carat
color
clarity

Rock Walk Album is now Available!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Drumroll please...Presenting the Rock Walk Album!

The album is ready!

Huge thank you to the Pricescope community for contributing your wonderful photos!
Also a big thank you to Franky for her time and putting it all together.

Click here to learn more about the Rock Walk Album.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, very exciting; just in time for the holidays!!! Can't wait to get my copy and for a good cause! :bigsmile: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ps It looks FANTASTIC!!! drool drool; awesome job! :bigsmile:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Got mine!
YAY!
Can't wait to see all the sparklies!!
:love: :love: :love:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woo Whoo!! So excited! Just ordered my copy! Thank you Pricescope, great idea! :appl:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks awesome and I am so chuffed, my photo is on the cover!!! Woo hoo!!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
It's so exciting and for a great cause as well. I love that mine is in the preview too! Looking forward to having the book at home with me to drool over time and time again. :lickout:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! I saw mine the preview too - looks great! I need to go order one!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Am I just stoopid but I can't figure out how to order one?!?! Can someone please help me out with a linky? Much appreicated!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
YAY, two of my pics are in the preview! I can't wait to get it. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations...I've just bought mine.

But, thanks also for the detail below...I needed it.

Ira Z.

franky|1289476112|2761226 said:
Hey Honey,

Here we go.
This is a direct link http://www.blurb.com/books/1694546
Just below you will see the little button "buy".

Enjoy :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know how big this book is? Is it an actual book, as in hundreds of pages?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Good going. And for a Great cause ! Good karma back to you.
I'm ordering.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Great job to Franky and the Pricescope staff!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! My order just shipped! :appl:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just got my notification that my album has arrived and is waiting on my doorstep, Ugh and I'm stuck at work, can't wait to get home and see it! That was quick :)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I got mine delivered today!!!
I ordered the paperback version.
The pictures are great! :love:

My only complaint... NOT ENOUGH PHOTOS!!!
The 22 pages seemed like a teaser preview, where's the 50 page version???
I wish it were at least double the size! :cheeky:
I kept on wanting to see more gorgeous, bling-a-licious pictures!
I wanted to see more, more, MORE I tell you!!! :appl:

But hey, two of my pics made the cut, so I'm totally stoked!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My bling baby is officially famous! So excited to be included in the album, Thanks again Pricescope staff :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow! ?- how do you pick what pics to put in the rockwalk? Tough job! :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I wish someone would post it so those of us who can't order it right now could see it :(sad

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
SuzyQZ|1290118329|2771905 said:

I have to agree. I was thinking it was going to be more of a coffee table book. Something neat to put out for guests to go through. It is so not. I'm not saying it isn't neat. But the ring pics are very small (maybe each the size of a business card) and there is a lot of background- when the pictures could have been made bigger in the format instead. It only being 22 pages makes it soooooooooo thin - it needed much more content, and bigger pictures as well. The concept is very nice, and so is how the pictures were organized - however I used mypublisher and I feel they put out much more showstopping books.

Don't get me wrong - no slight against the actually pictures or the digital crafting it took to make it (Franky did a great job picking all the pictures and organizing them! and I have two pics in there) - but Im disappointed in the actual book. Its thinner and less striking than a magazine. ;(

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
rhbgirl24|1290609989|2778050 said:
SuzyQZ|1290118329|2771905 said:

I have to agree. I was thinking it was going to be more of a coffee table book. Something neat to put out for guests to go through. It is so not. I'm not saying it isn't neat. But the ring pics are very small (maybe each the size of a business card) and there is a lot of background- when the pictures could have been made bigger in the format instead. It only being 22 pages makes it soooooooooo thin - it needed much more content, and bigger pictures as well. The concept is very nice, and so is how the pictures were organized - however I used mypublisher and I feel they put out much more showstopping books.

Don't get me wrong - no slight against the actually pictures or the digital crafting it took to make it (Franky did a great job picking all the pictures and organizing them! and I have two pics in there) - but Im disappointed in the actual book. Its thinner and less striking than a magazine. ;(

Does this mean you're volunteering to do the rockwalk 2010 book? ;))

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
redfaerythinker|1290629288|2778394 said:
[/quote][/quote]

Oh I absolutely would!

Just to clarify, I think Franky and whoever else put it together did great, but a better company with better books could have been utilized (thicker paper, metallic ink, heavier covers, vellum between cover and first page are all nice additions.) The size and thickness of it reminds me of a children's book... And of course - MORE, bigger, clearer pictures. I figured when they asked for high res shots the pics were going to be bigger than a business card.... and I would have used other pictures as the backgrounds instead of plain to utilize the space. But then again I spent like 20 hours editing and crafting our parents albums from our wedding... so maybe I'm just crazy picky! lol

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
rhbgirl24|1290630326|2778419 said:
redfaerythinker|1290629288|2778394 said:
[/quote]

Oh I absolutely would!

Just to clarify, I think Franky and whoever else put it together did great, but a better company with better books could have been utilized (thicker paper, metallic ink, heavier covers, vellum between cover and first page are all nice additions.) The size and thickness of it reminds me of a children's book... And of course - MORE, bigger, clearer pictures. I figured when they asked for high res shots the pics were going to be bigger than a business card.... and I would have used other pictures as the backgrounds instead of plain to utilize the space. But then again I spent like 20 hours editing and crafting our parents albums from our wedding... so maybe I'm just crazy picky! lol[/quote]

Wouldn't make much business sense to pay for more expensive printing in case people don't actually buy...and it's a cost eater more than a money maker for charity.

Jemphrey

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone

I just received my book too and I am sooo disappointed with it too. Like the prev poster, I love it but I really thought it would be more substantial.
And it was a lot of money for what it is.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks everyone for your comments. There was a bit of a learning curve with this book, but we have great plans for the next one. Please remember that proceeds from book sales go to Diamond Development Initiative, a great organization which helps improve the lives of artisanal diamond miners worldwide. These miners typically earn less than a dollar a day, and many of them are children. Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results