shape
carat
color
clarity

Removing stamp from ring- how much metal would be lost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
how much metal would be lost from removing a stamp/engraving from the inside of a plat ring? would doing so significantly thin out the band or affect the durability of the setting?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on how deep it is, I imagine. It may be something that could be polished out or something... or not.

Missrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Doesn''t always need to be polished out. The right jeweler should be able to fill it in. Much better than solution, IMO.

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
I agree with Missrocks, filling it in is a much better option than polishing or filing it off. You''ll loss a lot more metal because they need to make sure the shank is even after removing the stamp/engraving.

It may cost a little more to fill but you''ll be glad you did...

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
has anyone had engravings filled in before? anybody know how much it costs? the area i''d like to fill is not big (just a few letters).

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
Platinum will cost more than gold but all depends on the area to be covered and the jeweler you take it to.

I can''t image it should cost you more than $50.00 - $75.00 but you need to speak to your jeweler about it. If you have a local jeweler you deal with, they will be able to give you a better price than going to a new place.

Just make sure that they don''t cover the area with a different metal then plate it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results