band, it made it look really yellow in comparison.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What your budget hon?

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy! I was glad to hear you''re feeling better tonight. Hope the wine helped
1.gif

As it will be white gold, my budget is around $1000-$2000. I love fishtail prongs, but I also love ericad''s new setting and mrssalvo''s OEC setting.

So hard to type with a cat hanging off my arm...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, something with an antique flair in white gold, right?
And a sprinkling of side diamonds? Pave okay?
Prong set? Bezel set? Bead set?
Are you looking for a true antique or a reproduction or something that just looks antique-y?

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Do you want it to be a RHR or an e-ring style? www.antiqueengagementrings.com has some pretty ones. I love the one near the bottom of this page the almost looks like a halo http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=1 that would probably bring out the yellow. And I''ve been wanting the last mounting on this page for years, it looks so unique! http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?page=2 They''re both platinum, bt in your budget. You could ask about white gold instead...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MG,
Maybe it''s just me but I can''t get to both links (error messages).
33.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2007 1:54:59 AM
Author: wolftress
Hi Gypsy! I was glad to hear you''re feeling better tonight. Hope the wine helped
1.gif

As it will be white gold, my budget is around $1000-$2000. I love fishtail prongs, but I also love ericad''s new setting and mrssalvo''s OEC setting.

So hard to type with a cat hanging off my arm...

Hi honey! The wine definitely helped and I''m suffering no ill effects this morning, so all in all... it was a good (if rare) indulgence.

Have you contacted Ari and singlestone? I think he''s got some of the nicest settings around, and I keep hearing that he''s affordable too. That would be my first move. If that doesn''t pan out... then I''d look at other places, but that''s definitely where I''d start.

Tell the cat I said hi!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ari has settings in a variety of price points - less expensive cast settings to handcrafted custom rings. He also uses warmer colored side stones - mine are all I color, to better compliment my K center. I scrutinized my setting as closely as possible (with my naked eye) and it''s flawless. And I''m VERY OCD about prongs and very sensitive to symmetry - I never met a ring that passed my heightened sensitivities until now!

He can also appraise the diamond for you (if needed), have it re-polished (if needed), etc.

Also check out WannaBuyAWatch, Israel Rose (NewYorkEstateJewelry), Fay Cullen, Melany Pino (Mel''s Antiques on eBay) and Doyle&Doyle for setting ideas/eye candy. Those were my favorite inspiration sites, but there are a lot of sites out there.

Yay! How exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results