shape
carat
color
clarity

Regents vs. Round Brilliants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
How do they compare in "size" appearance vs. a round brilliant? I''ve always heard that square stones appear larger when viewed from the top. Is that a correct statement? Any pics of regents side-by-side with rounds? I''ve got to admit that the Jubilees are lovely but I think the Regents appeal to me more.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The regent looks round when set. For that reason, I''d go with the round. They have a better depth and larger spread for the same look.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/7/2005 6:45:58 PM
Author:northstar_78

I've always heard that square stones appear larger when viewed from the top.
That argument has something to do with the pointy corners of the princess cut... the Regent does not have them. Not sure what that mantra means - if you have a small list of diamonds to choose from, it is easy enough to check their size and spread based on GIA numbers. No need to reffer to some illusive "average" touted by an add.
20.gif

Small regents look like roudish cushions to me. Mara has one ( a pendant 40 points or so ), perhaps she would care to volunteer impressions.

Between a round and a regent of the same weight, the round will most likely be larger (Regents are cut deeper) but... they are different and there are plenty of reasons to prefer them.
2.gif

Jonathan has a whole page comparing regents and princess cuts. Definitely worth reading IMO, if you have not already.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results